Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Battle of Britain  (Read 32988 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: TFM-412 The Battle of Britain
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »

Brilliant pics.  It is particularly gratifying to see some of my objects being used.   8)
Its even more gratifying to have you here at SAS making them available for us campaign builders Tomoose.  The creativity of all the modders involved is very much appreciated.  ;D

Comiserations for Rick Mayall's family this week, a sad passing.

solotk

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »

Excuse my ignorance, but are the human figures in the screenshots included, or are they a separate mod/ addon?

ol' Navy

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 10:56:12 AM »

I think, as usual, I need some guidance.  All works fine except, but for some reason mission #8 won't.  I had the same problem with mission #4 (I think it was) but I just told it to apply and then I went on to the next one.  With #8 though, I was kinda looking forward to seeing that "Bolton" aircraft.  But when the mission appeared to have loaded, all I could see was a partly completed background scene at least I think that is what it was.  Any suggestions for the old guy needing help?  Thanks.

'MadDog'

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 11:05:18 AM »

Bob, are you up to at least Hangar 19 Level 26? If not, then jump to it, otherwise if your system was previously handling TFM-412 then there's no reason why it can't do so now. We are up to TFM-27 now with the inclusion of 'The Heavies'.

ol' Navy

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 01:40:16 PM »

Bob, are you up to at least Hangar 19 Level 26? If not, then jump to it, otherwise if your system was previously handling TFM-412 then there's no reason why it can't do so now. We are up to TFM-27 now with the inclusion of 'The Heavies'.

Dang, it is plumb embarrassing that whenever I ask a stupid question you seem to have to be the one who answers.  I try to conceal how unsmart I am, and you keep finding me out.  That is probably it.  I haven't even looked to see if there were anymore TFM-412 mods since I did my last ones.  Guess I had better take a check.  but to answer your question, probably not.  Thank you.

ol' Navy

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »

Should I clean out/stop the campaign that I am in the progress of playing, redownload, reinstall, everything to get those missions to work?  I was going along really well, proud of myself for having gotten this far, but now I realize the error of my ways.  Thanks, MD, as always.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »

Should I clean out/stop the campaign that I am in the progress of playing, redownload, reinstall, everything to get those missions to work?  I was going along really well, proud of myself for having gotten this far, but now I realize the error of my ways.  Thanks, MD, as always.
No, you should be fine and you can revisit all of the missions seperately through the single missions/RAF menu as well.  :)

solotk

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »

Excuse my ignorance, but are the human figures in the screenshots included, or are they a separate mod/ addon?

Once again, as I appear to have become invisible.

ol' Navy

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 09:39:04 AM »

No, you should be fine and you can revisit all of the missions seperately through the single missions/RAF menu as well.  :)

Monty27, thanks for the response.  I downloaded TFM 412 mods #26 and #27 and enabled them like Mad Dog advised.  But.....missions numbers 4 and 8 still don't work.  Not in Single Missions either.  All I get, after the mission has loaded (or tried to), is a screen that looks like a major snow storm on the bottom and some trees on a hill at the top.  Get some sound, but nothing else.  I did not though that when the mission is loading, the percentages go by really quick after 23%.  I can tell it "Apply" and go to the next mission hopefully but that gives me credit for an aircraft lost, but then I am pretty proficient at doing that anyway, even when I don't try.  I'm just trying to figure out what I have done wrong.  The rest seems to work well, as it is supposed to.  It is just those two missions (thus far).  Think anyone else has had my problem yet?  Thank you again.

solotk

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »

Hamm66,

Thank you most kindly :)

Solotk

ol' Navy

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »

Monty27, thanks for the response.  I downloaded TFM 412 mods #26 and #27 and enabled them like Mad Dog advised.  But.....missions numbers 4 and 8 still don't work.  Not in Single Missions either.  All I get, after the mission has loaded (or tried to), is a screen that looks like a major snow storm on the bottom and some trees on a hill at the top.  Get some sound, but nothing else.  I did not though that when the mission is loading, the percentages go by really quick after 23%.  I can tell it "Apply" and go to the next mission hopefully but that gives me credit for an aircraft lost, but then I am pretty proficient at doing that anyway, even when I don't try.  I'm just trying to figure out what I have done wrong.  The rest seems to work well, as it is supposed to.  It is just those two missions (thus far).  Think anyone else has had my problem yet?  Thank you again.

Hi Bob

I have had that effect when there is no player plane.

I don't get what you are getting when I try the missions so I cant definitely solve your problem but I would suggest you look in the FMB with mission 8 and see if there is a plane that is the player plane.

I should be RAF 264 sqd Defiant.

If for some reason you do not have that plane in the FMB that might point towards the problem.

If you do have that plane in the FMB see if it is the player plane.

I am working on the assumption you are familiar with the FMB.

Well, I am afraid that I am not familiar with FMB, but I will give it a try.  From back when I bought IL2 way way back, FMB was one of those things I always considered way too detailed for my feeble mind.  I did, one time, find a tutorial for it and I printed a copy but I don't think I ever used it.  You smart guys always have spoiled me by making missions and campaigns that I could just download and play.  I'll have to fool around with it.  And, by the way, I have been saying that missions #4 and #8 are the problem ones, at least thus far.  I was wrong.  It is #5 and #8.  Thank you very much for your response and your time and help.

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »

Hey Bob,

I must encourage you to give the FMB a whirl. It is very very satisfying to put a mission together , even a simple one , and have it come off well. I can tell you that my impression of you from reading your threads from time to time over a long period is you are likely to be very much drawn in to the FMB once you get started.
I remember how very intimidating I found that big blue empty screen when I first started opening it up.
Now I enjoy plotting missions almost as much as I enjoy flying.
There are lots of great tutorials out there too.
Kiwi Biggles  tutorials are really interesting and well written.

Good Luck Bob.

Kopfdorfer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 23 queries.