Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: UltraSpain  (Read 44716 times)

grumpf44

Re: UltraSpain
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »

Works perfectly on a clean install on UP3 (except missions)... But I try to clean the multiple Il-2 installs I have, I'm using the fabulous Pablo's Total MODder (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,17645.0.html). So I treated this UltraSpain as a huge SCW Mod Pack.
(I am a newbee in Il-2).
The changes I have made to adapt for Total MODder:
- All the config files from this pack transfered in a dedicated folder.
- I amended the air.ini with // at Bf-109D-1Late (Not in DBW?).
- I amended the stationary.ini with // at [SpawnPlaceholder] & Spawnplaceholder  vehicles.planes.Plane$Spawnplaceholder (CTD at 70%, Not in DBW?).
- To reduce the number of folders, I have transfered in a dedicated folder all the 3do folders I found which are just changes of the default skins (My Il-2 folder\jsgmemods\UltraSpain_STD\3do\xxx). This folder includes: Artillery, building, cars, plane, ships, spg, tanks.
Pending problems, cause I am a newbee:
- Dedicated spanish sounds (music and voices): don't know how to rename the sample folder, or where to put in Pablo's MODder.
- Briefings: never seen nothing, even when I used the install on clean UP3. On the other way, I don't have any mission or briefing file in the downloads I have made... I can access to single player spanish screen, with dedicated background, but the only file in the menu are .tga...

talhuman

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:39 PM »

No missions or campaigns operates only in QMB

Tofolo

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »

You can play poltava's campaign Battle for Madrid for example. It works perfectly on me, plus it's a great campaign!

grumpf44

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 07:41:24 PM »

I've read all the posts, but may have missed something ,so may I ask if there will be ( or is) any way to make this DBW friendly? :-\

I think not atm...can`t get it to work in DBW,no matter what I try, get the 70% loading crash.

very sad....

Try:
- to amend the air.ini with // at Bf-109D-1Late (Not in DBW?).
- to amend the stationary.ini with // at [SpawnPlaceholder] & Spawnplaceholder  vehicles.planes.Plane$Spawnplaceholder (CTD at 70%, Not in DBW?).
My install is with Total MODder starting with DBW: I have not tried a "real" DBW install.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »

hey Red Eye,

Very very cool  ;D :D

Easy install  :D :)

Love the music you chose for Ultra Spain  ;)

Huge amount of mod compiling I have never seen the Grumman aircraft  :D

Great Work  :D

Kirby

juanmalapuente

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »

You can play poltava's campaign Battle for Madrid for example. It works perfectly on me, plus it's a great campaign!

Sure it is, but you'll need a good bunch of skins to play it properly. BTW, I think that's one of the improvements that could be done to this great Ultraspain: a good updated SCW skinpack.
I gathered all that I had in my folders and made a skinpack of it. I wanted to include skins not only for the aircraft in the Ultraspain list, but also all the hacks that have been used for many years in the case you still wanted to have them (after all, several of those planes were actually purchased but never reached Spain, such as B-534, Fokker G-1, or R-10), but the compressed file was still too heavy and I decided to eliminate them. I had to be a little selective with the rest and deleted many very similar skins or those with a very doubtful quality, sorry. You can find downloads of these old hacks in M4T and other sites, anyway.
Skins and templates were made by Imme, Metatron, Tchaika, Phasmid, Manowar, Xanty, Jutocsa, Tuckie, Falskter, Nachprod, Harpia Mafra, PA-Asis, Snorri Bradhawk, Friction, Highlander, Dr. Jones, 1-thirteen, Nightsifter, Caldrail, HK, The Fly, Bird Brain, Agracier, Mission Bug, Archie1971, Hayate, Juanmalapuente and probably many others that I forget or cannot identify (sorry for the omission).
There're also skins for those planes that should be included in Ultraspain because they really participated in SCW and we already have them in game: Trimotor, DH-89, UTI-4, Savoia Marchetti S-55m and Li-2 / L2D,  that can still stand for the Douglas DC-2 and DC-1 while we have something else.
Some of these added planes were already in Redeye's air ini list, but inactivated by //. I activated them, eliminating the double slash and  adding the correspondant folders to #UP#. I did it also for Avia B.122 that can work as a hack for Spad-510 and for Bucker Bu-133.
There're other planes included in Ultraspain, such as Arado Ar-196 which are not really necessary even as a hack for Ar-98. There're better options, for instance floatplane versions for Gladiator or for Swordfish made by Beowolf.
Take into account that it's a big download: about 200 MB
https://www.mediafire.com/?nujdchtlowjyd3w

Another customization that I made is to order air.ini alphabetically, since the original list is a little chaotic if not ordered by countries or sides.
I paste my air ini here, if someone want to copy and overwrite his/her. Of course, to make a backup of the original one is always a good idea.  ;)
Planes added or activated are highlighted in red, so you can be sure that you have them in UP folder (Li-2 or L2D are already in UP, you don't need to add anything) otherwise, you'll have to delete or inactivate them with //, before using this air.ini, to avoid CTD.

