Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Freeware: Our own Grapevine of the Best there is  (Read 15106 times)

Tute

Re: Freeware: Our own Grapevine of the Best there is
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »

In this page, You just tick the boxes of whatever You want to install, very good after formatting: http://ninite.com/

Ectoflyer

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 06:49:40 AM »

Add-on for Mozilla Firefox internet browser

from site:
"Does your country/organization block you from facebook, youtube or others?
Is the service you want unavailable in your country?
Stealthy is the solution for you"

you can make like if your connection comes from another part of the world

https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/stealthy/

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »

CPU-Control is a small yet powerful software solution designed to boost performance of multi-core systems,
setting up the processes to run on separate processors.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/CPU-Tweak/CPU-Control.shtml

Regards

Ray Astro

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 06:17:43 AM »

Orbiter is a free and realistic space flight simulation program for the Windows PC.

Fed up with space games that insult your intelligence and violate every law of physics? Orbiter is a simulator that gives you an idea what space flight really feels like - today and in the not so distant future. And best of all: you can download it for free!

Launch the Space Shuttle from Kennedy Space Center and rendezvous with the International Space Station.
    Recreate historic flights with addon spacecraft packages: Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Vostok and more.
    Plan interplanetary slingshots and tour the solar system with futuristic space craft.
    Design your own rockets, or download addons created by other users.
    Learn about the concepts of space flight and orbital mechanics by playing and experimenting.

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/index.html

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 06:56:29 AM »

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.classicshell.net/

JAMF

• P-38 Fan
    • P-38 Cockpit Mod Download
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »

Name: PaintNET
Description: Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows XP and higher. Paint.NET was jointly developed at Washington State University with additional help from Microsoft, and is meant to be a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with all Windows operating systems. The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#, with GDI+ extensions. It has many of the powerful features that expensive commercial applications have, including the ability to use layers.
Functionality: If you don't need all the tweaking options of the big graphic apps, this might be what you are looking for.
Download from: http://www.getpaint.net/download.html
PSD Plugin for the skin templates: http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/

Not just CCleaner is good to have. Piriform has more tools:

Name: Recuva
Description: Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player.
Functionality: Undelete files you feared lost.

Name: Speccy
Description: Speccy is an advanced System Information tool for your PC. Need to find out what's inside your computer? No problem! Speccy will give you all the information you need.
Functionality: What was that hardware in my system again?

Name: Defraggler
Description: Use Defraggler to defrag your entire hard drive, or individual files - unique in the industry. This compact and portable Windows application supports NTFS and FAT32 file systems. (Defragging shouldn't be done on SSDs.)
Functionality: Defrag storage to line up files for faster access.

Heroflex

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »

I'm a lowly PC technician and avid PC gamer. Here's my 'bestof' freeware, I use all of this myself (I'm new so can't post links though, sorry.)

rkill - real time sweep and stop of malicious processes running on your machine. First step in any effective malware sweep/removal.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - very powerful malware scanner.  Untick 'Enable free pro trial' to prevent nagging when the trial runs out and keep free version. Always use Custom scan option and tick 'Scan for rootkits'

HitmanPro Free - Second opinion rootkit scanner.

Cryptoprevent - attempts to secure a system from catching a cryptolocker virus by blocking it writing files to certain folders.

Unchecky - got a family member that keeps installing bundled junk? You need Unchecky! It unchecks boxes during software installs forcing the user to read which selection they want.

AdwCleaner - an anti-malware scanner that targets specifically your browsers and their associated directories. Quick, thorough, requires a restart to complete cleaning. Especially useful for browser hijacks and babylon toolbaresque smuggleware.

Avast Free Antivirus - good detection rates, tiny resource footprint, completely stealth when in Silent/Gaming mode. Does intercept and quarantine incoming exe downloads that it deems very suspicious. Intuitive and snappy GUI.

Adblock Plus/Ublock - block annoying ads, amazingly serene webz can be yours!
Browser extensions
                     Ghostery - blocks more ads, and trackers, and cookies, and popups

JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) - similar in concept to adwcleaner this roots around in your installs, tells what is possibly dodgy shite letting you decide what you want to remove. Which brings us to...

Proper Uninstallers: There's a few for max coverage.

Revo Uninstaller - the definitive deep uninstaller, performs a standard uninstall then deep scans the system for remaining files, folders and registry hooks then gives you the option to delete them all. Very useful when certain installs go wrong.

IOBit Uninstaller - same deal as Revo but this ones deep scan is not quite as thorough, still great though. Where this app is super important is that it can uninstall 64bit programs, which Revo free can not. Essential tool.

DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) - excellent tool for completely uninstalling and scrubbing your graphics drivers so you can do a fresh up to date driver install. Can yield boosts to FPS, your mileage may vary

TikiOne SteamCleaner - scans your Steam directories and their dependencies for duplicate runtime installations. Can save you several GB!

Everyone knows CCleaner but for a much more powerful all-in-one cleaner/optimizer look no further than..

Advanced Systemcare by IOBit software - fully configurable to perform: Registry fix, Junk file clean, Privacy sweep, Internet boost, Shortcut fix, Registry defrag, System optimisation, Security audit, Disk Scan, Vulnerability fix (downloads latest windows updates and     some others), Disk Optimisation (TRIM/Defrag) - all at once or individually, can set and forget to autorepair, or review the results. Can also set to shut down PC when finished it's work. I've been using this for years and really does keep a windows machine snappy and happy. 

On the subject of display drivers

Nvidia Inspector - A powerful driver interface tool which allows you to fine tune how your graphics card handles a particular game. many settings to tweak. Think of it as Nvidia Control Panel ++

RadeonPro - Same deal as above for AMD cards.

MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner et al - idiot proof graphics card overclocking with tons of useful realtime hardware telemetry, should be used in conjunction with...

Furmark - GPU stress testing app, intuitive GUI, many settings, gives the GPU a really good workout so you can watch the temps on that previous overclock ;D There's a similar tool for CPU overclocking called...

prime95 - batters the CPU like it's Theon Greyjoy, watch those CPU temps on...

HW-Monitor - Monitors and relays via a simple display interface various hardware telemetry, most importantly, temps

memtest86/64 - RAM integrity test

WiNToBootic - Hands down the greatest app for mounting windows install discs onto bootable USB stick.

Yumi - Install multiple linux distros to one USB stick

Hirens Boot CD - Compilations of tools that can be mounted and booted directly from, at start up, to attempt repairs on a broken OS or simply retrieve files from it.

WinDirStat/TreeSize free - see in detail on a graphed interface where and how big files are across all system drives and storage.

NT Password - reset, change and bypass windows password

Borderless Gaming - allows you to go Borderless Windowed in games that don't natively support it.

WSGF - Widescreen gaming fixer - custom resolutions and aspect ratios for many games lacking native support

Reshade/Master Effect Reborn/Sweetfx 2.0 - post processing shader injection, includes FXAA and SMAA, lots of effects, can drastically improve the look of your game with little or no performance hit. I've made a sweetfx profile for IL2 1946, it's the only one on the sweetfx settings database, check it out! http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3906/

QBittorrent - lightwieght and fast, essential now since utorrent is kill

FRAPS - for me, still the best for high quality screenshots and basic fps monitoring. Lossless video recording is good but badly optimised. For that use...

OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) - many people live streaming on yt and twitch are using this and for good reason, it's encodes in h264(CPU) or Quicksync(Intel iGPU) or NVENC (Nvidia GPU encoding) and is super efficient. You can set it up to record locally at an even higher bitrate too, results in my opinion are stellar if you can push a strong CPU hard with your settings taking care not to harm framerate while capturing. Quality is good cut above Shadowplay and even exceeds FRAPS at times.

MEGAsync - you know you can get 50GB of 'use how you like' cloud storage at MEGA right? Well if you put up large single files or try to download them the browser will struggle and they will eventually fail. The MEGAsync app solves this by creating a folder and using it's own download manager to transfer the file. I found it useful when I put C.U.P. in a single 32GB zip.

CrystalDiskMark - info and benchmarking of your drives

VirtualCloneDrive - simple disc mounting utility

PowerISO/DaemonTools Lite - more feature rich and powerful disc image conversion and mounting

Sandboxie - Quickly and easily run browsers and applications in a sandbox, useful for security reasons

SumatraPDF - reads a bewildering array of mobile text and book formats,lightweight

Teamviewer - remote control application allowing you to fix your moms PC from the far side of the world!

It's late now but if I think of anything else I'll come back.

Hope some of this is useful to someone.

o7

Heroflex

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »

I'm new here  ;)

Heroflex

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 08:21:51 PM »

Hey me too!

Heroflex

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 08:22:51 PM »

Shut up you two! The rest of us are trying to think...

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 08:26:25 PM »

Hello Heroflex,

welcome on SAS!

Best regards, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Heroflex

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 08:37:13 PM »

Thanks you sir!

Ross
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 29 queries.