Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with 46 maps  (Read 876 times)

Panzerpreussen

• Gott Mitt Uns!!
Problem with 46 maps
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »

Kameraden:

I have a serious problem with the default maps on my DBW 1.71, I try to load one of the following scenarios:

Archangelsk (summer and winter)
Battle of France
Anzio
Montecassino
Dakar
Djibouti
Hejaz
Hormuz
Ifni
Iraq
Madagascar
Mid East and mideast OL
Mozambique
Zimbotho
Hankow
Viet Minh
North Vietnam and south vietnam
Australia
Batavia
Cape gloucester
Formosa
New Georgia
Andalucia
Aragon
Baleares
Cartagena
Madrid
WWI English Channel
WWI Gallipoli
WWI Megiddo
WWi Somme (summer and winter)
Benghalli
Blumax
Chaco
Cuba
Fotball Wars
Grand canyon
Snark jungle
greenscreen
Nachtjagd

must be an error in the definition of the maps or something, are not very many maps that are running me, please your help is required

Watch for your comments...
Preussen

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Problem with 46 maps
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »

Hello Preussen, first of all your thread has now been moved here from the request section in order that this problem of yours may get more attention from the rest of the community.  The request area it was previously in is for asking for new mods to be made, this thread looked to me more like you were needing technical help.

I owe you the sincerest of appologies, I actually lost your thread in the process of trying to find a better location for it. :-[  Thankfully LeOne managed to retrieve it and place it here. 8)

Like you I use DBW 1.71 and I've actually gone through the list you have put up and found all but two of the maps load without difficulty for me, the two that don't are Blumax and Nahtjagd.
The drop down menu actually sorts the maps into specific areas to enable you to find them more quickly, they do have titles that are slightly different from what you may be used to but they all use the origiinal entries on the All file which you should have within the maps folder.

So unfortunately I'm at a loss as to what to advise you here.  The maps are stored in the sfs files so if your DBW hasn't been altered in anyway all the maps listed should work.  Usually you can get problems with odd maps, but for as many maps from the list you have posted not to work would indicate something is terribly wrong, but what I don't know as yet I'm sorry to say.

UP~Boomer has actually posted a map update for UP RC-4 which included files for adding to DBW, I have that update installed myself so that may be why I can't replicate the trouble you're having, it may be that adding that update could solve your problem. :-\

The update can be found in this link:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,24784.0.html

I don't know if this will cure your problem but it gives you something to try.
The files are part way down the thread after those for JSGME.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.