Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310293 times)

dik_splash

Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #696 on: December 14, 2012, 02:31:18 AM »

Hi all,
I have installed the Full Monty on DBW 1.71 and it worked like a dream until now.  :(
I was flying Monty's Ace of Spades campaign and had completed Mission 8 a sweep over the Dunkirk beaches, 17 kills and just promoted to Leutnant.

Problem: Starts to load mission 9 but stops at 85% Loading stationary objects and hangs, Alt Tab out of the game has a message
IL-2 6Dof/TIR Enabled Executable for modded IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 has stopped working.

Just wondering if anybody else has had/seen this?

Many thanks in advance

(Been here 3 years and 1st post   :-[  )

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #697 on: December 14, 2012, 03:23:37 AM »

Well this is a rather heavy mission, and the only way I personally use to make heavy missions such as that one, more fps friendly, is delete everything that is not close to the main action ...

Here for example I only opened the .mis file to "read" it, and since all British planes only attack chief 366 train convoy, I kept the 4 train convoys but deleted all other chiefs ...

Then I deleted all the beach obstacle objects, and may be all "airdrome control tower small" and other "house bunker1" could be deleted too ... (once again I didn't play the mission, only "read" the .mis file)

Try this :

https://www.mediafire.com/?o962w3m5f9o4dv8

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #698 on: December 14, 2012, 04:07:47 AM »

Well this is a rather heavy mission, and the only way I personally use to make heavy missions such as that one, more fps friendly, is delete everything that is not close to the main action ...

Here for example I only opened the .mis file to "read" it, and since all British planes only attack chief 366 train convoy, I kept the 4 train convoys but deleted all other chiefs ...

Then I deleted all the beach obstacle objects, and may be all "airdrome control tower small" and other "house bunker1" could be deleted too ... (once again I didn't play the mission, only "read" the .mis file)

Try this :

https://www.mediafire.com/?o962w3m5f9o4dv8

I know I can simplify the mission ;) but this mission is generated automatically with DGEN, so asking players to analyse and simplify every mission before playing is not an option.

In a "vanilla" or slightly modded DBW version : the mission works like a charm and its interest is to see "all those things everywhere".
In short it is a test option representing how I like to play with 1946

My question deals with Monty Pack:
What mod to deactivate and what option to activate to have a reasonnable fps ?

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #699 on: December 14, 2012, 04:17:34 AM »

... sorry jeanba, I read too fast and missed the DGen aspect of the mission ...  :-[

Je crois qu'il y a une option "visi des fumées 30 km" dans le mod effects de Gurner qui plombe bien les fps, à remplacer par une classe java qui ramène la visi à 10 km ...

ça se trouve qq part dans ce thread ...  ;)

Klaus109

• Modder
  • Karten bauen
« Reply #700 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:53 AM »

Hi all,
I have problems at the mod enabler! Monty-1 can be installed. Monty-2 is no longer possible. What am I doing wrong here?

Klaus

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #701 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »

Hi all,
I have problems at the mod enabler! Monty-1 can be installed. Monty-2 is no longer possible. What am I doing wrong here?

Klaus
Is monty 2 "blanked" ?
If yes Deactivate Monty-1, then reactivate it and recheck
You can also try to deactivate everything and reactivate progressivly.
Also check, you may have a warning saying that Monty-2 overwrites monty-1 => it is ok

Note that activating a monty file over another may be very long (up to 15 minutes on my machine), so be patient.

Taxman

« Reply #702 on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »

Well I have just started the DAF campaign "Full Monty" and in the third mission have run into the same problem.  Mission stops working after abouth 4 minutes into it, Alt Tab out of the game.  What gives, posted abought the same problem when I tried a none "Monty campaign" after about 5 missions same problem :( :'(.  Hope we get an answer.

