Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 139   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.  (Read 493651 times)

SeriousSpy

Re: Community Universal Patch C.U.P.
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2015, 11:18:52 PM »

Alright, I'm going to have to say this, please don't take any offense:

Is it possible to make this thing more annoying to install?

I've found the source of my mysterious lock-ups.

Because after Part4 of each module you start having backups of the mod folder, I'm accidentally overwriting newer files, which is causing the lockups.

The problem is, I dunno what files to actually copy or overwrite! Could you please put the mod backups and stuff in a separate folder from the main game? It's making it hell to actually get the thing to work!

Could somebody at least tell me exactly what folders I need to copy over for each file?

decipher

• Missioneer
« Reply #397 on: March 08, 2015, 12:32:03 AM »

Hamm

I am getting the same but its only with some missions/campaigns. I haven't tried any of yours but got it with Montys 4.12 tfm Battle of Britain Campaign and with Abbeville boys 4.12 Campaign by Poltava. Its the same Floatclamp message dotted around and then 'EngineWep2.eff' or other effects mat files.

Testing out some of my TFM 412 missions and getting low FPS with the following errors

i have pin-pointed the enginewep2.eff error to exactly when it happens, to make it easier for the people in charge (modders) to fix this:

the WARNING / INTERNALERROR messages appear EXACTLY when you go over 100% throttle or enable your aircrafts WEP.... as soon as you go under 100%, disable WEP, the WARNING / INTERNAL ERROR messages will stop appearing. reproduced this several times.

i assume this is for some kind of special engine FX, like smoke or flames that is not working correctly.

logfile.txt:

Code: [Select]
WARNING: object '3DO/Effects/Aircraft/EngineWep2.eff' of class 'FObjSect' not created
INTERNAL ERROR: Effect param file '3DO/Effects/Aircraft/EngineWep2.eff' NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3DO/Effects/Aircraft/EngineWep2.eff'
WARNING: object '3DO/Effects/Aircraft/EngineWep2.eff' of class 'FObjSect' not created
INTERNAL ERROR: Effect param file '3DO/Effects/Aircraft/EngineWep2.eff' NOT loaded

gnoztow

« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2015, 03:14:09 AM »

Hi guys; just a notice about JTW

-ILS objects didnt work; all named lorenz blind approach -> download and place ILSTACAN in #JTW, add lines in technics.properties; all ok

-added PA48-CRP, Tucanon SuperTucano, F-111; all ok

-added westerns BTR 40 family; inclusive AA guns, all ok

-added Taskhent Sam destroyer; all ok

enjoy!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #399 on: March 08, 2015, 03:24:11 AM »

holee guaco-molee!!!
can't leave you guys alone for a few weeks, and all hell breaks loose! :D
awesomeness personified, thanks to all the hard work from the contributors, my CUP truely doth floweth over!
many, many thanks to all. going the torrent route with the downloads, so still a few weeks before i get going, and boy, i can't wait!
huge, HUGE thanks, one and all! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #400 on: March 08, 2015, 03:24:46 AM »

Please try and: report. I need some response.  ;)

Many thanks Gerax.

The good news..... Now planes fly properly.

The bad news...... No Tiger33 glorious flybys.

Un saludo.

Erafitti: From what I know the Engine Mod is most important for the jet age, maybe try running the WWII segment without it. Apologies if this is an erratic tip. You can disable any mod in your parent mod folders with a - aka "-" sign in front.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2015, 03:25:07 AM »

Because after Part4 of each module you start having backups of the mod folder, I'm accidentally overwriting newer files, which is causing the lockups.

The problem is, I dunno what files to actually copy or overwrite! Could you please put the mod backups and stuff in a separate folder from the main game? It's making it hell to actually get the thing to work!

Could somebody at least tell me exactly what folders I need to copy over for each file?

This is not according to my experience. There are no backups for the Mods folder, there are seperate Mods parent folders for each segement.

And, as this is something we do in our freetime next to jobs, a bit more patience please. :D Comments like the 2nd line of this otherwise polite post will get you nothing here.

This, after my 5 years of flying modified installs, is by far the easiest to install Modpack "ever", what is buggy and has to be solved when modders have TIME is another thing. ;)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2015, 03:29:48 AM »

And, on a selfish note as part of gathering infos:

What I found in my personalized conf.ini and game settings:

There is often a problem with skins showing up with the High Rez mod enabled. I will make a test with my MD 5.3 version of the True Colour HD mod.
No logfile for this one available.

