Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310272 times)

Sonny Tucson

Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:41 AM »

Sonny,
Verified the all Monty #1 mods installed in DBW folder with the exception of the 190 sfs files which made it to the root directory.
Smilinjack

Hi Smilin

Keep on fighting !. ;)

1-DBW 1.71 Superpack.
2-Clean # DBW
3-MONTY's 18 packs

That's the only way , and it's working .
Method of install
1-Original one through JSGME ( long )
2-Like MONTY explained in the post preceeding yours.

THE ONLY problem I can think of is that your MONTY_01 is not complete ( 4 parts) or that it is corrupted. Please check the size of the merged 4 parts of MONTY_01.

Keep us posted .

Sonny Tucson  :)

Smilinjack

« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2012, 05:53:00 AM »

Sonny,
Monty #1 is 2.09GB unzipped. I think that's the size it should be and no problems downloading from mediafire.
I have the stock 4.10.1 game and UP 3. DBW installed initially with the (I forget how many) individual part downloads and then replaced with the DBW 1.71 "megapack".
As I mentioned in my initial post, I set the game to the vanilla DBW folder found here after disabling all JSGME mods. The game runs with the vanilla DBW folder and nothing else. The game also runs with several JSGME mods enabled (but no Monty pack). As soon as Monty #1 is enabled, the game crashes with the 70%. Obviously it's something in the #1 pack conflicting with my "vanilla" installation.
Can you help me understand what .ini files are involved with a 70% crash?
Thanks,
Smilinjack

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2012, 07:33:33 AM »

Sonny,
Monty #1 is 2.09GB unzipped. I think that's the size it should be and no problems downloading from mediafire.
I have the stock 4.10.1 game and UP 3. DBW installed initially with the (I forget how many) individual part downloads and then replaced with the DBW 1.71 "megapack".
As I mentioned in my initial post, I set the game to the vanilla DBW folder found here after disabling all JSGME mods. The game runs with the vanilla DBW folder and nothing else. The game also runs with several JSGME mods enabled (but no Monty pack). As soon as Monty #1 is enabled, the game crashes with the 70%. Obviously it's something in the #1 pack conflicting with my "vanilla" installation.
Can you help me understand what .ini files are involved with a 70% crash?
Thanks,
Smilinjack

Hi Smilin ( Hope you still do ! ;)

MONTY_01 size is O.K.

Please , don't try to correct a basic false install. 70% crash is related with something wrong in your technics. ini or other.inis . It is not related to Air.ini. So, such trouble may be difficult to spot for unexperienced guy ( like me ! ).

Do me a favour and install a NEW game by ...
1-Install DBW 1.71 with SAS Superpack. And nothing else !.
2-Run this game and make all your # settings. Check if everything is O.K.
3-Quit the game.
4-Open your game root folder and disable your #DBW folder by adding "-" in front . ( So it should be "-#DBW" )
5-Copy paste MONTY'S clean # DBW.
6-Run your GME enabler and install the different #DBW your are used to.
7-Run your game and check if everything's still O.K.
8-Quit the game
9-Install your MONTY_01 pack in your ROOT/jsgmemods folder.
10-Enable it thgrough GME or by putting all the content in your ROOT/#DBW folder , I mean the #clean DBW that you have renamed #DBW.
If you choose the direct install (bypassing GME) do not forget to put the SFS files in your root directory .

AT THIS POINT IT SHOULD WORK !.

If it works , proceed to ther install of the 17 other MONTY's packs , and run the game between each pack installation so as to check step by step.

O.K. It may be sounding stupid but believe me this way of installing TFM is the safiest one .( At least for dumb like me ).

I wish you good luck !.

Sonny  :)

Keep on keeping us posted !.

Smilinjack

« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2012, 09:30:13 AM »

Sonny,
Can I (re-) install 1.71 superpack over the existing game of must I retreat to a virgin 4.10.1 first?
Lot of work if I can't.
Thaniks,
Smilin (still but growing weaker)

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »

Sonny,
Can I (re-) install 1.71 superpack over the existing game of must I retreat to a virgin 4.10.1 first?
Lot of work if I can't.
Thaniks,

Hi hardlysmilin  ;)

Yes you could reinstall but that would be as long as installing a new game , and less safe !.
If I were you I would throw away what I have and start from crash !

