Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions from a newcomer, all help appreciated.  (Read 983 times)

crepitis

A couple of questions from a newcomer, all help appreciated.
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:32:30 AM »

Ive just returned to the IL-2 world after a long break, and I have installed IL-2 1946 along with the DBW Superpack, and the New TFM.

I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate help with,  firstly,  the DBW folder is sitting in the main IL-2 folder, should it be inside the jsgmemods folder within the IL-2 folder ?

Secondly, I cant seem to get the screen to run at the resolution I want ( my momitor is running at 1600x900) I have changed the settings in the conf file, but it seems to reset every time I run IL2 from the DBW selector, is there a way around this ?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but any help is greatly welcome  :)

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
Re: A couple of questions from a newcomer, all help appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:57:01 AM »

Hi Crepitis,

Yes you should have the DBW folder in your root IL2 not in Jsgmemods

Regarding the resolution not applying, try changing your conf.ini to 'read only' after you have set the resolution you want (set read only by right clicking on file in desktop, properties, general, attributes). Then the game can't change it back.

Regards,

M

crepitis

Re: A couple of questions from a newcomer, all help appreciated.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:06:20 AM »

Thanks for your help Marcost, I will try making it read only as you suggest, and hopefully that should sort it. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 28 queries.