The waves indeed look visually corrupted (WAW) "#CUP_Water=4 by Carsmaster", I will experiment here as well with my MA 5.3 version of carsmaster's mod

Should I succeed in one of these attempts or both I shall upload. ;)  :P

SeriousSpy

« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2015, 03:33:34 AM »

This is not according to my experience. There are no backups for the Mods folder, there are seperate Mods parent folders for each segement.

And, as this is something we do in our freetime next to jobs, a bit more patience please. :D Comments like the 2nd line of this otherwise polite post will get you nothing here.

This, after my 5 years of flying modified installs, is by far the easiest to install Modpack "ever", what is buggy and has to be solved when modders have TIME is another thing. ;)

Alright, sorry, it's just, I've spent literally all weekend trying to get this figured out!

So, let's just go over a 2 modules, Mod1 and DOF.

I install a copy of the game from my retail disc, then I patch it to 4.12.2.

I check the game works, it works fine. I then install the ModAct, still works fine. I then copy over the files from SAS-MME01 through 09. Vanilla game works fine still.

Now I install Dawn of Flight. Parts 1 and 2 are straight forward. 3 has the missions folder, still no idea what that does, since it doesn't seem to add any new campaigns or anything.

Now, Part 4 has a bunch of DLLs, including a modified IL-2 Selector.exe and IL2FB.ini, it also has replacement stuff in the "Bin" folder. IF I copy these files, the game locks up when I try to do a Quick Mission. IF I DON'T copy these files, or if I'm very careful about what I'm overwriting, it works fine.

So far I haven't managed to get WAW working, and I haven't downloaded the Jet module yet.

What am I doing wrong? A lot of these files seem older and smaller than the ones already in the folder.

texaco

« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2015, 03:41:40 AM »

quick and easy installation ! Thank You

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2015, 03:43:26 AM »

Alright, sorry, it's just, I've spent literally all weekend trying to get this figured out!

So, let's just go over a 2 modules, Mod1 and DOF.

I install a copy of the game from my retail disc, then I patch it to 4.12.2.

Yes, sounds fair. For future installs, keep a backup copy of a clean IL-2 install, you do NOT need to reinstall from disk for modded installs, you can have as many modded installs side by side as you want.

I check the game works, it works fine. I then install the ModAct, still works fine.
I then copy over the files from SAS-MME01 through 09. Vanilla game works fine still.

Keep in mind you do not need to activate anything before the install is done. I installed ModAct, then pasted each segement into the install-no worries if files get replaced, this is since missions etc and many more segments are in more than one segment, the redundancy is wanted and makes sense so you can run one or two or all segments as preferred.

Now I install Dawn of Flight. Parts 1 and 2 are straight forward. 3 has the missions folder, still no idea what that does, since it doesn't seem to add any new campaigns or anything.

Now, Part 4 has a bunch of DLLs, including a modified IL-2 Selector.exe and IL2FB.ini, it also has replacement stuff in the "Bin" folder. IF I copy these files, the game locks up when I try to do a Quick Mission. IF I DON'T copy these files, or if I'm very careful about what I'm overwriting, it works fine.

So far I haven't managed to get WAW working, and I haven't downloaded the Jet module yet.

What am I doing wrong? A lot of these files seem older and smaller than the ones already in the folder.

1st questions I answered in your reply box here, to the last, I dunno what went wrong I installed as I said above. Maybe backup the entire thing and do a reinstall.
If you have a copy of a clean IL-2 install or a copy of a clean or modded MA 5.3 install, use that as base.

If you want more help, try to post an error log when something goes wrong or CTD.

So, off duty now...other SAS chaps may have more plan to help, I came late to the party and was not part of the assembling process here, nevertheless I can only say I installed as per readme and it worked for me.  :-\   :P

SeriousSpy

« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:25 AM »

Mate, this is the 4th time I've reinstalled the game, and reinstalled the mod...

It doesn't work. I have no idea why. I have followed the readme to the letter. Unfortunately, as I said a while ago, because the game is locking up instead of crashing (I have to manually close the process) there isn't any information in the log.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2015, 03:48:47 AM »

Is there a future plan to add the SCW pack to WAW??
I hope that too. I even thought it was already included.
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 139   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 29 queries.