Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310269 times)

eyler

Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #516 on: November 13, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »

Thanks for the advice Sonny.  I started over last night, in the process of adding the Monty packs one at a time to the DBW folder.  So far so good.

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #517 on: November 13, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

Hi Eyler

T'was a pleasure.

Keep us posted as usual.

Sonny Tucson :)

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #518 on: November 13, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »

Did I miss the link for Monty Pack #20?  Could not find it.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #519 on: November 13, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »

Did I miss the link for Monty Pack #20?  Could not find it.
No mate its almost there, running a little late with testing... 8)

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #520 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

Cool.  I can wait.  Excited to complete the set!!!  8)

misantropia

« Reply #521 on: November 14, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »

hello, I'm new here, so be patient, I activated pack 1 (after 15 minutes) and it CTD at 5%, any ideas? (no other mods activated also)

rollnloop

« Reply #522 on: November 14, 2012, 05:40:05 AM »

Activation via jsgme is unreliable for this very heavy pack misantropia, better copy directly the #DBW and .sfs directly in your main il2 folder. I had various CTD problems (5%, 70%) using jsgme, until i used this method.

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #523 on: November 14, 2012, 05:59:26 AM »

Activation via jsgme is unreliable for this very heavy pack misantropia, better copy directly the #DBW and .sfs directly in your main il2 folder. I had various CTD problems (5%, 70%) using jsgme, until i used this method.

Hi Rollnloop

I bet he's got a misanthropic P.C. also . :P
Sorry , I couldn't help ...

FOR MISANTROPIA

No offence Misantropia ! Just listen to Rollnloop advise .

Wecome in the world of TFM.

Sonny Tucson  :)

FroggyCanuck

« Reply #524 on: November 14, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »

Hey Simon,

I was having trouble loading custom nose art on P-51s (P-47s, P-38s, etc. ok), and posted on M4T. Crazyflak kindly helped me out and pointed out this was  due to overwriting of 3do/plane/P-51(us) engine meshes with 3do/plane/P-51(multi) engine meshes (which do not have noseart overlay) and suggested I use the corrective files (at least for the the P-51) found in https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30047.0.html

Not sure if this is JSGME bugs showing up during activation, but just though I should let you know since I only have the Monty packs and nothing else... 

Cheers

Patrick

Sassenach

« Reply #525 on: November 14, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »

Misantropia,

I activated all Monty packs through JSGME. It takes a lot of time (15 - 20 minutes for a larger pack is normal), but there were no CTD's at all or any other problems. However, I activated all packs before trying them, because the packs do not work independently of each other (pack 7 is the only exception). Look at page 1 of this topic: if you want to run pack 1 before activating the other packs, you have to install #DBW_MONTY-01 - PATCH.rar. This patch is needed untill you have activated the packs up to pack 10.

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Sassenach

Taxman

« Reply #526 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »

Hi guys,

First thank you Monty 27 for the great Monty packs and your Flying Tigers Special Edition campaign, got them up and running just great.   ;)

However I got very clever and installed Boelke's Westfront_DBW_1.03 campaign and it worked short of.  After a mission or two the campaign would freeze and an on screen error would appear saying "DBW_6dofTracIR_ClassFiles stopped working"  I do not use TracIr nor was it activited through JSGME, and it would then go back to the IL-2 Selector Screen.  I could restart the campaingn but the same error would appear.  OK I thought maybe trying different RAM settings would help, no did not work.  Changed back to orginal RAM setting "In the green", now it will not launch at all using any method.  I sure messed up big time  :'( :-[ 

So before I do a whole reinstall of the Full Monty is there any way I can get it to work?

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #527 on: November 15, 2012, 02:20:33 AM »

Hi guys,

First thank you Monty 27 for the great Monty packs and your Flying Tigers Special Edition campaign, got them up and running just great.   ;)

However I got very clever and installed Boelke's Westfront_DBW_1.03 campaign and it worked short of.  After a mission or two the campaign would freeze and an on screen error would appear saying "DBW_6dofTracIR_ClassFiles stopped working"  I do not use TracIr nor was it activited through JSGME, and it would then go back to the IL-2 Selector Screen.  I could restart the campaingn but the same error would appear.  OK I thought maybe trying different RAM settings would help, no did not work.  Changed back to orginal RAM setting "In the green", now it will not launch at all using any method.  I sure messed up big time  :'( :-[ 

So before I do a whole reinstall of the Full Monty is there any way I can get it to work?
Hey Taxman,

Boelcke's DGen campaigns, which are brilliant BTW, will not effect anything in TFM or vice versa.  DBW_6dofTracIR is one of the JSGME options that ships with DBW.  You may not have enabled it through JSGME, but check the #DBW folder in any case and look for a reference to it in a folder name.

Second thing, you only need about 512MB RAM set in the selector, higher numbers than this can cause problems, because the way the RAM is loaded and used is a little counter-intuitive, try 512 if you are set higher. 

Third, to quickly test these things disable your current #DBW folder (where all the mods are) by temporarily renaming it to -#DBW.  Then use the Vanilla #DBW in its place (available on the first page).
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 27 queries.