Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: After "La Pava" (He46C1) - now the He46C2, Ready to DL  (Read 20897 times)

Dreamk

• Modder
After "La Pava" (He46C1) - now the He46C2, Ready to DL
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »

There is photographic evidence for at least one He46C2 serving in Spain with cowling and wheel spats (tha were to become typical of the later variants of He46) and an italian type spotted camo. Such a simple modification that i could not resist. Here it is:
1) download the archive at
http://ifolder.ru/27689588
or
https://www.mediafire.com/?wajfrcai6ssbyat

2) expand it in your He46 folder (you must have installed the main He46 mod - I just added the java file, teh necessary meshes and specific hier.him and a new default skin folder instead of teh on epresent in the original He46)

2) add to your ini file
He46C2      air.He46C2     NOINFO   g01  SUMMER

3) create a skin folder named He46C2

4) you can also add to the plane_ru.properties file the following line:
He46C2                   He 46C-2, 1936

enjoy

The FM is identical to the original He46 FM  - historically there was almost no difference - the airplane flew anyway as a flying laundry machine at full spin....heavy with a lot of vibration - but starngely suited to its task.

Enjoy....

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: After "La Pava" (He46C1) - now the He46C2, Ready to DL
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »

Woua ! Thank you very much !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »

Thanks for this nice variant! I've now updated my fix pack to be fully compatible with her.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20345.msg220025.html#msg220025

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »

very good fix, Birdman - thanks!

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »

Wow ... 2 new SCW planes in 24 hours. Very well done ...

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:53:01 PM »

Many thanks again, and to you Birdman!  8)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 06:27:11 AM »

Thank you very much for C2 and for update !
I have a problem.
The wheels of the aircraft off the ground. I can not adjust them properly.
Because of this, I can not make correct stationary because the plane is 20cm from the ground!

[EDIT]
The wheels touch the ground... except for stationary planes...  :-[
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »

After flying the Ro.37bis, this plane is an instant dissapointment. One could think that a monoplane between biplanes had a good chance of survival, but it's not a plane for dogfights. Compared to Ro.37bis, it's inferior even in a dive, shaking badly.
A big thanks to Dreamk for offering such a plane, with unimpressive performance but a lot of character.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope they 'll make loads of skins for this, from poland to france to eastern front to training schools to Hs 126 hacks.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »

Well as I wrote in my introduction to the He46C1
"The He46 arrived in Spain with the legion Condor and was looked by its German pilots as a failure, due to its high vibrations and low speed, therefore swiftly passed to the Spanish Aviacion nacional. "
Its nickname "La pava" meaning "turkey" in Spanish was well fitting - a very slow, low flying plane "walking over the killing fileds".
Don't expect this plane to perform as a dive bomber or a fighter - just a reco plane and not a very good one - although one of the very few planes used by the Spanish till 1946 at least

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 09:36:25 AM »

Its nickname "La pava" meaning "turkey" in Spanish was well fitting - a very slow, low flying plane "walking over the killing fileds".

I think the nickname 'Pava' was acquired by an occurrence that I wouldn't have believed happened, were it not mentioned in Antony Beevor's history 'the Battle for Spain.'

Apparently early in the war in a town in Asturias, in the north coastal region, a garrison of insurrectionist Nationalists was surround by Republican forces. The Nationalists were very low on supplies and their co-rebels organized an airlift of food that was dropped on the besieged soldiers. It was a makeshift affair apparently in which live turkeys were tied to homemade parachutes and then dropped by hand out of planes overhead. Must have been quite a sight to see that coming down from the sky.

I surmise the planes used were the 'Pava' of He46 name normally. But I' not certain about this.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 09:51:27 AM »

This is really the kind of missions fit for las Pavas! Pinpoint dropping of supplies or bomb on a specific target, from low altitude.
When one think at the delivery of supplies to the Alcazar in Toledo by Ju52 one can appreciate the difference - the first passage was a total failure, the supplies falling ....in the other camp - teh second trial was a success but a crazy act of expert piloting with Von Moreau arriving by night in a Ju52, turning off the motors, planing towards the target (witha Ju52!  something like a flying anvil!) and pinpoint dropping the fuel keg containing with the supplies right in the middle of the Alcazar patio!

juanmalapuente

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 10:16:34 AM »

Living turkeys were used to fly down delicate supplies in Santa Maria de la Cabeza Sanctuary siege. They were living "parachutes" that could be used as fresh food later. About the supply dropping by Ju-52, they weren't too imprecise in Belchite siege, were they dropped big metal boxes (resembling coffins after defendants accounts) without any parachute, flying really low over the place. Probably they had already learned after a year of war.
This takes me back to my request to mod Ju-52 to drop supplies. I was told it already was in game but it's not in any version. It would be really useful in supplying missions of besieged scenaries, SCW and Stalingrad for instance.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 26 queries.