Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Kuban map retextured, retowned, revillaged  (Read 52682 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Kuban map retextured, retowned, revillaged
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »

Cyberolas:

I also use Forest=3.. :D-maybe I was just too far zoomed out, I will check this wonderful map again later.

Cheers

Tom

Hm, look good. I have the same question like for cgagan:
Do you have Forest=3 in conf.ini?
I don´t see any trees in towns. Or it is large scale of view and I really don´t see any trees in game, isn´t it? Trees in towns is generated from actors.static file.

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:25 PM »

Kuban's textures are darker than Crimea ones. I'm using those from kuban in Crimea map: more better appeal!!

Even better with BumpH!

Two great maps

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »

Regarding trees...3 new shots from one hour earlier at 16.00, 2nd and third shot show the trees..I say it is related to the altitude and zoom factor..a great map. Also very nice inland. ;)

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:55 AM »

Most (~80%) have the same name, size as the Kuban RRR textures,
but are "lighter" and .. there was a mod with bump files for this by Uufflakke:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16373.msg180728.html#msg180728

What I tried is: I use this textures and the bump files in Kuban RRR now, works OK.
Whats your oppinion about this, cyberolas, Uufflakke?

I haven't tried out the bumph files on this map yet.
I bumpmapped several other maps and it adds a certain kind of depth to textures.
The effects can be very suprising.
Creating bumph files are easy to create, I made a step by step 'tutorial' here for those who are interested:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,15200.msg169577.html#msg169577
To make it fit to your personal taste it takes some experimenting and tweaking.
Personally I prefer the more extreme values for bumph files.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »

Has anyone tried if normal maps work for terrains?

In the case of water textures, there is a "Dot3" suffix after the filename and index number, as in "WaterNoise00Dot3.tga", for the normal map files. Normal maps would, possibly, have a few advantages compared to bump maps - the most important one being that they would not displace the surface, whereas a BumpH map will move the surface up or down which might result in a strange situation where the collision mesh is not exactly where the terrain surface is rendered.

I noticed this with my water mod (more pronounced than with stock water), but it isn't really a problem there since seaplanes float in the water rather than on top of it. With terrain it could be a very potent annoyance (I'm thinking of landing gear sinking in the ground or floating on top of it).

Actually now that I think about it, you can prevent the floating issue by never using colour darker than 50% grey (#808080 in hexcode) in the elevation map. And landing gear sinking to the ground might actually be useful in some cases, since it would look like the aircraft is on soft terrain - if only we had a way of making sure that the resistance is also appropriately increased in those locations, which would mean the aircraft would stop very fast (and probably rip its gear off or at least cause substantial damage).

This would be analogous to gravel traps used in modern airfields, which are installed for the explicit purpose of slowing down heavy aircraft that have landed long or veered off the runway. They are very efficient in bleeding energy. However I suspect such physics change cannot be easily done...

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »

Uufflakke

Is there any chance you could upload all the Bumph files you have created for the various maps please?

Very much appreciated if you could

regards

slipper

too-cool

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »

I'm unable to save .ntrk with this mod, is that normal or did I screw something up in the install process?  Thanks TC

cyberolas

• Modder
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 12:24:41 AM »

Hm, I have no experience with saving ntrk. But I have experience with problems of saving mission in campaign (for example in Thailand map). Maybe is it similar. Try universal static.ini checker. Maybe you don´ t have some object in map. Most of object is default, but two hangars is from HANGAR MOD. It is very old mod and if you use ultrapack or HFSX, you must have it.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »

Dear heavenly Mr. Cyberolas,

Sir,

I'll thank you very much for the Kuban_RRR mapmod...!

GREATFUL!  ;D

PERFECT!  ;D

GENIAL!  ;D

WONDERFUL!  ;D

Regards, Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

too-cool

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 03:54:37 AM »

Hm, I have no experience with saving ntrk. But I have experience with problems of saving mission in campaign (for example in Thailand map). Maybe is it similar. Try universal static.ini checker. Maybe you don´ t have some object in map. Most of object is default, but two hangars is from HANGAR MOD. It is very old mod and if you use ultrapack or HFSX, you must have it.
Ok, I found the missing objects, it was the hangar like you mentioned, now do I locate them in the full.ini and add the two lines to my static.ini or do I have to find the hangar mod and install it? Also are the missing line added to the bottom of the static.ini?  Thanks TC

cyberolas

• Modder
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 05:30:52 AM »

Yes, you must find hangar mod and instal it. Added lines to static. ini is one of steps instalation.

badderger

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

cyberalos>>>Just compared the two maps and this is an awesome improvement over original...but???...question??? Why didn't you include the files from link on page two of this thread and also have an all.ini readme included with download. Then it would be a complete and goof-proof mod...simple-pimple...anyway, thanks a whole-kuban for this! :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.