Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HUD mods and possible conflicts?  (Read 906 times)

stugumby

HUD mods and possible conflicts?
« on: January 22, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »

If im tracking this correctly there is a hud config mod that came with modact 5.3  then there is the visual mod 8 and then the engine mod, which requires the hud mod, but vismod mentions removing any older gui/mini map mods as well. My problem is i cant pull up TAS anywhere except in the on screen gage itself and it wont change units of measurement from km to knots mph etc. The lower left screen numbers do change when cycling thru bur never show TAS just IAS in km with mph knots etc next. When in bombsight mode i get a manual aim angle but not a TAS readout.

So i guess my basic question is there a one stop TAS mod or do some of these now work against each other??
also for Val and kate do you use km or knots/mph?? Since these are similar to pe2 sight im using kph.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: HUD mods and possible conflicts?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:37:42 PM »

from reading another post of yours, it seems you've already figured out the problem, mate?
if so, just a brief explanation of the fix might help some other poor soul with a similar problem.... ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

stugumby

Re: HUD mods and possible conflicts?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

In my case in the read me for the engine mod it says you must have the HUD mod, however if you put in the newest version of the visual mod 8 it will cause a memory error when you pull up the visual mod by using. The game menu key. In my case I removed the hudmod and no more memory errors. I just removed it and placed the newest visual mod 8 into my sas folder. All is well now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 24 queries.