Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FAC not working  (Read 913 times)

smg13

FAC not working
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »

Hello. I think I have fuond a bug in CUP. The CY6 Command and Control FAC crashed the game if you try to use it on a mission. I tried the mission without the FAC and it runs. As soon as you insert the FAC object, the mission crases at 100% load.

I had problems with the FAC before with DWB... it did not work properly until I installed CY6 mortars and colored smokes.

Also, my log file shows problems loading maddox/il2/objects/vehicles/artillery/ArtilleryC6$ProneInfantry.

Cna you guys plase check this one up? I love CUP and I would love to be able to use the FAC.

Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks.

smg13

Re: FAC not working
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:07:43 PM »

Hello again... I did a bit of experimenting... if I add CY6 mortars mod to my CUP installation (I am at WAW12), the FAC works. I guess this mod is missing from the CUP mod collection.

Can you PLEASE include in the next CUP WAW update the CY6 mortars mods so the FAC will work properly...

Thanks!!!

PS- Also the Air FAC is not working... in this case the log file says it can't find com/maddox/il2/object/air/AT6 at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.CandC&AFACUnit.danger(CndC.java:90)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 02:22:30 AM »

Large sections of CY6 Command and Control are not compatible with 412.  Updating C&C to 412 requires changes at the code level.  Sputnikshock had made some progress with this project some time ago but as it stands 412 incompatibility is the real problem with C&C.  The SAR doesn't work either, nothing to do with CUP, its the fact that its based on 412.  The specific code that presents the problems is part of the AI checking routine.

I can't fix the code at that level, but more testing and experiment with C&C is welcome.  Maybe we can get together a definitive list of what we can get working in 412?  GCI is functioning fine for example.  DZ is also good.  If we can have GCI, FAC, Spotters, Gunners then draw up a new set for the Stationary.INI that will be well worth an update.

smg13

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »

Aaahhhh, Ok, that makes sense... 4.12 compatibility...

Well, I just made a new post in the forum with a partial list of what works and what does not, tested by myself. I know they work because I get the message or whatever activity the specific features activates to appear. It seems more than half of the stuff works. So, I think it is worth for the CUP team to consider taking a closer look.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.