Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: MiG-21 Pack V 4.1 - 30.09.2018  (Read 127952 times)

4S_Vega

• Modder
Re: MiG-21 Unified Pack V.1.2
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »

Ver. 1.2 at first post

1) Mig-21MF bailout CTD solved
2) Beam guided missiles deleted from Mig-21FL
3) Very small FM modifies

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2015, 11:01:51 AM »

Thanks, will test tomorrow. ;)

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
Re: MiG-21 Unified Pack V.1.1
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2015, 12:18:41 PM »

as i read now, the Kh-66 we have in game is right, it had beam guide

Koty, you are in error, the missile you mean is the Kh-23, not the 66

so, later i will release the 1.2 with other fixes

Nononono... I mean - Kh-23 is radio guided - you have such small joystick and move it around...

The Kh-66 is beam-riding missile. It was operated like this:

-You switch the radar to "fixed beam"
then it operates kind of like laser designator in Su-25:
-The pipper (supled by that spark on ground) appears in the middle of your sight. You move it on target, lock, launch the missile, wait for hit.
Or: First launch missile, then move the the beam, then lock... But I don't advise this - missile can loose the beam if you move around too recklessly.
Or: You can move the beam around manually and then lock, but the PFM had only simple crosshair-sight - so you could not see where the beam would aim if you moved it manually (you might want to make the spark invisible for PFM).

But - in the missile's class, you have to keep the beam-ridding option! (Well, if that is not the place where you put the laser designator... othervise it would be... well... you know.)
If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »

Tested successfully v1.2!

A great pack!

Really a great pack mate!!!!

Only small and trascurable issue left (I report only to have them grouped in a single post) of which only the point 1 could be , maybe , noticed as a possible bug:

1) The MF don't showing in FMB stationary plane window but show correctly when placed on map....
2) Missing roundels on underwings
3) Missing numbers on fuselage for later variants
4) Missing radar warning receiver on the wingtips of R

THANKS for the hard work done to release a cohesive and harmonized pack!!!!

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »

Tested successfully v1.2!

A great pack!

Really a great pack mate!!!!

Only small and trascurable issue left (I report only to have them grouped in a single post) of which only the point 1 could be , maybe , noticed as a possible bug:

1) The MF don't showing in FMB stationary plane window but show correctly when placed on map....
2) Missing roundels on underwings
3) Missing numbers on fuselage for later variants
4) Missing radar warning receiver on the wingtips of R

THANKS for the hard work done to release a cohesive and harmonized pack!!!!

Neither of people currently involved is a 3D pro and - doing such things is quite difficult AFAIK. ;) I was glad that I did those containers as a new build thing - working with already released 3D's is a completelly different level.

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 12:52:50 PM »

For all of you MiG-21 fans, here is actual flight manual of a MiG-21 bis!
http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/ussr/mikoyangurevitch/mig-21/mig-21bis-pilot-s-flight-operating-instructions.html

For Vega (and Thorsten) - at the page 14/15, the stall (and landing) characteristics are described well. I don't know where you got the 320 km/h value, Vega, but for the bis it is the speed where stall characteristics (as slight buffeting) start to occur. But as it seems, it lands at speeds of 260-320 as well - that is thanks to SPS I suppose, without it, the plane would stall because of the lowered flaps much earlier. I think that landing speed value of 320 applies to earlier versions - PF, P, F-13, F.

EDIT: Though, really interesting thing is the IAS limitation - you should not exceed 1300 km/h IAS or M 2.05 ... and other values for different loadouts...

Also note, Russian terms/names are written in actual cyrilic, I would give you a list with translation, but page does not yet support cyrilics. (Chat does, though.)

4S_Vega

• Modder
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »

http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/ussr/mikoyangurevitch/mig-21/mig-21bis-pilot-s-flight-operating-instructions.html

For Vega (and Thorsten) - at the page 14/15, the stall (and landing) characteristics are described well. I don't know where you got the 320 km/h value, Vega, but for the bis it is the speed where stall characteristics (as slight buffeting) start to occur. But as it seems, it lands at speeds of 260-320 as well - that is thanks to SPS I suppose, without it, the plane would stall because of the lowered flaps much earlier. I think that landing speed value of 320 applies to earlier versions - PF, P, F-13, F.

EDIT: Though, really interesting thing is the IAS limitation - you should not exceed 1300 km/h IAS or M 2.05 ... and other values for different loadouts...

Also note, Russian terms/names are written in actual cyrilic, I would give you a list with translation, but page does not yet support cyrilics. (Chat does, though.)

Koty, look at the track at first post

You can fly also at 250 km/h with landing flaps, and you can land with right tattic below 300 km/h

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »

Koty, look at the track at first post

You can fly also at 250 km/h with landing flaps, and you can land with right tattic below 300 km/h

As for Bis, you should be able to land at 260, minimum speed at landing configuration being 190 km/h. Well, PF did not have blown flaps, so your values are more or less correct, but in flight configuration, with idle engine, the stall speed of Bis is 220 km/h, still well below 250, even with much heavier plane (having same wings).

But with proper method, I can land the bis within the current span of speeds anyway. 8)

4S_Vega

• Modder
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »

minimum speed 190?

you will never fly a FM made by me where a Mig-21 have the same minimum speed of an L-39

this is sure

we can talk about the Bis minimum speed, i can reduce it of 10/15

260 of Landing speed seem to me too slow

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »

I have found this as an schematic explanation of the landing process for the MiG-21:

Koty

• Mr. MiG
  • Modder
  • It's a MiG!
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2015, 01:54:47 AM »

minimum speed 190?

you will never fly a FM made by me where a Mig-21 have the same minimum speed of an L-39

this is sure

Those are data from real pilot's manual. That is like... ultimate argument. And AoA is there written as 33°-critical, 22°-maximum allowed.

The thing is - MiG-21 could fly at much bigger AoA than now presented - that is why it could fly 190 km/h, but had to touch down at 260 minimally.

4S_Vega

• Modder
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2015, 02:19:59 AM »

minimum speed 190?

this is sure

Those are data from real pilot's manual. That is like... ultimate argument. And AoA is there written as 33°-critical, 22°-maximum allowed.

The thing is - MiG-21 could fly at much bigger AoA than now presented - that is why it could fly 190 km/h, but had to touch down at 260 minimally.

Koty

max AOA is not the same at all speeds, if you reach 20deg of AOA at mach 0.6 you pull 10G, just for example

with last Mig-21 you can outpass without problems 20deg at low speeds, if you look at the track you can manage the plane also at 50deg!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.