Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Junkers F13 by gio963tto additional aircraft Release candidate February 2016.  (Read 16883 times)

Asso di Spade - Ace of Spades

• Pilot, Gentleman, Outlaw, Freedom Fighter.
  • Pilot, Gentleman, Outlaw, Freedom Fighter.

Hello folk.
First of all, a BIG Thank you to all the involven in bringing up to the virtual sky this nice plane Family.

I run IL2 1946 version 4.10.1 with SAS ModAct 3.06.
NO DBW of any kind installed. I can say almost all the WW1 and between wars planes released to date Works well.
For the F13, I have the seaplane versions that don't work, (mission load null).
Hope to see in the near future a solution that will be simple and will not force me to install the DBW thing).

Cheers and thank you!

ls

• The last one - P.11c

Solution for float planes in my DBW 1.71:

install latest buttons for 4.10.1,

and of course

copy files from "F13 seaplane classes named for 4.10" folder to main directory of this mod ("Junkers F13 family updated R.C. V2 8th February 2016" - overwrite!).
Now in my DBW 1.71 Junkers F13 with floats works.

P.S. Another problem: floatplane experiences strange shaking (but it was mentioned in ReadMe - problem with FM probably)...

Greetings and thanks for this important plane...

ls

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

Any chance on improving FM of this impotrtant plane, please ?

EDIT on July, 8th, 2017:
Still "mission loading fail" like the guy above.
Any remedy, please ?
Perhaps precise and complete locating which folder to put where could help, since there is a mess with this plane, teufel breaks his leg.

EDIT 2:
The plane seems to fly nice, at least AI, in BAT TGA.
However, the hydroplane version there lacks.

Mission_bug

• Modder

I am conducting a experiment with the float versions at the moment, by altering the clips on the floats I am now able to have them take off with AI without altering the fuel or load outs as previous.

I also made a few alterations to the FM, however, doing these is not a speciality of mine so it really needs looking at properly by others, that said I seem to have stopped the shaking but the steep take off remains as does the tendency for the aircraft to want to raise the nose and pull to the side, trimming or auto stabiliser should help I think there.

The mod was made for 4.12 and in the folder there are some 4.10 classes, just use them to overwrite in DBW, they have the sailplane designation that was changed in 4.12 so if you use the mod without them in DBW it will CTD at 20%.

I will try and upload later if testing goes okay. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder

Hello guys, there is now a new update in the first post. ;)

It should now be more user friendly as the AI can use it without altering any payloads, however, it is still a little tricky for the player to use.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

Hi, Pete,
would you be so kind and help me to install this F.13 crate, please?
At best, give a step by step way what folder and file where to place, from beginning.
I am lost in all these changes, sorry .   >:(

Mission_bug

• Modder

Hello Uzin, if you are using a SAS ModAct 5.30 game just add the folder ' Junkers_F13 family update July 2017 ' into your install after removing or deactivating the previous version, all the entries for the aircraft and statics are as before. ;)

The only issue is if you put the folder into a DBW.171 game or other 4.10 then you need to take the class files from the folder ' F13 seaplane classes named for 4.10 ' and allow to overwrite the existing ones.

The reason for those is that 4.10 and 4.12 games have the float plane class named differently and if you put the mods folder in DBW without adding those two classes there will be a CTD.

Nothing has changed other than the clips to the floats and some alterations in the FM, everything is still named the same as before, just a straight swap.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays

Thank you very much, Pete.
I installed the plane succsesfully into 4.13.4 SAS modact 6.40 now, flied also the float plane quite well.

Mission_bug

• Modder

Hello Uzin, glad you got it working, enjoy. 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 27 queries.