Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG Mediterranean HSFX  (Read 15142 times)

Cycle

• Modder
Re: DCG Mediterranean HSFX
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

Another problem are some modded ships themselves! Normally all unmodded ships drive in a .prd route with 58 km/h (real speed)!
Meanwhile have many modded ships diffrent speeds +/- 3 km/h in a .prd route, especially some destroyer,cruisers and battleships drive different speeds, although 58 km/h Waypoint speed are displayed in the FMB!
If you have now too many ships with different speeds in such routes, the collision probability is very high!
My Korea campaign has sometimes still this problem, although I have taken out many ships from the .prd route!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Stromboli

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »

Hi All,
First of all I'm enjoy this campaign it's very well done. But I'm noticing I'm not seeing any tanks or armored cars. The airfields are populated with trucks and AA pieces and I've seen infantry in towns but nothing else. Is this normal with this campaign or is this an issue with DCG 3.48? Anyway help would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stromboli

DEERxBanshee

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2013, 02:39:27 PM »

Hmmm I will have to check. I do recall seeing trucks and what not but tanks i am not too sure on...interesting.

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »

the base mis file includes the following armor options:

Code: [Select]
  17_Chief Armor.4-VickersMKVI 1
  18_Chief Armor.2-VickersMKVI 1
  32_Chief Armor.4-MatildaMkII_UK 1
  33_Chief Armor.2-MatildaMkII_UK 1
  34_Chief Armor.4-Crusader 1
  35_Chief Armor.15-PzIIIG 2
  36_Chief Armor.2-PzVIB 2
  37_Chief Armor.4-PzIIF 2

Thus, you should see these possibilities for armor per mission.  To verify/check, open your Missions/Campaigns/DE or GB (career country) folder and look for a folder titled "DGen_xxx_Mediterranean00"

Inside this folder, look for .mis file types and open in notepad or notepad++ and look for the above entries in the Chief section.  There you will see all moving columns include land and sea, and likely items for "armor"

You can also open these mis files in FMB to see the actual routes of the columns (for testing purposes only   :)  )

~S~
wind

Stromboli

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »

Hi WindWpn,
Yes your right, I checked the mis. file and the ship and armor columns were there. I also started a Prokhorovka Campaign to test it out and same thing. The stationary objects were there but no armor or truck columns anywhere. So it's not the Mediterranean Campaign it's a HSFX & DCG issue. I also run a DBW & DCG with no problems. Do you have any idea what could cause this problem?

Stromboli

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

I think the main problem are this section:
Code: [Select]
  40_Chief Infantry.4-GBInfantry 1
  41_Chief Infantry.3-GBInfantry 1
  42_Chief Infantry.2-GBInfantry 1
  43_Chief Infantry.1-GBInfantry 1
  44_Chief Infantry.4-AxisInfantry 2
  45_Chief Infantry.3-AxisInfantry 2
  46_Chief Infantry.2-AxisInfantry 2
  47_Chief Infantry.1-AxisInfantry 2

Not really sure if DCG can handle Infantry chiefs! I had also spawn problems with armor groups wich counts more than 4 tanks (35_Chief Armor.15-PzIIIG 2) and some modded GB tanks in my Overlord campaign!
For testing replace all vehicle/tank groups with IL-2 standard chiefs, than see how it works!
Take a look in the gobjects.dcg of the unmodded DCG/Data folder! There you can see, which vehicles/tanks should work for DCG!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Stromboli

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »

Hi Lonestar,
Ok not quite following you but it sounds like Chief Infantry GB & Axis are not letting Armor and vehicle columns spawn is that it. I found the gobjects file but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to replace. Could you give me a little more detailed description on what lines I need to replace and where I would find them.

Thanks,
Stromboli

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 04:33:19 AM »

If you are using modded/new objects in a DCG campaign then you need to tell DCG about them.

The three files you need to edit are armor.dcg, gobjects.dcg and gunits.dcg.

armor.dcg is meant for tanks only (originally DCG had a simple system - tanks capture locations and truck columns repair destroyed objects) but I notice in Slink's files he also added the infantry and armoured cars to allow them to capture territory. Find an entry similar to what you want to add and copy that one. The 05/08 values show you how this unit affects troop count at a location: +friendly/-enemy. It might be the other way around of course. :p

gobjects.dcg lists all the ground objects that DCG should 'care' about so it includes armor, vehicles, ships, artillery, trains, infantry and stationary objects. The numbers afterwards aren't very important. The first number is the side of the object and the rest can be 0. The text entry at the end tells DCG to use a different object if it can't find the new one.

gunits.dcg lists all the moving ground objects (armor, ships, trains, vehicles) that DCG will create routes for. So all your moving chiefs need to go in here.

Stock DCG usually works with tanks in columns of 3 or 4. If you want to use tank columns with large numbers then you will have to add them to all three files above.

If your 3rd party campaign does not include the three files above then DCG will fall back to the files in the \Data folder and any modded objects will probably not work correctly unless you've modded DCG's stock files.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »

Oh interesting, Moezilla! Then I've learned something, if that should work!
I have only edit the gobjects.dcg and gunits.dcg In the Overlord campaign with the new tanks!
But I have completely ignored the armor.dcg! :)

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »

Hi LS!

I haven't tested this myself, I am following what Slink did in his files as he spent a lot of time getting modded objects to work in DCG.

Let's see how it works and we can all learn something new today! :P

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 03:39:49 AM »

Noticed some strange aircraft in this theater, I assume they are substitutions for other aircraft?
Example: Buffalo's and Battles.
Im guessing the buffalo is a hack for the Martlet? What of the Battle?
And thanks so much for this! Sorely needed Med DCG action!

DEERxBanshee

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

Hmmm well it would make more sense to just have the wildcat in there instead of the buffalo if its a substitute. Unless that would change the squadron to US?? The battle also did see some action in east Africa as well as during the axis invasion of Greece. Not that that action was great but it was in the med. theater.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.