Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, please  (Read 1993 times)

btasm

Help, please
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »

Inadvertantly, without realizing that DBW was minimized, using the JSGME.exe, I switched to UP 3.0. I then attempted to start Il-2. While I can now start UP3.0, I cannot start DBW - even though I've removed UP from the activated applications with JSGME.exe and corrected, then saved the settings at startup. Nothing works. I can't get DBW to run.

Any help would be great.

misantropia

Re: Help, please
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »

I think I have the same problem, but I activated UP in the first place, though, DBW never worked

barnesy12

• Enthusiast!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »

go to your DBW install pack the one you downloaded select files.sfs sfs from that install copy and paste it to your 1946 root folder select DBW in selector and should work have the same issue when i use up  cant select DBW after dont know why? something the jsgme is not removing when disabled? anyhoo restoring the files.sfs file works for me after disable up with jsgme
cheers barnesy

misantropia

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

can you please post the file, I have a slow Internet connection...

please... ::)

barnesy12

• Enthusiast!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:22:49 PM »

if you have the DBW pack you already have the file just look into the oh never mind here is the file just disable up3 in jsgme and paste this file in your root folder overwrite if asked make a copy of the existing files.sfs file first and back up some where !!! select DBW in selector and start  :)     https://www.mediafire.com/?hgaiv2a8q0dabqp

misantropia

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »

tank you a lot, it worked
another question ;D, I don't seem to have an awefull lot of planes and maps (the same there is in UP) do I need to download more stuff? the dude here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,28321.0.html (second post) seemes to say I have planes untill the end of the cold war

barnesy12

• Enthusiast!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:49 PM »

err you need to enable several features in for DBW with  your jsgme such as mission pro which should give you a lot of maps etc jet war is part of DBW i thought so should have most of the jets etc already if not just download the jetwar pack you can find in the jets thread  ercan wide is also a must if you have a wide screen try the different mods and you will find what you want and what you don't! glad it worked now the fun part adding what you want etc
happy modding :)

misantropia

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »

tanks again, I had DBW for a couple of weeks and it is only now working.
this solution should be posted in the general troubleshooting thread

btasm

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »

tank you a lot, it worked
another question ;D, I don't seem to have an awefull lot of planes and maps (the same there is in UP) do I need to download more stuff? the dude here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,28321.0.html (second post) seemes to say I have planes untill the end of the cold war

Thanks for the info. It helped, sort of. I can now start DBW, but when I choose a QC mission, I get the following message "Mission loading failed:null". Is there a way to fix this?

btasm

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:09 AM »

Addendum: I believe this issue has been resolved. After installing files.sfs, I did indeed receive the error message "Mission loading failure: null" when attempting to start a QC mission. Il-2 had defaulted to the Avia S-199 (first plane in alphabetical order). When I switched planes, however, QC started and I can now employ all aircraft (or at least every one I've chosen so far.)

I also noted that after installing files.sfs, my air.ini had been changed dramatically and no longer included the aircraft mods I had installed. Same is true as to the planes_ru.properties and weapons_ru.properties files. Why would this have occurred since I never touched any of these files?

I am also curious as to why this happened in the first place. Seems to me that inadvertantly employing the JSGME.exe while Il-2 was minimized, although an error, is a mistake that can happen with some frequency.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 26 queries.