Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TFM-412 The Battle of Britain  (Read 32985 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
TFM-412 The Battle of Britain
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »

May, 1940 - The Battle of Britain
Campaign & Single Missions - (GB)RAF
Written in FMB by: SAS~Monty27
65 Missions

Designed for TFM-412, Level 26, this campaign comprises a highly modified 4:12.2m environment.  Despite the often large numbers of aircraft and ground movements; 412 has revealed itself as a very stable platform with fewer performance issues than previous versions of Il2.

At 65 missions this particular campaign is larger than most and was well over a year in the making.  New skins, new mods and even a new version of the sim itself, all contributed to the final result.  You may play this as a sequential campaign, where you get to see the videos and follow the story from the point of view of an RAF pilot, or as a single mission set found under RAF. 

The campaign exploits many of the new 412 features and is massively enhanced by mods that alter the gameplay and functions within the sim.  I also enjoy flying more 'realistic' simulators with a heavier workload, such as X-Plane and FSX, and so the goal here was to present a similar experience with added bullets.  The new 412 FMB, new functions and code introduced with the TD Patch, allied with CY6's Command and Control and the enormous input of modders for TFM-412, made that possible.

The fact is that Il2 V4:101m just couldn't handle the large air battles I wanted and performance issues stalled the project.  With 412 there are no such problems with 40+FPS achieved even with 50 or more aircraft duking it out!

Alongside the improved functions added by V412 and TFM-412, artists like MaxTheHitman and Tomoose have done a great deal for the Battle of Britain at ground level.  Because of the scope of this huge air battle, this is also one of the most heavily 'skinned' player campaigns ever attempted in Il2.  Practically every aircraft, Player, AI and scenery static wears a unique paintscheme.  The full list is in the Readme/Credits File. 

Thanks to all the skinners, whose work adds so much to our enjoyment of Il2, featured in this campaign.  Please read the credits list as a huge amount of archive material has been used.  Many more skins and templates were also created especially for this campaign by eMel and RDDR.  Phas3e also made some of my favourite ever Bf109s and Hurris some time back and they feature heavily in this campaign.

From Il2 Freemodding, Ectoflyer and CWatson added the Bolton Paul Defiant;  A quirky, largely un-successful, 'death-trap' fighter used in France and the Battle of Britain before being moved to Nightfighter duties and eventually phased out altogether.  Nevertheless, the Battle of Britain never quite looked right until these strange little turret fighters joined the flightline.

For the Evacuation of Dunkirk, the wonderful Ship Pack 2, plus additional destroyers and corvettes by Asheshouse, Archie, Gio, Plowshare, Flakiten, Diving_Hawk and Western0221, provide an amazing fleet with which to depict this event and many other future campaigns.

This campaign, and others of this standard, are the reason for TFM-412.  As much as it is appreciated by many, 'The Full Monty' is often mis-understood as merely a modpack rather than a comprehensive toolbox for FMB.  Compiled by one whose specialty is mission building its purpose is to create and share campaigns like this:

Thanks to the prolific and skilled Il2 community; TFM-412 Campaigns make full use of many mods far removed from the standard Il2 game and even many highly modded Il2 installs.  I believe most modders make their stuff to be used, enjoyed and appreciated.  Nothing does this better than a proper set of detailed missions to put them into context.  Plenty of other flyers seem to agree, this is for you guys...

So, what does it look like?  Here are some more grabs...

Designed for TFM-412, Level 26
May, 1940 - The Battle of Britain
Campaign & Single Missions - (GB)RAF
Written in FMB by: SAS~Monty27
65 Missions

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/?1k210gbqhcm9771

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
Re: TFM-412 The Battle of Britain
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »

Simon and I doing last checks.
Flew Mission 12....Whoah!! Crappy weather and nasty German bombers coming in right over the water.
Just flew into a lot of tracer fire but managed to smoke one.
Problem. Have to watch my ammo.. Headed home.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »

Thanks especially to Chris and Marcus (RDDR & eMel), helping to bring this one home.  We three have adopted the team name Hangar-19 under which we have so much material to present.  The skinwork that Marcus and Chris have put together is phenomenal and we all benefit from that.  So look out for more from Hangar-19.  ;D

'MadDog'

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:52:16 PM »

Nearly 200 Mb download is some hefty campaign, now I understand the need for the revised Stationary.ini - loads more objects coming in to bring the aerodromes and battle scenes alive. I do expect this will be a real 'Tour de Force' and have huge replayability.

Congratulations on its release and look forward to touching base on Skype sometime soon Simon. Wizard and Tally-Ho!

wingflyr

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 12:39:26 AM »

Nearly 200 Mb download is some hefty campaign, now I understand the need for the revised Stationary.ini - loads more objects coming in to bring the aerodromes and battle scenes alive. I do expect this will be a real 'Tour de Force' and have huge replayability.

Congratulations on its release and look forward to touching base on Skype sometime soon Simon. Wizard and Tally-Ho!

DITTO Simon Ditto !!!!!! Excellent.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 01:57:24 AM »

Hi Dennis

I'm so happy that we will soon have your excellent vehicles and armour upgraded for 412 and part of TFM-412!  It will be great to include them in future projects and a simple matter to add them to existing missions with a small patch later on.  Meanwhile, I did my best without you.   ;D

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »

Looks epic! Thank you very much, Simon!  :)

notyourbuddy

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »

Oh man this sounds epic. Hope my computer can handle its awesomeness.

JotaC

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:28:48 PM »

Awesome  :o

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:48:45 AM »

Work of art!!!!  8)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:24 AM »

Brilliant pics.  It is particularly gratifying to see some of my objects being used.   8)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »

GREAT STUFF!
thanks a lot Simon! that campaign is just right for me now, currently reading "Decisive Duel" :)

cheers
phil
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.