Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 100   Go Down

Author Topic: Gurner FX 4.3  (Read 332769 times)

andqui

• Modder
Re: Gurner FX 4.3
« Reply #1056 on: November 01, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »

I've cobbled together a version that works. There are some classes I left out, because 4.12 already includes some new effects and I couldn't figure them out, but I updated what I could, including the distance mod, and it works nicely and looks great. I'd upload it, but I don't know what sort of permissions I would need, and someone more experienced with the code could probably have updated it more completely than I did.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #1057 on: November 01, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »

andqui, PM one of the SAS~Admins to see if they will upgrade your Member status!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Fil

« Reply #1058 on: November 01, 2013, 08:34:38 AM »

I've cobbled together a version that works. There are some classes I left out, because 4.12 already includes some new effects and I couldn't figure them out, but I updated what I could, including the distance mod, and it works nicely and looks great. I'd upload it, but I don't know what sort of permissions I would need, and someone more experienced with the code could probably have updated it more completely than I did.

Lucky Man!
I stay  in the same sadness, about the future is not possible to apply the mod Gurner!

andqui

• Modder
« Reply #1059 on: November 01, 2013, 12:54:17 PM »

What would be the best place to upload/host it? I haven't uploaded a mod before and don't have an account at a filesharing/hosting website?

andqui

• Modder
« Reply #1060 on: November 01, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »

https://www.mediafire.com/download/xu3d3vd023g3xya/Gurner_FX_for_HSFX7.rar

Ok, here is my version of Gurner's effects updated for HSFX7. It should probably work in regular 4.12 as well. The distance mod is included. Again, it's not perfect. but it works until someone with more experience than me puts together a more complete version. Anyways, try it out, I hope it works for everyone.

PA_Willy

« Reply #1061 on: November 01, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »

Smokes and fires I see on your pics are default in HSFX7. They are not from Gurners mod. However, flak explosion is like GurnerĀ“s one.

I will check distance mod etc.

Thank you.

andqui

• Modder
« Reply #1062 on: November 01, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »

Smokes and fires I see on your pics are default in HSFX7. They are not from Gurners mod. However, flak explosion is like GurnerĀ“s one.

I will check distance mod etc.

Thank you.

Yeah I just used the unaltered 3do and effects folders from Gurner's mod without any modifications and updated the classes that came with it where I could see what the changes where. 4.12 introduced substantial effects changes on its own, which made some of the code difficult to compare- in some instances TD seemed to have implemented a sort of effects randomization, which would explain why some of the effects like the smoke/fire you mentioned would be skipped occasionally. The fire does vary, usually you see the thick black smoke/flames like the ones in the pictures, sometimes you get a bit of flame that just becomes thick smoke, and sometimes you get bright flames with much less smoke, I don't know enough about the different IL2 versions to tell what comes from what.

El_Marta

• Dedicated Bomber Squadron [DBS]
« Reply #1063 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:54 AM »

Thx a lot!
I put PAL's smokes and tracers on top of it.

jds1978

« Reply #1064 on: November 02, 2013, 01:06:05 PM »

Thanks for your work. 

However, I have a problem.....my older computer and vid card do not seem to like some of the explosions (it won't render the textures...possibly too big)

could you pack a version that only re-works the tracers and the flak bursts?

andqui

• Modder
« Reply #1065 on: November 02, 2013, 03:56:24 PM »

Thanks for your work. 

However, I have a problem.....my older computer and vid card do not seem to like some of the explosions (it won't render the textures...possibly too big)

could you pack a version that only re-works the tracers and the flak bursts?

No, sorry, but you can easily do that yourself by removing all of the class files and all of the effects that you don't want. There are no code changes for the tracers or the flak, so all the class files can go if those are the only things that you are after.

jds1978

« Reply #1066 on: November 02, 2013, 04:18:22 PM »

OK....thx for the reply  ;D

I've removed all the class files, leaving just a '3DO' and an 'Effects' folder......If I just wanted the flak effect and the tracers (plus tracer smoke) what files should I keep.

I apologize for being a hassle as I mostly just play HSFX vanilla and have limited experience with individual modding  :-[

andqui

• Modder
« Reply #1067 on: November 03, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »

Files/Effects/Explodes/Air/Zenitka and Files/3do/effects/tracers, though there might be some other textures involved, I only updated the code for the mod and didn't make the graphical part.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 100   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 28 queries.