Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Moscow maps  (Read 2066 times)

EHood

• Supporter
Trouble with Moscow maps
« on: December 17, 2016, 03:32:59 PM »

A few days ago, after installing the latest upgrades, and while having a look at new and upgraded maps, it occurred to me that in all the time I've had my CUP installation, I'd never had a close look at the Oknevas Battle of Moscow maps. To my dismay, I discovered that in all versions of the map, the Moscow area itself is marred by four huge, white patches with tangent corners, like part of a checkerboard pattern. Much of two of the patches can be seen here:

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know of a remedy? As always, any help with this would be much appreciated.

I'll insert a link to this thread in the thread dedicated to the maps in question.
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
Re: Trouble with Moscow maps
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 03:00:53 AM »

I have just checked my Battle of Moscow maps and I have the same problem except my squares are black instead of white. I did look at these maps not so long ago and I don't remember any problem which suggests the trouble started with the last upgrade but I cannot be sure about that.

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 07:27:07 AM »

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know of a remedy? As always, any help with this would be much appreciated.
Were your Sturmo.log?

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 10:05:56 AM »

I am afraid I don't understand: 'Sturmo.log' ?

Edit: I do understand 'log' and here is what looks like the relevant part of my logfile.

10000m = -47.899994 .
Temperature - 11000m = -54.39 .
Temperature - 12000m = -56.5 .
Loading map.ini defined airfields:
Map file: line <1 371199 460799 1 2.0> is valid!
WARNING: Texture 'MAPS/_Tex/land/Oks/2S.tga' - has non power of 2 dimensions (1025 x 1024)
WARNING: Texture 'MAPS/_Tex/land/Oks/4S.tga' - has non power of 2 dimensions (1025 x 1025)
WARNING: Texture 'MAPS/_Tex/land/Oks/6S.tga' - has non power of 2 dimensions (1024 x 1025)
WARNING: Texture 'MAPS/_Tex/land/Oks/8S.tga' - has non power of 2 dimensions (1025 x 1025)
INTERNAL ERROR: LoadTextureFromTga('MAPS/_Tex/Trees\AlteredBush8aTL.tga')
WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNIN'
WARNING: TLandscape::LoadMap('BoM/Sload.ini') - errors in loading
World.land().LoadMap() error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Landscape 'BoM/Sload.ini' loading error

This time the map would not load. I hit alt/tab and got results much the same as above, I think. When I tried to leave FMB the game froze and I had to re-boot to get out of trouble.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »

I am afraid I don't understand: 'Sturmo.log' ?

Hello, Toobone!  :) I was about to ask the same question: Sturmo.log?

I tried the maps again this morning, this time with PalsMissionProCombo activated. Of course, it made no difference. My previous screenie showed the Summer version of the map. Below is the Autumn version. Can't get an overall view of the pattern; if I scroll back further, the ground detail vanishes, and it turns back into a sort of road map, with a big red star over the city center:

A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Oknevas

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:39:49 AM »

Log file is clearly indicated that the four textures have the wrong resolution. This mistake was made in the first edition of the map. Update the map with the first post, this error is corrected there and not only. Made and other fixes

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »

Wonderful! For me the problem is all sorted. Thank you very much Oknevas.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 01:05:22 AM »

Many thanks, Oknevas, for the quick and helpful response.  ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 12:29:41 PM »

Thanks for this one.  I never got this error, even with the 'wrong' textures, so I could never replicate or see it!  This texture fix is now included in all subsequent updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 28 queries.