Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 222   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW 1916 update v4 (UPDATED! 29.03.2019)  (Read 442197 times)

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
Re: DBW 1916 update v2.1 (UPDATED! 15.03)
« Reply #1368 on: April 29, 2013, 11:48:59 PM »

Excellent work Max !  :D

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
« Reply #1369 on: April 30, 2013, 12:11:39 AM »

I have to agree with the praise for VP, Max and every other modder who has continued to help develop DBW 1916 into something very special. From the early franken mods we saw to what we have now is an incredible achievement and proves that we are lucky to have such a wealth of talent who continue to create such work.

I am constantly amazed by what keeps being added to this collection and feel that sometimes "thank you" doesn't seem enough for all the hours of work that go into each and every mod. I will say it again to all involved though - a massive thank you and I can only muse in wonderment at what we may see come out next.

Now, if some one could create a mod that would give me more hours in a day to allow me the time I need to play I would be very happy... :D

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #1370 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »

Now, if some one could create a mod that would give me more hours in a day to allow me the time I need to play I would be very happy... :D

+1  ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

pippin

« Reply #1371 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:41 AM »

Max you are a master artist!

Ian

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #1372 on: April 30, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »

Thank you, I am happy you enjoy the preview screenshots. The Zeppelin-Staaken is not finished just yet.
I still need to add some more details to the wings and some other little things. It is very dificult to find
the correct cockpit instruments, but I am doing the best that I can. I would like to have some things in my
game to be as close to the real things as possible. Along the way I have learned quite alot about this
magnificent bomber. One of the most advanced aircraft in its day.

I found this forum website a few months back and I am posting here the link because
it provides alot of great pictures , airplane profiles as well as some very rare photos and information.
http://www.zonamilitar.com.ar/foros/threads/aeronaves-de-la-primera-guerra-mundial-%E2%80%9Cla-gran-ausente-en-el-foro%E2%80%9D.28471/

Grab all you can , and use the information to paint your skins and create your future WW1 projects.
Always make sure to double check on the airplane your working on, because some information may
not be entirelly 100% correct. It is always good to learn and double-check information on some new things about
 these airplanes you are flying and painting  ;) The great thing about flying WW1 or WW2 aircraft is also
to learn more about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I need YOUR help...

I canĀ“t find the WW1 tents and some other objects inside my game. Can anyone help me on this matter?
I want to extract them , paint them and place them back into the game.
The reason is, I am not 100% happy with some of the objects we have at the moment. I would like
to take a few days and paint some more realistic looking objects (such as those WW1 tents) for our game.
Alot of things look just too clean and brand new and too bright colored. I want a more used look to them.
More realistic textures and paints.

I notice there is also a need to see a few houses painted with their roofs partly destroyed to add a more realistic
feeling to the villages we see on the villages. Some of the houses look too brand new to my eyes. They should have
a look to them as if they are under construction (with roofs being fixed) or merely a look to them as if a
previous aerial attack destroyed a little bit the house roof and the walls. More realistic textures is my next objective!

If you can help me out, I am sure you will also like some of the things I will be creating for your game too.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #1373 on: April 30, 2013, 02:42:17 PM »

Look in hangers in the objects. WWI I think. In my DBW thats the only WWI tents that I have seen although I admit I havent had time to make any missions to really find them all.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Boomer

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #1374 on: April 30, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »

Pm sent Max  ;)

I have all the default WWI objects handy that you see on the Western Front and Somme,
with all the objects sorted out that Istvan has re-skinned already in his Map and Building upgrade package
So you could pick and choose objects that have not been skinned yet from default

Thanks for the link,cool site   :)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #1375 on: April 30, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »

Thanks so much guys  I really apreciate your helping hand. I hate wasting so much time searching for
these things or it will set me back a couple of hours or even days , while I could already have them painted for you to
enjoy in your games. Since you guys have helped so much to make these models and wonderful things, the least
I can do is also to contribute and share with you some eye-candy for your games an pleasure, as I have been doing for
 these past many years.
How long has it been now? Six or 8 years modding the IL2+mods? Damn  :P ... there is still so much that needs to be done. But I
do believe its coming along just fine.

I really like those buildings and other objects which were painted by VPmedia and other artists in the
past, so I will not be touching them. They look superb! Although, there are so many other objects that still need to be
textured and painted to look much better and have not been done yet. Those are the ones I want to select from the list
of "needs to be done" and "needs to look more realistic".

OK, here is another wip screenshot from that giant bomber I am still working on.
I tried to land on top of it with my Fokker  ;D

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

<Gunny>

« Reply #1376 on: April 30, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »

And the bombers answer was   " Get out of here you little Fokker"

RAF209_Benge

• Come and Check us out
    • RAF 209 Squadron Drome
« Reply #1377 on: April 30, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

It would be cool if all the little towns in "no man's land" were decimated instead of looking so new and spiffy at the start of every campaign. But I don t know if that is even possible with out a great deal of work.

David Prosser

« Reply #1378 on: April 30, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »

I'm sure these skins will fly off the d/l site Max.

cheers

David Prosser

SAS~Boomer

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #1379 on: April 30, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »

It would be cool if all the little towns in "no man's land" were decimated instead of looking so new and spiffy at the start of every campaign. But I don t know if that is even possible with out a great deal of work.

Mission builders simply need to use the destruction brush in Mission builder,it works really good
and takes but a few seconds

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 222   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.