Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Tunisia 1942 (v.3.1) for JGSME  (Read 78849 times)

gianluca

Re: Tunisia 1942 (v.3.1) for JGSME
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2011, 08:26:42 AM »

beautiful redko! please keep on going with this wip, we need it!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »

Redko, you are a champ! Gorgeous!  :P
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

redko

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »

beautiful redko! please keep on going with this wip, we need it!

Thanks  ;)

redko

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2011, 12:57:55 PM »

Redko, you are a champ! Gorgeous!  :P

Thanks sir. Hey...just played 3 missions of your campain for Mixx map, delicious  :P. Hopefully we'll have one of yours aslo for the new version of this map  ;D

redko

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2011, 01:08:16 PM »

Lets make this thread reach 20000 views  :P

Work of today. I'm still in the texture creation process, the complet set is not ready but i started to paint some little areas with what i have for the moment.

I have to say that play the quick missions for this map even at a early wip stage is already very fun. Good sign...

I created a template to pupulate the little villages. In quick mission one there is a town in the south of the US airfield. For those who played this here is how it looks now :

The US airfield once bombed:

Some new textures:

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »

Really good mate!!!

Blond

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »

Wooooooooow!
Simply stunning Redko!

redko

« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »

Hum....back to some years behind  ::)...

Just tested CoD. I was hoping this way to use textures and most of all transition from one texture to another one would be just a bad dream forever. THE thing i was fighting against is making his return = the disgusting grey spots....

texture falling from nowhere...

Don't want to make a debate about Cod after all what have been said but....this is a regression. Not only compared to my own work (no personal glory guys...) but just take a look to Mixx maps for exemple, all the efforts made from month and month to make the map modding skip out of this archaic method of representation.

Look that uniform grey...what's the problem guys, is this so hard to paint it manually and difference of tones ? Looks like Super Mario Bross. What the fuck is going on here ? Please take Mixx on the team guys....I could help if were in Russia but please, don't work like that.

Sorry guys but i'm so sad

To many red in the colours. Bad filters, looks like Birds of prey....and arcade game. This not how light and colours work for real.

Dakpilot

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2011, 06:02:45 AM »

Not to worry, when COD gets "optimised" and it surely will, you have a great future in continuing the outstanding start you have made in IL-2

;)

I was not around when IL-2 first came out but am sure there were issues to work through in the first month of release.

This map is looking outstanding, and as with other new and repainted maps, the future for IL-2 AND Cod looks better every Day  :)

Thanks for all the hard work!!

redko

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »

A little update.
The map is going to be hard to reskin. There is many different types of landscapes in tunisia even if the main part would be a typical mediterranean landsacpe.

I have 3/4 of textures ready, i'm not shure about the last 1/4 so this may change in way. The hardest part will be to eradicate repetitive patterns.

I don't think to finish this before 1 month i guess.

Avoid patterns is gonna be the big cake...

WhiteCat

• Modder
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »

A little update.
The map is going to be hard to reskin. There is many different types of landscapes in tunisia even if the main part would be a typical mediterranean landsacpe.

I have 3/4 of textures ready, i'm not shure about the last 1/4 so this may change in way. The hardest part will be to eradicate repetitive patterns.

I don't think to finish this before 1 month i guess.

Avoid patterns is gonna be the big cake...

Redko, I think I have offered in the past more or less clearly collaboration but now I offer it clearly and explicitly. You are textures man, I'm postprocessing man and pattern-eliminator. Let's team, for god's sake, we'll progress faster, the maps will be definitive, and we'll jump from one map to another and definitely IL2 will be a strong alternative to CoD for a looong time, at least on the maps side...

To be honest actually we should create a wider team with more modders, especially a couple of them who have other complementary strengths, I'm thinking particularly in 2, one well known by creating new good exotic maps from scratch, and another specially good with cities and objects, guess who :) let's create the bloody xmen team man! :P

We modders are an independent and proud race but, hey, it's that the best way to move forward? Other teams are moving faster, look at the 1956 development team...

Sorry about the speech etc., I'll understand if you want to continue alone, btw good map, and, hey, thanks for the warm colours! :P

Blond

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM »

Woooow... Redko!
I feel like I can touch olive or lemon tree underneath!
 8)
Great combianation Mate...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 27 queries.