Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change runaways to invisible?  (Read 3539 times)

Kanttori

• Lentolaivue 32
How to change runaways to invisible?
« on: June 11, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »

Can I change those green runaways to blank (invisible) ones or must I lay all the invisible airfield plates under those runaways? I have read instructions from here and there but I actually don't understand how to replace that kind of airfiels to texture airfields... I don't want to touch to the airdrome points, only remove that default green runaway away. Cyberolas' instruction in other thread goes like this:

You have to take plate panels to all air-ground. I do it this way:
Choose view/object/WinterGroundPlate/Parking and make one nearest one your area. You can see plates and their continuity. Then mark first from these winterplates and two times click key "End" on your keybord. You will able to see chaniging change Wintergroundplate to Blankplate. Thats all. You need these plates for good take off and landing.

That is which I don'tunderstand... I have there summer plates but is it a same thing? I tried that "End" button and plates are changing, but must I change all the plates one by one or change only one BIG invisible plate and delete the others?  :-X

Here's the original aerial photo from Continuation War:

may-bug

• Modder
  • aka millekmh
Re: How to change rynaways to invisible?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:52:30 PM »

Hello Kanttori,

You can try this:
It is manual method but you can't do wrong. Just back-up your actors.static to be sure.
Download and install "visible blank plates" mod (really usefull, thanks tbauchot ;)): https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43134.0.html
Go to fullFMB, load your map, and hide everything exept green runways and blank plates ("hide all" then select things you need to see). Cover green runways with visible blank plates, then hide blank plates. Select and delete green runways. Save your job, you can use new actors.static.
Close the game, go to your MODS (or whatever) folder and desactive your "visible blank plates" mod.
Re-launch the game: youpi

Sorry for my english, and good luck for your beautifull map work !

Kanttori

• Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »

Thank you May-bug, that helped me VERY MUCH!  ;)

Kanttori

• Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »

Now it really works, I don't want to go sleeping while making that airfield. I post soon an image!

Kanttori

• Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »

Must I add a word "_field" to airfield terxtures that it removes the trees from runaways or does the plates remove them? And they myst be flat, so what is the best method to it with elevations?

Kanttori

• Lentolaivue 32
Re: How to change runaways to invisible?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »

Finished "Römpötti" Airfield:

JG54Spookie

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 10:01:16 PM »

You can make the airfield textures themselves invisible by editing their alpha channels. Obviously they'll be invisible on all maps, but it is one option.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »

Must I add a word "_field" to airfield terxtures that it removes the trees from runaways

Yes.
Otherwise you might get trees on runway. Planes won't crash though when they hit the trees but it looks odd.

Don't know how to get a proper working runway when a part of the airfield is elevated. If I understand you correctly.
I think you need to make it completely horizontal anyway with the height tool in Unlocked FMB. To avoid planes hitting the sides of a runway plate.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Kanttori

• Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 12:33:59 AM »

Yes, I am flatten them. Where are good instructions of making airfields? Is this good: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14115.0.html

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 12:47:29 AM »

The one by spdr109 is a very good tutorial indeed for everyting related to airfields.

I don't know what info is only needed for making airfields by the way. 'Cause a lot of information is also for creating missions.

Hopefully another mapmaker can assist you.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 01:03:54 AM »

By the way, there is/was a way to have proper airfields without using airfield plates at all.
So planes can have non bumpy take offs and landings. It is called 'Zuti's Airfield- Grass Friction Mod'.

http://www.352ndfg.com/vb/showthread.php?4647-ZUTI-s-Airfield-Grass-friction-mod!

http://ultrapack.tuttovola.org/?topic=247.0

If this old mod still functions in more recent versions of IL2 then it is possible to have elevated runways.

may-bug

• Modder
  • aka millekmh
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 02:20:08 AM »

Zuti's friction mod doesn't work in 4.12  :(
Blank plates are the solution at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 29 queries.