[AIR]

Aero_A101    air.Aero_A101        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Ar-196A-3         air.AR_196A3 2                                g01   SUMMER                  
Autogyro          air.Autogyro 1                                pl01  SUMMER                  
AviaBa122               air.AVIA_Ba122 2                NOINFO  g01   SUMMER               
Ba65A80ArconeL             air.Ba65AA 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Ba65A80Monoplace           air.Ba65AM 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Ba65A80TurretM             air.Ba65TA 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Ba65K14ArconeL             air.Ba65AK 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
//Ba65K14BiplaceEarly      air.Ba65KB 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
//Ba65K14Monoplace         air.Ba65KM 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
//Ba65K14TurretM           air.Ba65TK 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109B-1           air.BF_109B1 2                                g01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109B-2           air.BF_109B2 2                                g01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109C-1           air.BF_109C1 2                                g01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109D-1           air.BF_109D1 2                                g01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109D-1Late       air.BF_109D1L 2                               g01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109E-1         air.BF_109E1 2                        NOINFO  g01   SUMMER                  
Bf-109E-3         air.BF_109E3 2                        NOINFO  g01   SUMMER                  
Breguet_19H    air.Breguet_19H        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Breguet_19HV    air.Breguet_19HV        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Breguet_19L    air.Breguet_19L        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Breguet_19LV    air.Breguet_19LV        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Bulldog_II        air.Bulldog_II  NOINFO gb01 SUMMER                  
CantZ501          air.CantZ501 2                        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
CantZ-506         air.CantZ506B 2                       NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
CR-32quater       air.CR_32quater 2                             i01   SUMMER                  
D371      air.D371     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
D372      air.D372     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
D510              air.D510 1     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
D510T             air.D510T 1     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
D510TH            air.D510TH 1     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
D510THM100        air.D510THM100 1     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
Delfin          air.Delfin        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Dh-89a                  air.Dh_89 2                           NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER                  
Do-17Z-0         air.Do17Z_0 2                        NOINFO  g01 SUMMER                  
DXXI_DK           air.DXXI_DK 1                         NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
Fi-156            air.FI_156 2                                  g01   SUMMER                  
FokkerCX          air.FokkerCX        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Fury_S            air.Fury_S        NOINFO gb01 SUMMER                  
G_50              air.G50 2                                     f01   SUMMER                  
Gamma2A5B   air.Gamma2A5B      NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER                  
GL32      air.GL32     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
GL450      air.GL450     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
GL633      air.GL633     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
He-111H-2         air.HE_111H2 2                                g01   SUMMER                  
He45           air.He45 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
He46C1            air.He46 2                            NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
He46C2            air.He46C2 2                          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
He51C-1           air.He51C 2          NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
He-60             air.HE_60 2                            NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Hispano_E30    air.Hispano_E30        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Hispano_E30T    air.Hispano_E30T        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Hs-123         air.HS123 2                          NOINFO  g01   SUMMER                  
I-15_m22          air.I_15_m22 1                        NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
I-15_m25          air.I_15_m25 1                        NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
I-15bis           air.I_15BIS 1                         NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
I-16type10        air.I_16TYPE10 1                      NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
I-16type10WC      air.I_16TYPE10WC 1                    NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
I-16type5         air.I_16TYPE5  1                      NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                   
I-16type6         air.I_16TYPE6  1                      NOINFO  r01   SUMMER                  
Ju-52/3mg3e       air.JU_52_3MG3E 2                     NOINFO  g01   WINTER                  
Ju-52/3mg4e       air.JU_52_3MG4E 2                     NOINFO  g01   WINTER                  
Ju-52/3mg5e       air.JU_52_3MG5E 2                     NOINFO  g01   WINTER                  
Ju-87B-1          air.JU_87B1 2                         NOINFO  g01   SUMMER                  
JunkersF13          air.Ju_F13    2                                NOINFO  g01 SUMMER                   
Koolhoven_FK51J    air.Koolhoven_FK51J        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Koolhoven_FK51W    air.Koolhoven_FK51W        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
L2D               air.L2D 2                                     ja01  DESERT
Letov_S231        air.Letov_S231  NOINFO i01 SUMMER                  
Li-2              air.LI_2 1                                    r01   SUMMER
Loire46           air.Loire46     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
MBR-2             air.MBR_2 1                                   r01   SUMMER                  
Ni52      air.Ni52     NOINFO   i01  SUMMER                  
OspreyL          air.OspreyL        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
P-26              air.P_26 1                            NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER                  
Polikarpov_RZ          air.Polikarpov_RZ        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Potez25J          air.Potez25J        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Potez25L          air.Potez25L        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Potez25S          air.Potez25S        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Potez25TOE      air.Potez25TOE     NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
PWS-10            air.PWS_10 2                          NOINFO  pl01  SUMMER                  
R-5               air.R_5 1                                     r01   SUMMER                  
Ro37bis           air.Ro37bis 2                         NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
SB_2M-100A        air.SB_2M100A 1                               r01   SUMMER                  
SM_S55m           air.SM_S55m 2                         NOINFO  g01   SUMMER
SM_81        air.SM_81 2            NOINFO i01  SUMMER
SM-79             air.SM79i 2                           NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
Trimotor                air.Trimotor 1                        NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER                  
U-2TM             air.U_2TM 1                           NOINFO  r01   SUMMER
UTI-4B            air.UTI_4B 1                                  r01   SUMMER                  
VildebeestL    air.VildebeestL        NOINFO  i01   SUMMER                  
VulteeV1A    air.VulteeV1A      NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER                  
VulteeV1AN    air.VulteeV1AN      NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER                   
VulteeV1AR    air.VulteeV1AR      NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER                  

