Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New flight sim project  (Read 51421 times)

Stainless

Re: New flight sim project
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »

Yes a dynamic campaign would be good.

Recce finds an aircraft factory. Heavy bombers bomb it. Less aircraft available.

That sort of thing is easy to code.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »

Stainless and All,
                                even when obviously in this Forum there is enough knowledge as a whole to know practically everything about this flight simulator, and it is eventually extrapolable to other software of the sort, knowing how to build a building doesn't exactly mean that you actually can build a building.

I mean: even when nothing of this is a technological secret or limitation for us. How many thousands (yes, thousands) of development hours are required to make it really a release?

I have made previously some sort of suggestion: what if we were able to buy (with a collect made between us) the sources of the compiled libraries (which are our current limitation regarding Graphic Engine, Java version and Core Limitations). It would not be difficult to update those sources, and soon we will have an improved core Il-2.

Over that new basement we could build a bigger, more modern and comprehensive still Java based one as the Il-2.

Regards,
                          Pablo

hello

• aka Aufpassen! aka Alfie!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »

Stainless, some time ago I already predicted that Stainless would become synonymous with the God of IL2. Pull this of and you will be the creator of worlds!

That means basically you have six days to pull it off.  8)

All for it.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »

Pablo's idea also has merit, and of course this will be a huge project either way you look at it.
maybe if we gather enough interest (money) to acquire the source stuff needed, it might be easier to work further with the existing game, but we are talking a huge sacrifice here on behalf of any involved - it would in effect, be a lifetime project, and those doing something like this - well, i hate to talk money, but it makes no sense to tackle something of this magnitude without compensation....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »

Pablo's idea also has merit, and of course this will be a huge project either way you look at it.
maybe if we gather enough interest (money) to acquire the source stuff needed, it might be easier to work further with the existing game, but we are talking a huge sacrifice here on behalf of any involved - it would in effect, be a lifetime project, and those doing something like this - well, i hate to talk money, but it makes no sense to tackle something of this magnitude without compensation....

A huge project indeed. And the amount of modders dedicating their free time on the game become less and less I noticed.
Which is also a brain drain. Perhaps the project will pull them back or attract new modders. Who knows.
To me personally I think the new flight sime project is utopia. (But I hope I am so wrong.)
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

kingsley

• Retired
  • My House Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »

Now what would something like that be worth. Plus what if someone took the sim engines from the four best flight sims. Took them apart and intergrated all four together where the best of them worked together giving a performance like never before. The birds that some could have and some could not. The average fps 80-120 under extreme conditions flak/clouds/storms/bombs/missiles/cannon and machinegun fire. And giving the ships and boats(submarines) for the ones who do not know the differance. And done this mostly for il2.

hello

• aka Aufpassen! aka Alfie!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »

How about doing this with TD together. They have access to the source.

and btw:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=706116#post706116

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:42 PM »

Sounds very promising guys, pablo also makes a good point not sure which is the best way to proceed but would be interested to see what happens. Some thoughts of the top of my head would be.

1. Dynamic campaign - My ideal campaign generator would be something similar to Rowansofts Mig Alley or the later Battle Of Britain where resources could be moved around a strategic overview map before entering a battle, records were kept for pilots, planes, factories, ships etc. The best campaign generator b a mile for me, you can even play the newer BOBII in strategic mode only, like a top down board game.

2. Improved graphics - volumetric smoke, explosions, dynamic fire and lighting for night missions.

3. The best mod for Il2 by far for me is CY6's Command and Control mod. Would love to see this and similar style ideas to it polished and made working for a default game.

4. Better or improved electronic warfare and radar representations

5. Improved AI for aircraft that could maybe follow historical or national routines

7. better interaction with AI for command and control of flights, instructions to individual planes.

8. Interactive ground environment including personnel and soldier formations etc.

9. better AI for ships and possibility of realistic submarine ops.

10. Ability to get rid of the straight roads and railways with their angled corners, and make something more realistic, including cliffs, cuttings, tunnels, waterways etc.

11.More natural looking Cities without associated frame rate hit.

12. More realistic options for complex engine management.

13. weather and or temperature have more effect ie fuel consumption in headwind, icing in cold weather affecting controls etc.

14. Better player immersion, things like fatigue, lack of oxygen, G force affecting vision, maybe even something similar to B-17 II where you could manage and take over any crew position, render first aid etc. Realistic bailing out, briefing debriefing etc.

Not sure if all are doable just a 'wish list' for a no expense spared perfect air sim.

I think a lot of what could go to make this game better could be gleaned from a lot of ideas from games already released such as Falcon 4, Mig Alley, Battle Of Britain II, Eagle day to bombing the reich etc.

regards

slipper

LuseKofte

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 02:32:26 PM »

I am not much of a modder, but I can handle about all mission editors there is. I Will gladly help making campaigns for it

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »

How about doing this with TD together. They have access to the source.

and btw:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=706116#post706116

Hello,
              I really don't know if TD has Access to the Core Engine of the game. For sure they have the real sources of the Java part of the game (we only have the de-compiled classes, some of them with many problems), but why they have released version after version and only adapting the Java part?

If you analyze that is quite weird: dedicating time and time to improve things which in real terms are quite constrained by the old (and never updated) graphic libraries of the C++ compiled part. It is too strange!!!

Why nobody of TD ever tried to improve something there? If it would have been the most noticable refreshment to the game.

The ideal thing would be to have all the C++ sources of the libraries plus the launcher (il2fb.exe) and the real sources of the Java. I even don't know if 1C would be interested on selling it, on offering that to us only under the condition that we would not make business with it, etc.

But to construct something new, as I stated before, it is more reasonable to begin by something that in fact makes the 70% of what you would like to get. A 30% always is much closer than a 100%.

Regards,
                       Pablo

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
  • A little mod in the making !
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »

Pablo , I think one of the agreement between Oleg and TD was that TD will not update any IL-2 engine graphics aspect because Oleg
and team was working on IL-2 CoD , that would have made no sense for Oleg to have continuous competition while working on the new IL-2 CoD engine .
I strongly believe TD can update graphics engine but agreed not to , I might be wrong thou , at least that's what I heard .
You know if the old classic IL-2 was beginning to look like the new IL-2 CoD back then.............. ;D
Gaijin Entertainment http://gaijin.ru/en/games/wingsofprey/ was working with the old IL-2 game engine but later on decided to do a new game engine
from scratch as the original IL-2 was likely not enough for what they have had on their mind but it is doable .

~S!~

Dignified silence is worth more than a thousand insults...

Lulu

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »

benito, as I remeber, DT cannot upgrade the engine because their agreement with 1c states that the game has to respect the original sistem requirements.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 28 queries.