Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new WWII intro  (Read 2572 times)

Panzerpreussen

• Gott Mitt Uns!!
A new WWII intro
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:48:10 PM »

Kameraden:

Watching some videos of aerial combat in 1943, it occurred to me that it might be possible to add at the beginning of the game any clip of WWII, from the Blitzkrieg, Battle of Britain, Africa, Russia ..... etc, not an entire film at first but about 30 seconds would be sufficient to get motivated to fly.

Raid over Hamburg

If possible do something like that be wonderful!

Watching for comments...
Preussen

Patton

• SAC Team
  • Strategic Air Command
    • The web like never before
Re: A new WWII intro
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »

Anyone correct me if I am wrong but the video in the start of IL2 is an NTRK native to the game ? if not I have some idea and if so codecs will be found.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:22:49 AM »

i'm sure it's a straight ntrk, and to replace it 'should' be as simple as using another ntrk that is renamed to intro.ntrk.
haven't tried it myself, but i see no reason why that wouldn't work.....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Patton

• SAC Team
  • Strategic Air Command
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

I did so last night after figuring out which one is called up and it functioned fine the real question is how to convert a WAV or AVI into an NTRK that's where i see some issues or maybe just tricking the game into playing one will suffice.

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »

?

convert? not working.

what you see is basically a "replay".
a "replay" consists of information, on what Il-2 map, which Il-2 planes (tanks ships houses objects...) are doing what movement [3 axis] and shooting when and where.
its not imagery, like a movie, it is coordinates. (that explains why you can still use different cameras or slo-motion, fast forward in track files.)

the Intro player software needs such trk and ntrk files.

a movie does not contain the information needed, so converting is not possible in any way.

How do you make the intro player play other kinds of files? How do you feed new Data types into a program?
That is a question. Not a simple one at all.

a little text editing will not suffice.

Patton

• SAC Team
  • Strategic Air Command
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »

I do realize this after some further research. And by no means a little text editing would suffice to edit a java based program as you put it.  I do how ever take offense at being belittled like that had to deal with that BS for years in school and won't stand for it any longer. I do apologize how ever if it was not meant in that way.

And I have had some experience tricking game engines to behave in ways they should not but my java lacks so I'm not certain whether or not I am capable of doing so.
And in other words Generating an NTRK with views as the picture shows and text is not complex. I remember reading an article some time ago about how to create full movies in IL2 with Camera Angle Changes and tracking of targets I just don't know where. But I'm sure I can track it down and see If i can achieve somethings along those lines with out a third party video but close to what it should look like it. 

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:14:25 AM »

naah, wasnt meant to look down on you.
I dont know what you know, or dont, having very little contact with you... so i assume you are a complete noob at Il-2 in general.
(as i always do when i cross a new face...)
...well there goes... always glad to be proven wrong in such cases.  :)

my knowledge of this ntrk/trk think is quite vague, and i tried to pass on the small bits i know about it.
i was under the impression that, while you substitued one track file for another, you thought you could also swap filetypes with almost as little effort.
therefor my long reply and overly simple use of terms and words.

cheers!

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »

The IL-2 engine plays the file intro3b.ntrk as default.
It's just a matter of making a new ntrk video and rename it to intro3b.ntrk.

What about the different eras that we have now?
Simply, just make a mission with each era of airplanes in different areas of the map and a small delay between each one.
Take a look at intro3b.ntrk. We have a impression of a cutting scene with only one group of Americans planes, but there are two groups, one makes the aircraft carrier scene and the other makes the battle scene. ;)

santobr.

Patton

• SAC Team
  • Strategic Air Command
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »

naah, wasnt meant to look down on you.
I dont know what you know, or dont, having very little contact with you... so i assume you are a complete noob at Il-2 in general.
(as i always do when i cross a new face...)
...well there goes... always glad to be proven wrong in such cases.  :)

my knowledge of this ntrk/trk think is quite vague, and i tried to pass on the small bits i know about it.
i was under the impression that, while you substitued one track file for another, you thought you could also swap filetypes with almost as little effort.
therefor my long reply and overly simple use of terms and words.

cheers!

I figured as much  8)  :D

@ Santobr I have something along those lines switching from early war to late war or even between wars for a few different versions a Modded IL2. I now know how to add text and effects to the ntrk files  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 26 queries.