Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Dogfight Server ("~SAS~Ultrapack~")  (Read 88273 times)

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
Re: SAS Dogfight Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2015, 06:57:32 AM »

Hmm, I saw that error a few times ... for me the best to do was to wait a minute, usually it was gone then .. another thing you can do is to use the "<vote yes" command to get another mission. But aside that, I have no clue what causes this error (otherwise I would have fixed it already :-X)

I checked the server a second ago; everything runs fine atm, I also loaded up a new mission for FAC meeting.

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2015, 07:10:12 AM »

...and always make sure just to enable "#UP#_Enable_UP3.0" from UP3's JSGME list, all other options will bump you back to RC1 level, but we're on RC4 already!

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

printenduevel

Re: SAS Dogfight Server for testing
« Reply #290 on: July 13, 2015, 06:48:28 AM »

Other game versions might follow later, it depends on our map makers.

Is there coming a 4.12.2 + HSFX 7.03 Server with Full Real Options or a CUP-Server?

Horrido
Printe

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #291 on: July 13, 2015, 07:28:12 AM »

CUP isn't online compatible at all, and regarding HSFX see https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44134.0.html, Reply #2

Beside that, we now have ~200 Missions on the Server (between 30 and 180 minutes long), all of them based on UP3 content and extensivly using MDS features such as RRR, Ressources and FoW. Storebror has fixed a lot of Bugs in UP3; he even introduced some 4.12 effects in his wonderful Patch Pack ;D

Speaking only of Missions here, I suppose it would take the same amount of time to simply make them HSFX compatible as it took us to make them in first line .. plus we would lose lots of cool features and achievements that way... :(

Regarding Full-Real Options: Apart from View settings we are already "full-real". Those who want to fly absolutely full real always have the possibility to switch off icons, stay in the cockpit and only use navigation map (as most of our missions are coop style this won't be some kind of disadvantage for you) .. Also, we have been playing with FoW a bit, so on some newer missions the "normal" map will not help you as much as it used to do .. and, who knows what comes next...

Best Regards,
skylla

When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #292 on: July 13, 2015, 07:49:06 AM »

I remember having asked a similar question when I joined the FAC about a year ago.
It was something along the line "tell me Gubi, why do you stick to such an outdated game version like UP3, there's a much newer patch level available and even an online pack like HSFX 7".
Gubi explained to me that the FAC was using Zuti's MDS ever since it came out and they didn't want to lose those features.
At first I couldn't believe, simply because I never played IL-2 with full featured MDS before.

I decided to open myself to the new experience and ever since I did, I'm an Ultrapack addict.

Best regards - Mike

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2015, 09:04:14 AM »

...and now...1 entire minute to load a 250lb bomb.  Yikes!

Cheers Gentlemen
I am a moron.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »

1 entire minute to load a 250lb bomb
At good times that's just enough to have a p*ss and a new ... BK stop it! ... beer.
Sometimes even the first part becomes tight, must be the age :P
No matter how you shake and dance, the last few drops go in your pants.

Best regards - Mike

printenduevel

« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »

Thx for the informations.

I hate it to install a couple of versions of one game, I prefer only one but this is absolutly impossible by IL2.
All those big mods have there advantages and disadvantages and I cannot understand why it is so difficulty for the modding community,
to bundle their power and create on mod, which can be use by onliners and offliners. A best of HSFX, DBW and UP based on 4.12.2 or better on 4.13.

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
  • Flying online as =CFC=Conky
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2015, 02:03:49 PM »

Thx for the informations.

I hate it to install a couple of versions of one game, I prefer only one but this is absolutly impossible by IL2.
All those big mods have there advantages and disadvantages and I cannot understand why it is so difficulty for the modding community,
to bundle their power and create on mod, which can be use by onliners and offliners. A best of HSFX, DBW and UP based on 4.12.2 or better on 4.13.

Hello printenduevel,

One of the reasons we have different modded versions of the game is because modders have their own vision of what they want to have in the game and sometimes cannot agree on which direction to take, which is normal when you are dealing with creative minds. Also, integrating all the various mod packs would require a tremendous amount of work to iron out all the bugs due to incompatibility between individual mods; the modders are doing this for free and may simply not have the time, resources, or inclination to take on such a gargantuan task.

I would love to have full MDS capability in HSFX as well as some of the terrific features found in 4.13 but unfortunately this does not look like it will happen any time soon. That said, I would highly recommend getting up to speed with UP3 and have a go on the dogfight server. We have a good bunch over there and are always looking for new players.

Good hunting,
Conky

Suivez les conseils de Bison Bourré, foncez!

-bb-

« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2015, 10:13:23 AM »

1 entire minute to load a 250lb bomb
At good times that's just enough to have a p*ss and a new ... BK stop it! ... beer.
Sometimes even the first part becomes tight, must be the age :P
No matter how you shake and dance, the last few drops go in your pants.

Best regards - Mike
    I have two words for you     saw palmetto

Oh. and the new patch is a very functional player aid and realistic representing training.  Thank You!
DOWN like a CLOWN

LuseKofte

« Reply #298 on: September 25, 2015, 02:04:09 AM »

Can I use UP RC IV on top of a 4.12 install? I probably asked this before, but I cannot find any answers for it.
I use gog.com version and they come out as 4.12 and a patch to 4.13. My old UP 3 install did corrupt itself just being in my pc not used or changed.
I have tried to get it running, but for no good.
I also got a Steam IL2, they got no info what patch they are on, anyone know?

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #299 on: September 25, 2015, 06:53:35 AM »

LeOne,

The short answer is "yes". UP3RC4 can be installed on top of a clean 4.12 version of IL-2.  Here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,43147.0.html

Cheers and enjoy.
I am a moron.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 27 queries.