Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do F-86,Mig,F9F cckpits gag FR, but not in HSFX? Old problem it seems.  (Read 2081 times)

Sleepingdragon

I hope I have this in the correct forum.
First, GREAT stuff in the DBW packs ! finally had time to activate DBW, and love the packs. looking forward to installing the full monty. ALTHOUGH...............

I asked about this some time ago regarding UP post war jets (all except the F-84,F-80) cockpits instrument panel gagging frame rate so bad that they are unflyable for me in DBW, just as in UP, but are very smooth and work fine in HFSX.  The main problem there is the selection of jets is not as large as it is in DBW, and there are some that I'd like to do some FMB work with in DBW that aren't in HFSX. :-X

Now I find the same to be just as true in DBW (having just installed it with the clean install packs) per all of the F-86s, the F9F, and the Mig 15 and all Mig 17s. HOWEVER, in HFSX, these same planes, or variants there-of, run very smoothly (though the F9F stutters a bit, but I can fly it ok). Something to do with textures I presume, but why would they be so different in the three mods packages? My computer was custom built, pushing 3 yrs ago, mainly for this sim (and photo editing), and I can run almost everything else in the mods (that I've tried) in large numbers of planes, objects, ships etc, pretty smoothly. (except for the HMS Warspite, which completely gags it as well).

Here be what I've encountered:
In DBW, the F-86D (and E and F variants) are great machines,

well done, and I can move my head around in Track IR fine, until I get the edge of the instrument panel in view, then it gags and becomes an unusuable slide show.

BUT, as long as I just have the sight and frame in view, no problem. These examples apply to all the F-86 variants in DBW.

Now in HFSX, both the F-86Fs have instrument panels just as complex, but they run totally smooth, no problem.

The F9F is the same. In DBW, it's unusable for me, totally gagging the FR even worse than the others. However, in HFSX, despite still stuttering a bit, it's much smoother and doesn't affect my ability to fly the AC. I also still have the same effect of a smooth FR if I just don't get so much as an edge of the instrument panel in view. Kinda hard to fly that way.
This is a shot of the HSFX F9F instrument panel, which is far smoother than in DBW.

Same is true of the Mig-15 and 17. Unusable slide show in DBW, but totally smooth in HFSX, all variants. This is the cockpit of the most advanced Mig-17 version in DBW; as long as the instrument panel is not in view, it's smooth as glass.

HOWEVER, once the edge of the instrument panel appears in view, it gags to a near stop.

The same is also true of the earlier versions, all models of Mig 15 and 17 in DBW.

BUT in HFSX, the single early Mig-17 instrument panel version runs smoothly, and it appears to be identical to the one in the early versions of the 17 in DBW. Why the difference?
This is the HSFX instrument panel running very smoothly. (The mirror needs adjusting though  :) )

I only have the clean install packs installed in DBW, as I thought it best to familiarize myself with the subject matter and make sure it all works ok before I went on to the "full monty". Is there any chance that this has been addressed in the full monty update? These instrument panels in the planes in question date from early 2011 it seems, at which time my computer would be more than competitive, as it still is. The jetwar mod is what I'm most interested in for future FMB projects, and I'd like to use it as there aren't as many versions of these planes in HSFX. Not complaining, as this is all great work, but I'm wondering if there is any solution that I'm overlooking, or if it's been addressed and I can just obtain a fix for it. It's obviously a texture problem.  >:(

From what I've seen on here and MT4, I don't think that everybody's computers are that much more advanced than mine, but I can find nothing about it. Seems Kinda odd considering how old these cockpits are. Is that why I don't see that many misn or cmpn projects in some of these planes? Are there updated versions of these cockpits for the DBW variants (like the Fury etc) that are posted that will work in HFSX, or am I stuck with this situation? There aren't as many types in HFSX, so I won't be able to import too many of those cockpits and still be accurate methinks, though I'll try about anything (as long as it's not gayish).  :-*

Thanx for all your work U guys do; I'd just like to make the best use of it. I love the Fury especially, and have a semi historical project in mind for it. THANX for reading this if anyone has time.  :P

Sleepingdragon

Re: Why do F-86,Mig,F9F cckpits gag FR, but not in HSFX? Old problem it seems.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »

I was going to ask this in the cockpits forum, but there seems to be no "new topic" button, at least for me, so I'll add it here;

:-X
Well, how' bout this;  I want to transfer a few of the HFSX cockpits to DBW, since they are located in the samples folder in 3do. VP media sent me the DBW cockpits for a couple of these jets to try and fix the same gagging FR problem in the same planes in UP3. However, those are also high texture it seems, and it had no effect if at all.

NOW, I was going to try the same thing by transferring some HSFX cockpits to the same jets in DBW. BUT, there are NO such entries in the samples folder, or anywhere for that matter. If it's using the UP cockpits for those jets, then why aren't they gagging like they are in UP3?

HOW can I get the F-86A/F cockpits in HFSX into DBW? I can put one in the Fury and fly it as well, since it's just an F-86F with a hook and 20mm (and maybe a tad more thrust).

Or is this just the sim version of Polterguiests?  :o

I am determined to discover a fix, as it exists in HFSX, but I have to find out what it is first.  ::)

Am I the ONLY guy having this problem currently? I was told by several that thits was an old problem, but it appears to have been solved somehow in HFSX.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 25 queries.