Hi all,
I have installed the Full Monty on DBW 1.71 and it worked like a dream until now.  :(
I was flying Monty's Ace of Spades campaign and had completed Mission 8 a sweep over the Dunkirk beaches, 17 kills and just promoted to Leutnant.

Problem: Starts to load mission 9 but stops at 85% Loading stationary objects and hangs, Alt Tab out of the game has a message
IL-2 6Dof/TIR Enabled Executable for modded IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 has stopped working.

Many thanks in advance

Taxman

« Reply #703 on: December 14, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »

I think I know what the problem is.  I looked at how my "Full Monty" was orgainized in JSGME and the "DBW Monty" packs where out of order, ie between the 19th and 20th there where other items.  I made sure the Monty packs where loaded first in JSGME and any thing else like "DBW_Escran wide for 4.101" where loaded after the packs.  All seems well now. Load time is much faster.   :)

One other thing I did (however I don't know if has any effect on DBW, being as I also have COD) I turned off Steam, no more updates when flying a mission or "anouncements" about other games I have no interest in :P

Hope that helps, I will post an update in a few days once I have flown some more missions with "The Full Monty" ;D

Well I have just started the DAF campaign "Full Monty" and in the third mission have run into the same problem.  Mission stops working after abouth 4 minutes into it, Alt Tab out of the game.  What gives, posted abought the same problem when I tried a none "Monty campaign" after about 5 missions same problem :( :'(.  Hope we get an answer.

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance

notyourbuddy

« Reply #704 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »

Not sure if I completely understand everything I just read, but I can feel its pure awesomeness oozing through my computer screen.  :P

Must have. Downloading now. RAWR!

(thanks for all the hard work)

dik_splash

« Reply #705 on: December 16, 2012, 04:01:53 AM »

I think I know what the problem is.  I looked at how my "Full Monty" was orgainized in JSGME and the "DBW Monty" packs where out of order, ie between the 19th and 20th there where other items.  I made sure the Monty packs where loaded first in JSGME and any thing else like "DBW_Escran wide for 4.101" where loaded after the packs.  All seems well now. Load time is much faster.   :)

One other thing I did (however I don't know if has any effect on DBW, being as I also have COD) I turned off Steam, no more updates when flying a mission or "anouncements" about other games I have no interest in :P

Hope that helps, I will post an update in a few days once I have flown some more missions with "The Full Monty" ;D 

Did as you said and added the extras at the end of the JSGME order (my Monty packs were in the correct order) but to no avail still sticks at 85% 

Bugger, was really looking forward to finishing the campaign, or until I died.   :(

ElmarBoehl

« Reply #706 on: December 16, 2012, 06:21:42 AM »

Hi everybody!
I´m afraid my machine can´t handle TFM any longer, need a new processor I think. Anyway I love this pack as well I like the sound. So I installed the DBW_Tiger...sound mod right over my Clean DBW Modding JGME installation, which my machine is able to do and I espacially love it´s sound. I also installed "MoD MAps Tiger fix". Unfortunately I  have the same problems like some others ...: When changing to the "FLY BY" (within a campaign) view There is no sound except the sorroundings...even when I change to the "friendly view" and return to "Fly by" the sound wouln´t come back. Sometimes it appears that after a while the sound is there again or sometimes -after a slight clicking sound can be heared in a certain delay time...
What can I / we do?

Thanx in advance

Elmar

CrazyJow

« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »

I was wondering how you go about doing this

"Note:     Disabled the following classfile: 1F8E9514CA7C6CDC
Note:    Another conflict classfile that kills beacons is DA40F18C338F4036 but this is not used in the FW190 set. Just bear these two in mind in case of future conflicts."

I ran into that problem when putting Part 3 on. Do I delete the files? "Tom2" has been a great help getting IL-2 to run with mods, but this is a mod he doesn't use and wasn't sure. Please PM me as I'm still learning how to use this forum and don't know to make it tell me when someone replies. Thank you all for your hard work and even better community.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 25 queries.