Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: That dang Bombsaway wont stop! TKM_net8islands retexture. WIP  (Read 10896 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: That dang Bombsaway wont stop! TKM_net8islands retexture. WIP
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

Bombsaway, there may be an easy way, have a look at this after checking my attempt to explain:

Pretty much the first things Boomer explains...

http://ultrapack.tuttovola.org/index.php/topic,1977.0.html

So you can do the following:
Mark the entire area of that offending airfield with alt+left mouse, if in doubt add
Alt MouseLeft=select+
Alt MouseRight=select-
Alt Ctrl=unselect
Ctrl C=copy
Ctrl X=cut
Ctrl V=paste

To
[HotKey builder]

in your config.ini.

The tools you need bTW if you do not have them are in the above linked post at the top.
You need
a) a folder named Maps with only a folder named after your map in it. No files. Right in your e.g. IL-2 1946 main folder..e.g. Maps\MTO. Nothing in it.
B) In jsgmemods "_Unlocked FMB_" and "_UnlockedMaps_"
C) in "_UnlockedMaps_" your map with all your files.
Structure:
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jsgmemods\_UnlockedMaps_\#DBW\Mapmods\Maps\your map and also an all.ini
file with your map's load.ini name e.g. ag_uf_Ifni2 ag_uf_Ifni2/load.ini which was my selected map.

Engage both unlocked maps and unlocked FMB in jsgme.

When you start the game, choose FMB and select your map.
I tell you first how to change the airfield and later how to edit the texture, IMHO best edit the underlying texture first.

Go to your airfield and select everything that offends you with alt+ left mouse, pull a square on all parts you want to delete, you can do this in one big square or seperate small areas. Take care not to delete objects you wish to keep like distinctive houses or trees.
Everything that lights up red can now be moved or deleted or copied.
Delete everything you want off with ctrl+x, your changes will later be saved in the above named "Maps" folder.

Now go to your preferred other airfield and mark everything.
Then hit ctrl+c for copy.

Put your mouse over the general area of the former "badly looking" airfield and hit ctrl+v for insert.
Now you have your green field features placed on the old airfields area, all in one place. The runway, the parking points etc..

Now right click next to it and select "unselect all".
Now mark them again and choose in the FMB "Edit" "Rotate objects". You can now move them in an angle you wish the airfield to be placed on the texture. With numpad keys..
Once you have the correct angle, take the entire pack and draw it to the exact position. If in doubt unmark them again (right click-unselect) and mark them again, to not just draw or move a single object out of the complete feature. This counts as well in case your complete airfield did not turn in one bunch. If that happens, counteract whatever last turn you made with the opposite turn and start again.
NO worries, usually it works flawless.

I suggest to replace the underlying texture with your preferred green one before doing all this. :-[
Because then you see exactly where your repalcement objects have to fit in. You can zoom in by scrolling on the screen's left bar and using the mousewheel.
Replacing textures:
You can do that by selecting objects in the FMB list and then the "Tile" that carries your texture, I assume the above shown greenone you mentioned is under Airfield0=
Then click on the spots where you want the new texture. If you accidently overpaint surrounding textures, you can revert by seelcting their "Tile" in the "Tiles" list and painting them back in.
Sounds difficult but is very easy.

If all fails send me what you have so far and I try it.
After making your edits hit save in the FMB list..does not take long. :)

Now all your changes will be in the "Maps" folder inside your there placed edited empty map's folder.
To test them, you can either deactivate the FMB+ and your _UnlockedMaps_ in jsgmemods and load it again or copy and paste the edited files in your maps folder in another install and testfly them there.
To go on with editing, best deselect unlocked maps and unlocked FMB in jsgmemods and put the edited files in your map in unlocked maps.

Then reactivate and start over.
You can also edit in steps by copying and pasting the saved files several times out of your IL-2 1946/Maps/yourmap folder..and not exit the FMB+.

Important:
I did it that way, not mandatory:
In DBW, I made a seperate "MapMods\Maps" folder for testing, complete with a _tex folder in case I edit a map with other than default textures.
Whenever I test an edit, I deselect the default "MapMods" folder with an "-".
And seelct the testing version.

