Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kamikaze Ohka mission LOADS OF ADDED GROUND OBJECTS ~ SOLVED + Mission DL  (Read 2604 times)

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder

Hi,

I wish someone can help me with an OHKA mission that I made in the Okinawa map. I added LOADS of new groundobjects, however I found it impossible for the OHKAs to detach and attack USS Essex...any help?

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
Re: Kamikaze Ohka mission LOADS OF ADDED GROUND OBJECTS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »

Thx gerax, I finally made it work...I should thx the flu too that I got, since it kept me today at home!

my experience....when you make an ohka mission ALWAYS SET TARGET OF WHAT YOU WANT TO ATTACK TO FOR BOTH THE OKHA AND THE BETTY. I-16 pilots they don'y intend to kill themselves, so it's not exactly the same. And if you don't set target for the bettys, okhas won't detach.

the instructions helped, to make sure what I was doing right and wrong...thxs guys

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »

sometime in the weekend

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:39:45 AM »

delayed....

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »

ready, please sent me an e-mail through PM so it can be posted somewhere.

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder

Thanks Gerax!

I tried to make as realistic as possible, trying not to make it too "heavy" by adding too many planes...this means that is VERY DIFFUCULT to sink that carrier, as was in reality (never heard of an Ohka sinking a carrier...), but STILL having a slim chance to do so...as a chance to go back in the home base.

As about the ground objects, I added them in a way so they can be used in a variety of missions, so if you decide to do for e.g. a Ki-84 mission, all the ground objects to make it credible enough are already there, and if you want to do an allied attack mission, these ground objects make good targets. Many times in many missions I was dissapointed by the "dead" ground, and okinawa (together with kursk) are the worst cases of this...we watch footage and we read books about the "live" terrain, with thousends of ground troops and civilians, with pilots watching explosions in the ground and all that, and I always thought how unrealistic it was.

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder

Please, give me your feedback,if someone has a bug or anything like, or suggestions for improvement. It's not just a mission, but a base structure for countless mission in that map, so I need feedback.Ah, I forgot, feel free to modify and make your own missions. That's why this mission is available for download!

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder

guys, the mission is not only for Gerax. In fact, it's hardly just a mission. Please, give me your feedback, because possibly I made something wrong and I don't have any spare time to look history books or do any research of which kukotai or sentai were used in what field and when or which USN units operated from Okinawa and USS Essex (or any other carrier).

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder

Tried to load it and had the famous "String out of Index1" error because I have Redkos Okinawa map as default Okinawa map now ,

I have 3 Okinawa maps, the one is the default, the other is the "LAL_Okinawa" (downloaded from AAA), but I noticed that the default Okinawa map in HSFX is different. Who's the Redkos map you're talking to?

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder

great, I was not aware of this map. Thanks Gerax. Then, some object and some static planes need repositioning...it's completely new, completely different...it gives a completely different feel, more realistic I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 26 queries.