Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UDP Speed for F-86 jet - DL ready  (Read 4667 times)

DocPL

UDP Speed for F-86 jet - DL ready
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:17 AM »

I spent some time lately and modified UDPspeed gauges to look more jetish.
I used DickDastardly gauges as start, then some pictures form F-86 cockpit and some images from Helios.

Edit 21.04.2013
F-86 set is ready for DL.
Download link : https://www.mediafire.com/?2evgb6f22mpb6c9

This gauges consume some PC power so the best way to use them is on second networked PC, and this was my intention.
Instruments are based on F-86, however they are not all the same as in real plane.
Please feel free to modify all instruments, add new ones and post new versions. It is possible to make version for two or more engines. Some instructions are in Readme and Devicelink.txt
To activate not visible gauges right press on speedometer than choose "Additional -> Pribors and select from the list. Gauges can be drag around screen with mause.
If gauge is not visible just edit corresponding ini file pos x and pos y (in pixels), I worked with resolution of 1920x1080 and positioned instruments in right corner of my monitor. Initial Speedometer coordinates are PosX=168 and PosY=260

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: UDP Speed for DBW Jets WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:14:36 AM »

I spent some time lately and modified UDPspeed gauges to look more jetish.
I used DickDastardly gauges as start, then some pictures form F-86 cockpit and some images from Helios.
After mixing altogether I got something like this:
I am working now on ini files to make all gauges work.

Looking forward to it.  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

bolox

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 08:06:10 AM »

Nice work.
I am working now on ini files to make all gauges work.
Good luck with that- it's 'fun' :P If you get stuck feel free to pm me.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »

Wow that really nice Doc.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

DocPL

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »

I am still working on it. Here is a picture of working UDP

To do: Throttle info (slide), AOA (slide) Trims (slide), G force indicator (gauge), Info panel needs mask (done just have to make ini entry)

David Prosser

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »

Thanks, DocPL. They look good.

cheers

David Prosser

DocPL

Re: UDP Speed for F-86 jet - DL ready
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »

F-86 gauges set is ready for DL  :)
See first post for download link.

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »

Just a small question - what are they for and how are they supposed to work actually, bc I have completely no idea what is this all about. External gauges in il-2?

DocPL

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 11:49:09 AM »

@mati140
Soft - UDPspeed connects to IL2 game and retreives data from it. Eg speed, altitude, heading, engine temperature, rpm and other. Author of this program created set of instruments which can display these data. I just modified graphical images of gauges so they look like F-86. If you have single PC with eg two screens, on main monitor you can play game and on second you can display gauges to have some kind of virtual cockpit. Better solution is to have two computers eg main PC with game and second networked PC or laptop on which you can display these gauges. It is useful for simpit builders. There is my simpit: on main three monitors (Game PC) there is what can be seen in IL2 DBW (F-4) on central screen there is UDP speed running with some early set of F-86 gauges (lower row screens are connected to second PC), they are touch screens and I also use them with Helios software in FSX, DCS, FC2, and Falcon BMS series:

More pictures are in this thread : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30083.msg364682.html#msg364682
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 24 queries.