Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modding an early 109 canopy - need help - SOLVED (kind of)  (Read 1596 times)

alexandre4442

• Modder
modding an early 109 canopy - need help - SOLVED (kind of)
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »

Hi all,

I can't post on the main Tech Help board so I'm trying here...

I started a topic about an issue I have with the early Bf 109s canopy in DBW 1.71 (here : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38778.0.html

I think that the 109s B, C and D share the same canopy with the E1 and E3 and that for some reason it doesn't fit well in the first of them. So I started to mod the canopy of the Bf109_BCD_Pack_SAS_V1.1 in order that it can receive the new side windows. The result is not that bad BUT the glass panels aren't "shining" in the same way, or are not equally transparent.

Does anyone have a clue on what went wrong ?

Many thanks

EDIT : I cancelled that as I've found another way to obtain a fitting canopy (see the link above)
This is not a Signature

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Re: modding an early 109 canopy - need help
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 02:49:24 AM »

Just my personal opinion, but it could be on purpose to detect the two parts. Actually, the two perspex slided on two different slots, the rear one being slightly back, so getting also a bit less light.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

alexandre4442

• Modder
Re: modding an early 109 canopy - need help
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 03:44:29 AM »

Hi and thanks for your reply,

well I don't know because with the canopy found in DBW 1.71 both panels reflect light the same way. See :

It's not quite the same angle on the pics but I've check this ingame moving the view and it's obvious. Still stuck with this one...

Thanks again, regards
This is not a Signature

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
Re: modding an early 109 canopy - need help - SOLVED (kind of)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:05:19 AM »

As a very interested party,I'm wondering if it would be possible to be able to use it a a compatible
canopy on not only the earlier but later model F2's and F4's as well as G2's?.
There were a number of pilots that considered the earlier design much better as it gave the pilot a much greater
field of vision and had the earlier perspex retro fitted to their aircraft.

alexandre4442

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:14:51 AM »

Hi,

I'm afraid you posted on kind of a "dead thread". You would have better chance posting a new one in the REQUEST section. Whatever, if I understand you, you would like to be able to use the early canopy of a E-1 into an F for example? If so, I would say yes in theory but hard to do. I'm not home at present, but I can take a look in a couple of days (bear in mind I'm a modding raw beginner). Again, I think you should start a new topic in order to maximise the chance to be read.

Regards

PS: never heard about that by the way, some pictures could be of some help
This is not a Signature

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 11:23:51 PM »

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I have photos of several pilots and their aircraft. The first one that comes to mind is Carganico
who flew with JG5.
Those guys were last on any wish list when it came to getting planes and parts. ;)
 I'll try to get a couple of shots up here over the next day or so.
All the Best Christopher
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 26 queries.