Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Share a screen Cliffs over Dover  (Read 114487 times)

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
Re: Share a screen Cliffs over Dover
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 03:26:16 AM »

now, i *need* badly to fly a defiant.. but maybe i have just the moving tanget attitude.. and maybe the same reason makes me desperate for a Mk.I early hurricane in CloD..

of course, i'm glad i've purchase it with 80% discount under christmas sales.. it's almost decent patched but the road seems looooooong to me..

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

now, i *need* badly to fly a defiant.. but maybe i have just the moving tanget attitude.. and maybe the same reason makes me desperate for a Mk.I early hurricane in CloD..

of course, i'm glad i've purchase it with 80% discount under christmas sales.. it's almost decent patched but the road seems looooooong to me..

There are a series of wartime instructional shorts done for the RAF during the war , one of which describes the duties of a Defiant gunner( loading guns , maintanance of the turret etc.)on a dvd now available thru the RAF Museum. Trust me- this is one position you'd never want to be in.I doubt if one in ten gunners ever made it out from a disabled Defiant.First the turret needed to be turned in exactly the right position to free the turret hatch ( door?) Then the gunner needed to struggle into his parachute.The pilot- the poor sod....no guns to fire , his sole pupose was to try to do line ups on EA so that somehow his gunner could get a shot.Really no fun either in real life or real sim life.
  As to flying the Defiant ( ok I would try it too...) there is little to no chance it will be a flyable in the near future.From what i've read further developement of CloD is on undefinate hold until the Eastern Front version is up & running.It may be that some day 3rd part modders will take this bird & make it flyable , but I can only imagine that 4 gun turret will be difficult to do up to the standard of the rest of the interiors in the sim.Itwould have to be a labor of love,even if it was a mod of the Wellington turret , which need I say would be another labor of love...sigh...

bolox

• Modder
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf4_1320784890
Gun turret drill
first half Welli 2nd half Defiant

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bf4_1320784890
Gun turret drill
first half Welli 2nd half Defiant
Yes! These are them!

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »

D: i've changed my mind..  where is my 333sq. f-22?

wonder from what crack pipe Air Ministry burocrats were smoking when F9/35 specific was launched..

btw raw CloD developement analysis dietz, but you're absolutely right

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
  • angle computing gunsights
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »

it was an old world war 1 idea that the old salts thought would be perfect for modern air combat
and this was the main problem that Sidney Camm had to contend with when trying to pass off the hurricane to the air ministry

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28:36 PM »

Straying a bit further OT:
I really love one of the CfU ( Concept for Use...a term that probably didn't exist then , but anyhow..)the Ministry of Defense had , or was it the RAF struggling to figure out what to do with this ...uh...unique aircraft. The Defiants were supposed to fly parallel to the hords of Heinkles just out of thier MG range & then ( and this is the fun part..) broadside them with the power of their 4 Brownings ( seriously I am not sure about the deflection problems at speed ...physics was never a good subject for me..) A tactic more akin to Nelson & the Royal Navy than the Royal Flying Corps. It musta been some real fun just before death if any one in those doomed Defianr squadrons ever got the chance...that is before they found themselves slightly within the range of the bombers guns or before they were riddled by amazed Messerschmitt pilots who found targets of straight , slow flying Defiants. Well if they ever are flyable we can all get the chance to try it....once... :-[
p.s. I wonder if they had a plan about "crossing the 'T"!?Gettin in position to do this would be really tough!

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »

originally it was brilliant as German pilots who dived on it were shot down and didn't know why. When they realised the switched to attacking from below as was practised on the eastern front with later IL2 models

LuseKofte

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »

Actually I read about a pilot from usa that valuntered in canada . He went on to fly Defiant nightfighters.
He loved that plane, he recalls it the best times of the war. And he piloted P-61 in pasific oshean, making record getting 4 kills in one sortie

ANDYTOTHED

• Modder
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2012, 02:17:31 PM »

I bet he loved his carrots  :D

thefruitbat

• http://dangerdogz.com
    • Dangerdogz
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2012, 03:58:20 PM »

8)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »

Beauty there Bat!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 38   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 26 queries.