Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Map - New Georgia in PTO  (Read 14246 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: New Map - New Georgia in PTO
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »

"A" like Agragier sounds as "A" like Amazing!!!

Another 1:1 Map Builder Hero!!!

May I copy some objects like harbours, seaplanes and airfields bases for my Coral Sea 1:1?

Of course ... no real need to ask, anything I make or have made you may consider as public domain ... use it any way you wish.

I am also currently in the process of retexturing this map with new textures and repixeling of most of the terrain ... unfortunately, for some mysterious reason my PC won't let Il-2 start up. The mouse freezes on startup in the main menu and then disappears ... so I have no way to finish the map - or fly Il-2 - until I get a new machine and install up and running in a few months time hopefully ...

Anyway, in the meantime use whatever you wish from whatever map of mine you need ...

nightace

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 12:35:27 AM »

hello
first i would like to say Bravo !!! on a lovely map . Munda is great and is off great historical importance for the USMC jolly rogers corsair squadrons . i have a request , what do i do to delete the dirt trail passing by Munda and can i delete them all or darken them .
cheers

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 12:59:19 AM »

hello
first i would like to say Bravo !!! on a lovely map . Munda is great and is off great historical importance for the USMC jolly rogers corsair squadrons . i have a request , what do i do to delete the dirt trail passing by Munda and can i delete them all or darken them .
cheers

I can't open my Il-2 install at the moment so I can't check to be certain. However, the dirt trail is probably made up of trail/road objects and these can only be deleted by editing the map itself in a map maker version of Il-2. It's not difficult to do, but you do need a map maker version. No other way around it.

You can also - if you can locate the correct object you are talking about, and there are probably some 5 or 6 different trail/road objects - you can edit them in a graphics editor. This i have never done before, but it shouldn't be hard. The main problem will probably be identifying and locating the objects. As in: in what folder are the located? Or are they 'zipped' into an sfs file? If this last is the case, then you are in for a hard time I fear ...

nightace

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 07:47:22 AM »

hello
which is the map maker version you recommend ? i stopped making scenery for combat flight simulator 2 5 years ago so i'm a little rusty now , my work is still available at sim-outhouse .
regards

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »

hello
which is the map maker version you recommend ? i stopped making scenery for combat flight simulator 2 5 years ago so i'm a little rusty now , my work is still available at sim-outhouse .
regards

I usually turn my DBW 4.10 into a map maker and then delete all the extra mods and new planes and skins ... but you need to take care to include new objects that you might be using in the maps ... you'll certainly need a game version that includes the extra memory patch, otherwise you'll be limited to editing very small static.ini files ... and that's a drag.

nightace

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 06:32:34 PM »

there is no downloadable tool which works with il2 scenery files that i can upload a map file to and make changes such as paint pro which works with layers ?

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 01:06:36 AM »

there is no downloadable tool which works with il2 scenery files that i can upload a map file to and make changes such as paint pro which works with layers ?

If by scenery you mean how the (3D) objects are placed on a map and which ones where in which location, then as far as I know, that can only be done with a map maker version of the game.

But, if by scenery you mean how the terrain looks, how textures (in 2D) are placed, which ones in which location, then you can use a graphics editor, indeed one like Paint Shop Pro or Gimp (which you'll need in order to convert to the correct .tga type).

Otherwise, I wouldn't know what to suggest. I've never used anything else except those three programs ... (textures themselves are usually made from Google Earth screen captures, but also edited in Paint Shop Pro or Gimp).

nightace

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 04:13:52 AM »

ok i'll start practising how to use what you stated above . In combat flight simulator 2 i used to first fly over the area of interest and print , copy to paint pro and begin work , usually with extra tools for the runways etc. we had tools for placing objects as well and saving to map , i forgot everything . in the meantime i'll be flying out from Munda in my corsair towards Kahili to give the nips hell. thanks support 

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »

I just downloaded this map a couple days ago and like it very much. But there was a problem involving the slot in load.ini for water3; it seems to be not used. The small number of places where this texture is assigned result in odd artifacts, such as the rectangular dark water patch on the shore just a short distance W of Munda. I simply made all of these places on map_t take the texture for water2. Now all is fine.

On another note, I elected to cover up most of the area given to Lowland0 to Lowland1. This was because the Lowland0 texture shows tiling effects a bit too prominently. The painting over of the pixels was done with a certain amount of 'raggedness', so as to make less obvious the transition between them.

I also made up a coral texture for Water2 that has a tiny bit more 'structure' and a stronger color cast that's more greenish.

There are places where the raised topography along shorelines extends past the land textures. I've fixed a few so far.

Munda strip had a leaning depression toward its W end. Was this deliberate? At any rate, I leveled the ground. And for this and Segi Point I extended somewhat the area of flat ground under the strips, as well as lowered their elevation slightly, so as to reduce the slope of the ground surrounding, which makes for odd building seating on the not level surface.

Rivers and their mouths have had some adjustments made.

As you can tell, a map I consider worthy of keeping because I'm willing to spend some hours tweaking it.

Thanks!
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »

... don't hesitate to share your improvements, WxTech, as Agracier won't oppose to it ...  ;)

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »

Yes please. Show us some pictures. I would love to see your take on this map.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »

The differences--outside of the coral shallows--don't *jump* out at you; it would require a close look in most instances to note the changes. But even though many changes are subtle, they do add up in aggregate to a meaningful improvement, I feel. I'm still fiddling, and when satisfied I suppose I should post the lot, with due recognition of agracier's fine foundation upon which I foisted my little tweaks.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.