Il2 46_DVD_4.07m + SAS-Il2 1946_407m to DBW 1.71 SuperPack

and then do as in preceeding post.

I am not qualified enough to explain you another way of doing it .

Take your time , cheer up and you 'll soon be in the blue yonder !.

Good luck

Sonny  :)

Smilinjack

« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »

Sonny,
Ok, I hear you.
I'll be away for awhile as I kick the dog and then execute the "fresh start" approach.
Tune in for film at 11.
NoLongerSmilin, Jack

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #474 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »

Sonny,
Lot of work if I can't.
Thaniks,
No no no a thousand times no!  Why make life so hard?  Jeez, if it was that ridiculous I could never have compiled anything!   >:(

Here are the 2 most important thing to grok.
1- sfs files go in the main Il2 install, no worries, you got that, it works, leave them alone as they will not mess up if not called for.
2-EVERYTHING else is dealt with in the #DBW folder. - Therefore, replace it with a clean version, #DBW_Clean, renamed to #DBW, and you are back to vanilla DBW in less time than it took to type this.

So, if you have DBW1.71 working, then you can mess to your hearts content with the #DBW folder, providing you have a backup of the initial vanilla #DBW folder, and one is provided here.

It ain't rocket science, it ain't even rubber band propeller science.   :)

FroggyCanuck

« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »

It ain't rocket science, it ain't even rubber band propeller science.   :)

;D ;D ;D

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #476 on: November 06, 2012, 05:52:15 AM »

Hi Walking the smiling dog Jack  ;)

Not returned yet or already in the blue yonder ?

Sonny Tucson  :)

P.S. Do not be afraid of Monty , he didn't kill as many people as the other one ! :D
      You'll see, as soon as you'll be out of the s..t he'll come back to congratulate you ! ;)

Keep on rocking

Smilinjack

« Reply #477 on: November 06, 2012, 06:07:21 AM »

Monty27:
Too late.. I've begun the re-install. If you read my first post, I mentioned that the 70% crash occured with a vanilla DBW game and Monty 1 (enabled). I assume that whatever caused the 70 % crash relates to some type of conflict between the content of the vanilla DBW and Monty 1. Before you ask, yes I verified that I had the "correct" version of the vanilla DBW and a solid version of Monty 1 (2.09gb).
So, given that starting point, where would you look for the cause of the problem?

Sonny,
Not yet. Hopefully sometime today. Distractions include wife, job and dog.

Boelcke

« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »

Monty27:
Too late.. I've begun the re-install. If you read my first post, I mentioned that the 70% crash occured with a vanilla DBW game and Monty 1 (enabled). I assume that whatever caused the 70 % crash relates to some type of conflict between the content of the vanilla DBW and Monty 1. Before you ask, yes I verified that I had the "correct" version of the vanilla DBW and a solid version of Monty 1 (2.09gb).
So, given that starting point, where would you look for the cause of the problem?

did you install the patch for Monty #01?

https://www.mediafire.com/?trcf57ckf0p86tj

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2012, 07:28:06 AM »

Hi Smilinjack

Geee... It looks like we have a problem of vocabulary.

What do you call " a vanilla DBW" ? Are you reffering to MONTY_DBWclean. ?
If so , once this one installed in your root directory you should have nothing else than these folders inside

MapMods
-Smoketrails for MG17,131.Browning303
STD
XTD

And these DO NOT conflict with MONTY_01 (part1-2-3 and 4 merged)  Pack, believe me.

There should be only 1 #DBW folder in your root directory and this one.

Just for info , last time you had trouble with MONTY_01 ,did you had mods already enabled from your jsgmemods before proceeding with the enabling of # MONTY_01 pack ?

Keep us posted.

Good luck

Sonny  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.