Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUP Mission builders' note: maps that used the Zuti Friction Mod  (Read 1297 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
CUP Mission builders' note: maps that used the Zuti Friction Mod
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »

There are maps in DBW and other flavors of IL-2 410 that use Zuti’s Friction mod. In short, the Friction Mod (this is my understanding mind you) enables map makers to turn areas of territory into “smooth areas" on which an aircraft can land. This is overly simplistic, perhaps, but good enough for the sake of this discussion.

The Friction Mod is incompatible with IL-2 412. The result is that if you try to take off from an air field that worked as expected in 410, in 412 you will have a very bumpy ride. AI can take off (badly) but players often cannot. It would be like trying to take off from a field that is not a designated runway.

A case in point is Uzin’s Belarus map. I am very fond of this map and use it in my Minsk to Moscow campaign because it allows me to reenact the very first moments of Operation Barbarossa that occurred at the Brest Fortress. I am not certain but I suspect that there are other maps that use the Friction Mod.

The solution is here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43134.msg489478.html#msg489478

Tbauchot has created this mod that allows mission builders to place plates over air fields that permit normal landing and take-off. Initially I was working with the Static Ship Test Runways. They work, but the result is immersion-killing for me, in that the pilot must use chocks and the aircraft are “popped” into position for each takeoff as if they were on an aircraft carrier. It may work for some but I prefer Tbauchot’s method.

The Minsk to Moscow campaign is on the way to CUP thanks to this mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 26 queries.