Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam version IL, no mods work.  (Read 12924 times)

hawkeye

Steam version IL, no mods work.
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »

Just a question about the DL version on STEAM, I`m sure I`m not the only one who has a copy, none of the mods work all I can get is the vanilla.

I do have the DVD version but I recently upgraded to windows7 64  and the DVD version is not compatible once I`ve dropped in the Uber1.6 and the AAA mods, even with compatibly options on.

Boy do I miss the high gore and the Ricochet mods....and the rest.

IL stabs does work though but is limited to the options withing the application, although I can get the res up to 1920x1080 which makes IL beautiful.

But it`s really the mods and how I can, by using the JSME, maybe, that I can have the mods in operation.

Anyone who knows or has an any ideas.

Peace

Roger Smith

• "Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty" -Big O Boot up message
  • HgZ? He's just another Jason Beck
Re: Steam version IL, no mods work.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »

what do you mean the DVD is not compatible with W7 64bit? I use W7 64bit. Aren't the AAA mods outdated? Most people use DBW and UP now. there's a Ricochet mod for V4.101

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »

you just wasted money.
the DVD version is compatible with W64, xcept you do not run the setup.exe but the a.exe - that is the only difference.
and with the good old nocd, there is not even a need for a disk in the dvd player.

everything works. not "should" work, but effectively works...

?

Roger Smith

• "Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty" -Big O Boot up message
  • HgZ? He's just another Jason Beck
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »

you just wasted money.
oh well, live and learn.

Just go ahead and install the DVD version using "a.exe" in the disk and come back and browse/ask around about the mods

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »

Just a question about the DL version on STEAM, I`m sure I`m not the only one who has a copy, none of the mods work all I can get is the vanilla.

I do have the DVD version but I recently upgraded to windows7 64  and the DVD version is not compatible once I`ve dropped in the Uber1.6 and the AAA mods, even with compatibly options on.

Boy do I miss the high gore and the Ricochet mods....and the rest.

IL stabs does work though but is limited to the options withing the application, although I can get the res up to 1920x1080 which makes IL beautiful.

But it`s really the mods and how I can, by using the JSME, maybe, that I can have the mods in operation.

Anyone who knows or has an any ideas.

Peace

hold up there!
i use win 7 64 bit and il2 works fine.
on another note, i believe there was a fix for DL versions.
here it is:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1531.0.html
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

hawkeye

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »

The reason I bought the Steam version was because the DVD didn't work with W7 64.

I lose more than $4 running for the bus.

I`ve always run the DVD from the a.exe but once installed I get the securom no disc and can't get round it.

Howanever, thanks for the replies.

Peace.

dinosaurJR

• Extinct
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »

Good point, 1946 is bloody cheap these days (I think I paid 9,99€ for it about 18 months ago)...

I have the Steam version of IL-2, running on W7 64bit home premium. I have no problems at all. I even have IL-2 installed in the programfiles(x86) folder, which everyone says is a no no, but what can I say, it works for me... I have three separate installs and a 4.09 vanilla back up, just in case... The story that Steam does not let you have modded IL-2 is a myth. Straight up. It really depends on your set up and the settings you run W7 in. What are they? I have no idea - it just worked straight out of the box for me.

Try copy / pasting your IL-2 root folder (with everything in it) directly to C:This has proven to be a help to others in your situation.

viking3206

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:58 PM »

im a noob when it comes to modding in il2 i did figure how to patch it to 4.11 but i have no idea how to install any mods i am using steam version

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »

you need this little thing to get started ;)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1531.msg16863.html#msg16863

please spend an hour or two around the essentials and the mod section, and you will be fine and less confused.

:)

dinosaurJR

• Extinct
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 01:23:17 AM »

im a noob when it comes to modding in il2 i did figure how to patch it to 4.11 but i have no idea how to install any mods i am using steam version

In addition to the above (sorry, I forgot to mention you need the direct2drive patch), it is worth knowing that the actual file structure for IL-2 is exactly the same (apart from two minor folders, one for the cache for online skins and another for the saving of QMB missions - you'll have to see elsewhere for the fix for that, but it really is as easy as making a new folder in the relevant place and giving it the right name)). The main difference is that the IL-2 folder is hidden waaay down in your Steam folders. something like;

C/program files(x86) (if you run a 64 bit OS)/steam/common/steamapps/IL-2

So, yeah - it really is moddable and it is not any different to modding the non - steam version. The file structure is the same and you don't need any other tools or anything special, other than the direct2drive patch which is a cinch to install. Then you only need to follow the instructions given by the individual mod author.

VMF214_Jupp

• Been there, broke that.
    • VMF214 Blacksheep
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 07:41:24 AM »

Steam does not have the Quicks, NetCache, and cache folders which are on the DVD version of the Sim.

Create a new folder for each of them and insert them in the Steam directories that are similar to the standard install.

(There is nothing in the folder. It is just an empty folder with the names I highlighted in blue that need to be put in the correct location for things to work properly.)

Standard DVD Install:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Quicks - (The v4.11m Patch should add this missing folder. Any version prior to v4.11m you will need to add it manually.)
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\NetCache
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\cache

You will need to put them in the correct Steam directory for them to work.

The capitalization or lack of capitalization of the folder name is important too.

The Quicks folder is where the sim keeps the Quick Missions that you save. If you don't have the folder there is no place for you to save the QMB missions. If you don't use the QMB save feature you won't miss it until you want to use it.

The NetCache folder is where the sim initially keeps the skins that are used for an .ntrk video or the skin someone uses during online play. If you don't have the folder there is no place to save the skin and any .ntrk made without having that folder will not use the correct skin during playback. IIRC, It uses the default skin.

The cache folder is where the sim keeps the multiplayer Missions. If you don't have this folder you can't read the briefings for a multiplayer game.

viking3206

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »

thanks for the help guys
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 27 queries.