Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a friction mod for DBW, to make tail draggers usable?  (Read 1138 times)

Sleepingdragon

Is there a friction mod for DBW, to make tail draggers usable?
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »

Ok, this is mr. Odd problem again, I've been spending most of my time updating an old cmpn to DBW171, and have been flying nose gear planes mostly (specifically F-80A) for several mos, no problem taking off.

HOWEVER, tail draggers (on matt runway 3 specifically) are just unusable, can't take off, is like the tail wheel has no friction, and the rudder pedal input is delayed and sometimes doesn't even work on take off. IHave to put three of the things side by side and stagger all over the place to take off, sometimes.

THis is not a problem in stock 412. They take off ok, although the torque effect is still totally misinterpreted and unrealistic at low speeds in my humble opinion and asking a 51 adn F4U pilot about it.

Lest you think I'm just not any good at this, I've been flying IL2 since the first day it came off the shelves about a century ago.

AND, even ACE AI planes can't take off w/o wiping out, ground looping etc. WTF? Torque is outrageously exagerated obviously. This happens when there is just one width of matt runway 3.

I've seen mention of a friction mod, but I can find no mention of such in this forum. I also can't find anyone else mentioning htis problem. Im just wondering how I can get tail wheel planes to take off in DBW 1.71 again, including the AI.

Or have aliens infested my computer again?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.