Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG Carrier Operations 1941-45 V1.3 DBW  (Read 34532 times)

Cycle

• Modder
Re: DCG Carrier Operations 1942-45 V1.0 DBW
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »

Hi vFiReStOrMv, welcome to this forum!
You must first download and install the latest DCG 3.47beta version:
http://www.jg1.org/tabid/116/g/posts/m/3060/DCG-3-47-Open-Beta-Test.aspx#post3060

Here is a tutorial how to install DCG and a 3rd party campaign:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20872.0.html

For the installation of this campaign later, you must copy all .dat files from the "Carrier Operations 1942-45 V1.0 DBW/DGen" folder into your "/IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/DGen" folder!
So that you not have to overwrite files in your DGen game folder, rename the .dat files for this campaign!

Example:     CampaignsUNL
                 planesUNL
                 squadronsUNL

rename maybe to:

CampaignsUNZ
                 planesUNZ
                 squadronsUNZ

or

CampaignsUN1
                 planesUN1
                 squadronsUN1

The first two entries have you to keep in this case (UN), but you can change the last letter (A-Z) or number (0-9)!

Hope it helps!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

PlaneEater

• Akimbo pixelslinger
  • Modder
    • Garage Bay 9
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »

I've got this installed and running properly (DCG is doing its thing), but I'm having issues with some missions where I spawn without a cockpit, in a plane with pink textures, in the water instead of on a carrier...?  This one has me stumped.  Bad ships.ini entry, maybe?

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »

Hi,
Perhaps you can isolate the problem with this method: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16680.msg256154.html#msg256154
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

lam

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 10:50:24 PM »

Thanks for creating this dcg campaign!

I got this campaign all set up with the marianas expanded map and get to the screen where I click on fly, then get the error message:

Mission Loading Failed: Landscape 'Marianas_Expanded/load.ini' loading error

I've checked my installation against the readme and this and the marianas expanded thread four times now so I'm not sure what else to be looking out for. (I think my eyes are getting old! ???) I'm running the F6F Phillipine sea campaign if that makes a difference.

While I'm at it, which should it be:

MarianasExpanded Marianas_Expanded/load.ini

or

Marianas_Expanded Marianas_Expanded/load.ini

?

I actually tried it both ways, but still getting the error message above. Any suggestions what I should be looking for to solve the error?

Appreciate any help getting the campaign running is appreciated.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 08:15:48 AM »

Hi,
The first term defines only the text for the maps menue in FMB!
Important is the second: Marianas_Expanded/load.ini

Can you load and play a selfmade mission in FMB with this map?

lam

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »

Thanks Lonestar67. That's something I should have thought to check before posting...whoops. There was an extraction error with the file, so I redownloaded and the map is working now. Now I'm off to reply to your post and clarify the question in the DCG for DBW thread! ;)

Cycle

• Modder
Re: DCG Carrier Operations 1942-45 V1.1 DBW
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »

And new update for this campaign!
Changes and download, see first post!
Thanks!

Cycle

• Modder
Re: DCG Carrier Operations 1941-45 V1.2 DBW
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »

And next version is out!
Changes and download, see first post!
Have fun!

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »

Hi Lonestar

Campaign is working so far under HSFX.But I have 2 "little problems" maybe you can can help.

-When I play a D3A or a B5N2 I can not stay in formation with my AI wingman.The AI climbs ~30% faster than I and pull away like a rocket in level flight.I have nearly no cance to catch them! Changing the cruise speed to a lower level in DCG pannel makes no effect  :-X  Maybe this is a part of the buggy AI in IL-2?

-When I play the D3A in the first subcampaign (wake island) the AI drob the bombs and then attack the targets on the very heavy defended island with the machine guns untill EVERY plane is shot down by the flak or fighters!  :( Think this is very anoying and unrealistic...is there a way to change the attack routine or the behavior from the D3A´s in DCG?

Cheers,Semor.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »

If its not work with the cruise speed in DCG, then it looks more like an AI problem!
The behavior of the D3A1 is also an AI thing! The only mod (I know) that changes that, is included in the Comand and Control mod by CY6:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26654.0.html
Its one of the sub mods and changes the ground attack profil of all aircraft!

I am offline till 2. Jannuary, also schöne Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch an alle!

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 02:26:47 AM »

hmmm...ok.I will have a look on it how I can use the C&C mod in the Sub campaigns.

Thanks mate.

Euch allen natürlich auch frohe Weihnachten und schöne Festtage!

Th_dragula

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 01:19:37 AM »

I having Hell get, this pack to work with menu in in game gen. it never generate missions. I read every thing posted does not work. can some one list maps?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 29 queries.