Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worth a look  (Read 1552 times)

LuseKofte

Worth a look
« on: January 31, 2014, 09:41:13 AM »

Quote from: zionid;90435
The fantastic British drama, based on the book by the same name "A piece of Cake" is now on Youtube in its entirety.

This is the series that got me hooked on ww2 when I was a child. The writing and acting is superb and it has some
wonderful scenes with spits and its many adversaries, although quite a few clips becomes repetative.

A bit annoying for the Bus Drivers amongst us, as we all know there were no spits in France and the book has Hornet flying Spits instead of Hurries.

Haven't read the book, but it is supposed to be even better, as I am sure many of you can attest to.

Still a great, great show for any aviation fan! Gets better with every episode.

Haven't worked out the embed stuff, but here the link. Enjoy and have a nice weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyhvsD5ceI&list=PLOu1rrR1A5-rH77VFSR3fXmNf52bL8747

David Prosser

Re: Worth a look
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »

Thanks, I've downloaded them already with a free down loader.

cheers

David

Moggy Cattermole

• Lt Clack, Lt Boyce, Cpl Pike, PC Palmer
  • Modder
  • 1RIFLES - 1QDG - 4SCOTS - MPS 2185SO
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:17:14 PM »

Apparently the spits being used in place of hurris was because there weren't enough airworthy hurricanes.

LuseKofte

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:13:15 AM »

yes but the effort still lack , with cannons and 4 bladed props, those could have been taken .
But if you ignore that this series are good

Moggy Cattermole

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:41:07 AM »

I believe that was due to an abject lack of mk Is. If you had a genuine second world war spitfire, you you be happy if someone tore off its cannon barrels or replace the prop? I'd be rather worried about that if they were mine. It's a bit like the Bovington Tank museum having fully restored its tiger tank being asked if they would hire it out for movies. 'No!' came the reply - they would want to have it driving through walls and over rubble and the like, which would be unhealthy for it.

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 06:33:01 AM »

I believe that was due to an abject lack of mk Is. If you had a genuine second world war spitfire, you you be happy if someone tore off its cannon barrels or replace the prop? I'd be rather worried about that if they were mine. It's a bit like the Bovington Tank museum having fully restored its tiger tank being asked if they would hire it out for movies. 'No!' came the reply - they would want to have it driving through walls and over rubble and the like, which would be unhealthy for it.

Considering the Tiger's issue with it's transmission/ drive sprockets... driving in general was unhealthy for them back in the day ;)

Moggy Cattermole

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 08:28:17 AM »

This is true too. Re the series, Cake was done before the days of cgi and on a limited budget, it seems a little harsh to begrudge them that the spitfires were from the wrong part of the war!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.