Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asian 4 the Asians  (Read 3000 times)

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
Asian 4 the Asians
« on: February 10, 2013, 04:31:03 AM »

Saluté to all.

A few days ago,I´ve seen that Greybeard has made an update and some fixes for the Asian 4 the Asians Dgen campaign.(for HSFX6 & Asuras DGen mod)

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=16154

My problem is,like in the previous version,the 2.subcampaign in the IA wont work. I get this well known "beep sound".

Can someone help me out?  :-\

-Campaign is enabled via JSGME over a clean DGen folder

-I use Asuras DGen exe v.1.0.1.0 (the current stable version)

Greetings.

:)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Re: Asian 4 the Asians
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »

the 2.subcampaign in the IA wont work. I get this well known "beep sound".

Please, what is "IA"? Also, would be helpful getting last line of DGen_MOD error file. Could be helpful also posting this message at Asura's dedicated thread about DGen_MOD development for a specific help. So far, though, I advise against use of DGen_MOD since not fully developed and causing at least repetitive missions during last part of campaign. You could try with stock DGen, picking stock planes.

Regards,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Semor

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 06:41:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply Greybeard.

With "IA" I mean the JA (Japan) folder in the Il-2 main directory,sorry my mistake.

You posted some fixes for this Campaign at M4T:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=16154

In your post you put two links,one for the Stock DGen and one for the HSFX & Asuras modded DGen.Right?

Now you say it´s not the best atm to use Asuras DGen because its not fully developed.?

Just courios,because I have some problems to get the mod version of the campaign working.Did I miss something?

Regards

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 05:15:00 AM »

Sorry Semor, you must be much more detailed if you want to be helped, otherwise yours becomes only a pointless gripe.

"the 2.subcampaign in the JA wont work" remains for me still a meaningless statement; which subcampaigns?

When you say "the mod version of the campaign" what do you mean? We're speaking just of version for mod - do you mean working with Asura's DGen_MOD?

I removed from mod version compatibility with Asura's DGen_MOD, in short, for two reasons: first, because it was not compatible with dates in 1940, where starts first campaign segment in China (Burma map); so, if you do that you'll hear the dreaded "beep". Second, because during "Leyte invasion" you get with it always same mission to play. In addition, some guy, attempting to fly Ki-44 with stock DGen (notwithstanding the caveat in Readme), also got stuck. To avoid all this mess, so far I thought better simplify. Hope in a future, with latest DGen_MOD in the Asura's works, to build a dedicated campaign with both historical, non-stock planes and maps, but for now just an idea.

Regards,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Semor

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:46:59 AM »

Sorry for confusion greybeard,my english is not the best..sometimes

I found your today posting at M4T, but I cannot make a post at the forums..(don´t know why,I´m a member since 2009..)

If it´s ok for you I copy your post in this thread.

Sorry herbertx, I removed compatibility with Asura's DGen_MOD; you aren't doing anything wrong. Non-stock planes, like Ki-44, are no more available for player's campaign (but you still will see them in AI flights).

Unfortunately, the ambiguity of stock-DGen/DGen_MOD in previous versions, with prohibition to use non-stock flyables in stock Dgen campaigns, caused misunderstandings, with someone getting "beeps" and empty screens having messed his career choices. In addition, penultimate subcampaign gave always same mission to play with Asura's DGen_MOD, so I decided to wait a better version of his work. I'm now starting to test his version 2; will be glad to add Ki-44 and others in a dedicated, DGen_MOD-only, campaign in next future.

Regards,
GB

Now the things are more clear to me. Hope you get "Asia for the Asians" to work with Asuras new DGen version. ;)

Keep on your good work.

Regards.Semor

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »

Hope you get "Asia for the Asians" to work with Asuras new DGen version. ;)

Keep on your good work.

Me too. Thanks for your appreciation.

GB
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 28 queries.