Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Northrop Gamma 5B - update 02 24/6/2012  (Read 40050 times)

Dreamk

• Modder
Northrop Gamma 5B - update 02 24/6/2012
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »

The lonely Gamma 5B that saw action in Spain, was a slightly modified version of the Gamma 2E that saw extensive use in China, and was never really given the opportuinity to be used at its full potential. The bomb load was quite consistent (727 Kg - some sources even say 1000Kg) though the engine was relatively weak for such a large and heavy plane - it was the same Wright Cyclone 1820 F51 engine that powered the diminutive Grumman Delfin and even some versions of the tiny I-16 in Spain. But it was one of the first real "Intruders" in history, the Northrop A-17 being a direct modification of this aircraft, both serving as a basic design for the epoch-making Dauntless.
Notes:
This aircraft has flaps, use them wisely.

Update 02:
rear gunner added
Rear canopy, machine gun and belly bomber turret deploying when enemy is near by

This aircraft is the last of this pack of SCW two-seaters (though in a few days, I'll upload another aircraft, that is not really a two-seaters but somehow finds its place with this pack). 

https://www.mediafire.com/?n2ns2scep286j2c

air ini:

Gamma2A5B   air.Gamma2A5B      NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER

Plane_ru.properties:

Gamma2A5B   Grumman Gamma 5B, 1936

Weapons_ru.properties:

####################################################################
# Gamma2A5B
#####################################################################
Gamma2A5B.default                                  Default
Gamma2A5B.1xFAB250+4xFAB100                1 FAB250 + 4 FAB100
Gamma2A5B.3xFAB250                               3 FAB250
Gamma2A5B.6xFAB100                               6 FAB100
Gamma2A5B.1xFAB500                               1 FAB500
Gamma2A5B.none                                      None

This mod is for 4.10 and has been tested on SAS modact and DBW 1.7
This package is freeware.
This software may be freely used, copied and distributed with the following restrictions:
1) the present post must be included as a "Readme" text file.
2) DO NOT place these files anywhere that requires a fee for downloading.
3) DO NOT place any of these files in any commercial package or any CD collection without the authors consent.

Original 3dModel, Java Files, FM: Dreamk
Skins and template: Agracier

Theses files should not cause any problems with your computer, but we accept no responsibility if you think it does.

Thanks to Oleg Maddox and Qtim for creating Il2 and opening the gates to Mod creation, to Kumpel for his matrix tool, and thanks to SAS for enabling modders to share their knowledge on Il2 modding.
                                Create!

Edited by SAS~Epervier with permission from the author!

Update01 :
   - pilot-player dead (Gamma2A5B)
   - gunner dead (Northropxyz)
   - correction positions bombs
   - correction FMD (undercarriage 0)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: Northrop Gamma 5B Ready to DL
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:11:09 AM »

And here's a link to a template.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,26151.0.html

And my two cents worth - this plane is really fun to fly. Not a biplane so it has better visibility, but it's not any agile plane turning loops and spinning on a pin either. In spite of these apparent shortcomings, it has a great feel and seems to fit in perfectly with all other SCW era planes ...

It needs more skins and more work to the template, but that will sort itself out in the coming weeks I am sure ...

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »

My god Dreamk you are an absolute machine! Will you ever rest or will that only happen when every aircraft of SCW is in game?

Well done mate, another fine looking release :) We could almost do a 'DBW1936' package for all your SCW machines

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:22:58 AM »

My god Dreamk you are an absolute machine! Will you ever rest or will that only happen when every aircraft of SCW is in game?

Well done mate, another fine looking release :) We could almost do a 'DBW1936' package for all your SCW machines

I wish somebody with the proper knowledge would do a SCW 1936 pack only, or perhaps set up a proper reduced air.ini ... I am not certain which of the standard planes can safely be deleted from the air.ini without affecting newer planes, but if this could be done somewhat like the new DBW 1916 version with an increase in performance, it would be very handy.

Of course, there would be some standard planes that would need to be retained like the G-50, early bf-109, Ju-87, ju-52 etc ... and simply disabling air.ini entries is not the way to do this I think.

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 02:39:51 AM »

Totally agree with Agracier and SAS~Anto! A DBW1936 style package would be a great bonus, allowing everyone to download all these fantastic machines in one handy download.

Oh and congrats on another amazing aircraft Dreamk!

S.H.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 02:58:41 AM »

+1 for a dedicated DBW pack with planes, weapons and maps. Perhaps it will also be easier for other modders to help if it is a controlled environment and not scattered downloads.
Of courses for us end users, it would be the cherry on this great cake  8)

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:07:20 AM »

Maybe, just maybe, sometime in the future Vpmedia might work his magic on this like he did on the DBW1916 pack? Couple that with some of Max's skins and I reckon that would take us close to SCW Heaven! :)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »

Aside from Dreamk's many planes, there is a wealth of other planes that would fit nicely into a 1936 or Interbellum pack - P-26, Fokker DXXI, Letov, R-5, I-15, I-16, Ju-52, ju-87, PWS-10, PWS-24, Cant Z501, HS-123, SM-79, G-50, Junkers F13, Do-17, He-111, SB-2M, DB-2M, Lublin R-XIII, Trimotor, Swordfish, Ki-10 and so on ...

I bet the whole listing would be much larger than for 1916 proper.

Tofolo

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 03:46:52 AM »

Although it's WIP, there's already a SCW ultrapack 3 - UtraSpain (link in spanish). AFAIK, it will include all SCW maps (even a new one still in developement process), planes, even specific armor and ships, and spanish radio coms.

I hope its creator will post something when it's finished, but as long as DreamK is posting a new plane per day...hehehe it'll take some time.

BTW, really nice plane, i'll never get tired of thanking you this magnificent work!

(sorry for the big image, I don't know how to resize it)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 04:42:31 AM »

I've been fooling around with a 1936 listing as well, but I have no real knowledge of how it should be done to maximize speed and playability. I have had fun with start-up screens though, trying to find something for both sides ...

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »

DreamK exist any chance you can add a rear gunner so we can use the plane as the Chinese Gamma please?

Joberg

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 10:00:13 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.