Dough, that was badly explained.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 05:13:11 PM »

Hello Mark, the shallows at the docks I think should be as the second image with less of the shallows texture.  Docks are usually very deep, and dredged regularily, that is how large vessels are able to use them, there really shouldn't be anything there that indicates shallows in anyway, although you have to accept that the sim will only allow you to do so much. 

As for the airfield I would think it is a plate, so if you have a version of the sim set up as a map builder you will be able to remove it as you would any object, but I would need to have the map to try and confirm that assumption.

I'll try and pull the map from the sfs files tommorow and have a look, providing I can find it. ;)

The river course I think would look better without the shallows texture.  Again less is better I think, as with skinning aircraft I find the more subdued lines are etc the better everything appears, although I'm sure others would disagree with me on that.  Rudi is the Master skinner so I think is the most qualified to advise you there on how things should look be they textures or otherwise.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »

PS: Mission_bug is correct, best to have the SFS files compressed textures for that map as a seperate folder so you can directly watch or edit them and have them in easy oversight with your edited textures.
E.g. I would love to have the defalt jungle forest  seperated to be able to edit its colour on layers 1,2,3 and 4.. :)

Cheers

Tom

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »

PPS: I looked at it again and I assume you only need to delete the runway plate objects and if the other field (the green) has plates on top copy and paste the features on the former offending field.

That is a very fast job and if you have the FMB+ features running a simple act of marking the old field's bad objects with alt+left mouse, deleting all that with ctrl+x, then marking the better field with alt+left mouse, hitting ctrl+c and pasting it in the 2nd field's area with ctrl+V. Then marking it a 2nd time to rotate it with numkeys and place it over the exact position. Unmark, done.
I hope that would be working.

Now I better sht up. :D

Tom

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »

Ok Pete, I'll remove more of the shallows at the dock. Also, I can reduce the river shallows but I would like to keep a small bit on the shore line.

As far as Tom2, I think my head just popped.:) If you are willing to help and can investigate that airfield so a better texture or the one I use for the other airfields. I'm greatfull for any help. I would like to get his map to look as good as possible.
I can send you the map folder which only has the load.ini it and the map_c.tga, thats all I was working with, and the texture folder so you can see if you can get it to work. That is if you have time. If not I understand. I can release it and if I learn how to get to that plate or texture, whatever it is, then I can update it later.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »

As I get you, you simply want that airfield to look identical to the other green field, correct? Placed correctly over the tile or the same file of the other field..
and if there are other additional objects, keep those?
I can not 100% gurantee the 2nd part, but the first part should be very easy. 2nd part should be doable as well except additional objects like trees or houses must be placed 100/100 identical.
Send it and I try it tonight..just give me a basic instruction and I think it's no prob except I miss something or mistake your intention.

Cheers

Tom

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »

You are correct. If you can just change the plate to the green texture or get it to where we can make a listing in the load.ini for a different one that would be great. :) Yes, I would like to keep the buildings that are already there if possible. Dont go away, I'll zip it up and send it to you in a pm.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »

Be there in a few..should be doable tonight wich is GMT+1 aka the next 1-2 hours.. :)

Cheers

Tom

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »

Pm sent. Thank you Tom for all your help. Even if it doesnt work, I'm still greatfull for your effort. :)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:30 AM »

Hello Mark, I couldn't get this version of the map to load up in DBW at first, however, once I used Boomers files to update I can now see the airfield that is giving you the grief.

By turning my DBW into a map builder I find that the airfield is made from runway objects, sorry, but this means deleting them and saving a new Actors file.

I'll remove the objects for you and send you the actors, after that it's up to you how you proceed. ;)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2012, 06:09:11 AM »

Here is the airfield with the previous runway plates removed and replaced by the large Cannon Blank field plates. ;)

This is version one of the map, haven't looked at V two yet.

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 06:29:24 AM »

Thank you Pete. Tom2 has also jumped in to help. Last night he had time to fix it and send me two versions. I'll post some pics of V1 I still need to test V2. He got my green texture in there and edited map_t for other things. I'm glad to have his and your help on this. Hopefully I can finish editting the shallows after work today and get this uploaded soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 26 queries.