There is also a small detail that have to be corrected, but I don't know in which file is it. In the QMB menu, R-5 rasante appears as a duplicated R-Z natacha, fortunatelly is only the name, the plane is OK (rasante is the one without gunner glass windshield).
Another detail that I have in my install is this: when you choose red side, the only country available is USSR and in blue side, Germany and Italy, no Republicans or Nationalists??  ???

About the maps. New NE Spain is great, but I don't believe it replaces the previous Balearic Islands and Aragon maps. May be Ebro-38, that had huge rescap problems. The new versions of Balearic Islands, improved by Mission Bug and Agracier's Aragon new textures are far more detailed and are still useful. You just have to look to the amazing trench and positions network that Agracier created around Montearagon, Estrecho Quinto and other historical places around Huesca which he visited in person.
I don't know if NE Spain map is less detailed because it is a large map that could be too heavy for fps if more densely populated. In that case, smaller maps are still necessary, since they give you a much more enjoyable level of detail, useful in missions and campaigns making. For instance, I'm working in missions and campaigns for Aragonesse front. In the new map there are almost none of the historically important villages around Huesca or the main ones for the Battle of Belchite. It's not only a question of decoration, those villages and towns were bombing and straffing targets for aircraft.
For the Baleares, Ibiza and all the smaller Islands are missing, as is a not small portion of Valencia.
May be, a good thing would be to really merge all these works in one, but by now, I added those older maps in the maps folder inside STD, added the all.ini lines and everything's working. The same could be done with Cartagena map, despite that wasn't a very active area in SCW, but was important as school, training and coastal defence.
I think that we don't need to renounce to all these good works. The more Spain maps we have to choose, the better.

For the vehicles and armor in FMB, I think Nationalist captured T-26, CV-35 and Renault Ft-17 tanks should be added, since they are already in game.

For the rest of the aspects, Ultraspain is still a very attractive option, especially to use Zuti's MDS mod that can't work in DBW.
I haven't installed it in DBW, since I don't want to overload my game. I prefer to have separate installs, in the case of messing one of them, you always have the other one intact.  :D

juanmalapuente

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:06 AM »

Another improvement for a better Ultraspain: I reverted the default skin in Ju-52 bomber to the original one by Ranwers, which is historically accurate. The default skins in Ju-52 have nothing to do with SCW. In Ju-52 hidro and He-46C I will use the ones I made, which are also historical.
I'll post the tgas here tomorrow. Today, I'm leaving.
Cheers.

Tofolo

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 04:18:32 AM »

Nice job, Juan!

About Poltava's skins, they are already packed in the campaign, but the more skins the more variety to choose, so thanks a lot!

Regarding the planes you added: afaik, some of them were added on earlier versions of the pack, but somehow have been deleted/removed because of causing issues. And again, the more planes the more fun we'll have (plus SCW was characteristic for its vast variety of aircraft)

And regarding NE_Map, in my opinion its a larger scale map aiming for bigger campaigns. The Balearics islands aren't geographically correct, since they should be a bit more to the south (outside the map), but again in an effort of an end-of-war campaign it was it's creator choice to set them there, quite a hit IMO.

Also, you have to take in account that it's been just released, and maybe RedEye_Jir will soon provide some kinds of updates.

Thanks for your work!

RedEye_Jir

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 05:20:13 AM »

Pack of skins
I recommend this pack of skins on the Civil War
The author of the compilation is juanmalapuente
https://www.mediafire.com/?nujdchtlowjyd3w
Juanma me parece una buena idea el pack de skin, lo he incorporado al post inicial del UltraSpain.
UltraSpain es una especie de monstruo de más de 2 GB. Seguro que hay muchos aspectos en los que se puede mejorar. Si me mandas las mejoras que se te ocurran podría ponerlas en una nueva versión de UltraSpain. Lo mejor es un mensaje privado y te contestaría dándote mi correo.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 07:36:43 AM »

Juan!

Excellent idea! D/L-ing!  ;D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

RedEye_Jir

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »

Jir, in my squad we are recording voices (real ones, one different person each actor) and editing them to soung like throw a 1940 radio. Once we finish I will love to send them to you so you could use them for your mod pack.

Kokakolo: I will be happy to have that new voice recording
Cualquier ayuda o mejora será bienvenida

Cracken

• FMB addict
    • My downloads
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »

Hi, I am very grateful for this and have made a Cr.32 campaign that could be get here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,27259.0.html

I only prey for more (hopefully) upcoming aircraft to be incorporated into this + to have also more SCW maps like those by agracier (Madrid, Baleares, Aragon, Cartagena, etc.) or others (Canarias).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.