Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creation of mods (Gun shell mods)  (Read 1576 times)

bandongogogo

Creation of mods (Gun shell mods)
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:22:33 PM »

Hello fellow aviatiors, i would like to get some info on how to create/modify a gunshell mode, i mean, where must i go if i want to add gunshells to some aircraft missing them (like the bf 109 nose cannon i guess) or to some aircraft that have 4 cannons under the wings (with 4 shell holes under them) but only 2 holes are ejecting shells (1 in each side when it should be 2 in each side to make the 4 cannons...)
Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
Re: Creation of mods (Gun shell mods)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »

Id rather see smoke than a bazillion shells poor out, but thats just me!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

bandongogogo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »

Id rather see smoke than a bazillion shells poor out, but thats just me!
I already found a mod that reduces the shell amount to -almost- exactly what is being shot. No more "bazillion" shells on the F4F2 (ie as it works with every plane in the game!)
gurner +  that mods gives you a beautiful soft smoke when shooting, a nice gun muzzle and nice shells, but i just want to complete the mod by fixing some (almost un-noticeable) "bugs" as not bugs themselves, just some aircraft (like 4 or 5 i guess -> but it takes my sleep away) that lack shells on some "holes". =)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 03:03:50 AM »

You need someone who can do the java class work for the shell ejection routine plus you need to add a hook into the body mesh of the aircraft. In DBW install I replaced the shells with smoke, its a much more dramatic effect, of course the best would be to have both.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 04:05:52 AM »

i want to add gunshells to some aircraft missing them (like the bf 109 nose cannon i guess)

... I have never heard of, or read anything about case ejection holes regarding Bf109s (any version) for the Motorkanone, not even for the 2 engine cowling mounted MGs ...  :o

I have just checked Hi-Res pics of real Bf109s (different variants) and couldn't see anything that looks like case ejection holes ...  ???

Does anybody have any detail about supposed case ejection holes for the Motorkanone and/or the 2 engine cowling mounted MGs ...?

bandongogogo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »

About the Nose cannon and so i kinda knew they were not such holes, but about other aircraft like some spitfires that have the shell ejection holes not working properly, i would like to fix that..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 24 queries.