Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM Campaigns-SAS~Monty27  (Read 94455 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: New-TFM Campaigns-SAS~Monty27
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2014, 04:28:10 PM »

I don't get the map to load, that seems to be the problem. I have the initial screen with the map showing, and I assume this map is part of New-TFM. The arming screen doesn't load and when I click fly, the objects load but there is no map loading message and when it finishes I am just left with a screen of blue sky. So the problem is in the map loading I think.

Well no, the Bay of Biscay map ships with DBW.  Can you load the map in FMB?

'MadDog'

« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:54 PM »

Yes, just checked that, the Bay of Biscay map is there and I can load it in FMB. The mission files also point to that map but it doesn't load properly and the planes don't either.As I say, the directory looks correct and I installed it exactly like the others eg DAF. Something is different though as it doesn't play as is.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »

Yes, just checked that, the Bay of Biscay map is there and I can load it in FMB. The mission files also point to that map but it doesn't load properly and the planes don't either.As I say, the directory looks correct and I installed it exactly like the others eg DAF. Something is different though as it doesn't play as is.

We will fix it mate, whether the issue is generic or specific to you.  Get your arse out of that damn 109 and back into a Spitfire where every Englishman belongs!  Bravo is bug hunting as we speak...

'MadDog'

« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »

Is the map named correctly? In other campaigns the name of the map in the mis file is the same as the name in the list of maps in the FMB. Not so with the Bay of Biscay and this campaign, which had the name of agcz_Biscay in the mis file. Is this significant?

I played around with this myself and renamed the map in the mis file and it didn't even appear in the briefing screen so I put it back to agcz_Biscay. So the map is there but the planes don't load and the arming screen is not there.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »

Is the map named correctly? In other campaigns the name of the map in the mis file is the same as the name in the list of maps in the FMB. Not so with the Bay of Biscay and this campaign, which had the name of agcz_Biscay in the mis file. Is this significant?

It sounds plausible yes.  Try renaming that line at the top of the *.mis file if you like, maybe we have a map naming issue here.  Or else we should check your Mapmods INI.  We clearly have a variation here so its up to Bravo to abitrate and we can get you, or it, fixed.

Spitfire Scramble! - is all about those dramatic Line-Abreast Takeoffs.  The landings are pretty crazy too!  In the much larger 65 mission Group-11 campaign you get to do this with Hurris as well and from airfields like Biggin Hill and improvised strips like the London Glider Club. 

This is RAF Warmwell, on a drizzly morning in June 1940.  The sound, being surrounded by all those roaring Merlins, is bloody marvelous!

Drewm3i

« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »

Never say never!  But I think that only SAS1946 could do it. 
I know it's only speculation right now, but do you think the next DBW will be for online players too? That would eliminate many peoples need for Modact (even though it is great) and individual mods!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2014, 05:04:29 PM »

Never say never!  But I think that only SAS1946 could do it. 
I know it's only speculation right now, but do you think the next DBW will be for online players too? That would eliminate many peoples need for Modact (even though it is great) and individual mods!

I think Online and Offline are different worlds and will probably stay that way, but that's for another topic...

flugkapitan

« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2014, 08:34:44 PM »

Pioneer Korps oddity

Hi Monty,

I finally got around to trying out the Pioneer Korps campaign. I signed up with rank of Hauptmann, and generated the campaign. It told me I was assigned to FliegerKorps X and a member of KG40 (which of course is historically correct). The briefing stated that I was to air start in a FW200 head back to base after a long patrol and attack any enemy shipping encountered. I went to the load out screen and sure enough there was 1x FW200 available to change the load out (I did not change anything). In the box below that were 4x Ju52's highlighted in red, that I could not change anything about. I went back and started the campaign and I was air started as #2 in a Ju52 of a flight of four. Ummm...seems something is not quite right here. Granted the flight of Ju52's were on the map and had a flight path. I'm using DBW 1.71 and TNFM.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Scott

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »

Pioneer Korps oddity

Hi Monty,

I finally got around to trying out the Pioneer Korps campaign. I signed up with rank of Hauptmann, and generated the campaign. It told me I was assigned to FliegerKorps X and a member of KG40 (which of course is historically correct). The briefing stated that I was to air start in a FW200 head back to base after a long patrol and attack any enemy shipping encountered. I went to the load out screen and sure enough there was 1x FW200 available to change the load out (I did not change anything). In the box below that were 4x Ju52's highlighted in red, that I could not change anything about. I went back and started the campaign and I was air started as #2 in a Ju52 of a flight of four. Ummm...seems something is not quite right here. Granted the flight of Ju52's were on the map and had a flight path. I'm using DBW 1.71 and TNFM.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Scott
Aaargh-Plane Selection bugs now squashed!  These things happen when mods are updated but the missions aren't.  Here's a patch...

https://www.mediafire.com/?2ws5b997ss9gcwm

...which means that polo199 was also on to something that I missed first time around (hope he can forgive me).

Aah well, we got there eventually, sorry for the inconvenience.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2014, 04:26:32 AM »

Hello Simon!

great to have you back again!!!
just checked the new Spit campaign and on my install, it loads just fine :)
I just noticed that on the first mission, in the background of my assigned Spit, there seems to be a ground crew working on something, there is even a guy sitting seemingly in the air, I presume he should sit on a tractor or something like this; to me it seems I am missing some objects..could that be?

cheers
phil

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2014, 05:57:48 AM »

Like this Griff:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2014, 08:58:50 AM »

yep Bravo, exactly like that :)
seems the experiments the RAF conducted with anti-gravity and stealth technology did produce great results for Fighter Command :D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 27 queries.