Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116   Go Down

Author Topic: Project DGen_mod  (Read 361150 times)

Asura

• Modder
Re: Project DGen_mod
« Reply #1344 on: July 25, 2022, 09:35:54 AM »

Hi!

Just some old questions that still occur with 2.1.0.0 ops AttackCarrier etc seems to only put 1 ship from carriers.dat into mission, and ignores other fleet group?   If I may also suggest new operation AttackWarships of a convoy mostly of Capitalships.dat.    Convoy is moving ships, Ships is static ships away from Port(truck cluster)?

I didn't quite understand the question... Please write simpler and more detailed...:)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #1345 on: July 25, 2022, 01:06:01 PM »

Hi Asura!

I'm building the DAT files for my learning campaign....a WWI campaign as I'm also building the new WWi countries....

In this process , I noticed that in some DAT files the x y coordinates are listed as 19782.56;5614.33 while in others are listed without the decimals like 89745;58472....

I believe that the most precise info should be for AF and the less for TOWNS and ZONE....but considering that , when placed , a point reference object have always the decimals....I hope that is the same if I always use in the DAT files editing the decimals coordinates....

Am I right?

I plan to use decimals coordinates mainly because in my textual editing of the DAT files , this is a quicker option than deleting the deciamls....

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1346 on: July 26, 2022, 01:04:14 AM »

The generator reads the coordinates as semicolons. You can use any option in DAT files. This is solely a matter of ease of filling.

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1347 on: July 26, 2022, 01:07:51 AM »

The generator reads the coordinates as semicolons.

The generator reads the coordinates as decimal numbers. Format - XXX.YY. If the value does not have a decimal, it will still be read as XXX.00

taly01

• MY Sim Tech
« Reply #1348 on: July 26, 2022, 01:41:15 AM »

I didn't quite understand the question... Please write simpler and more detailed...:)

I confuse myself sometimes too :)   I am doing bomber missions in pacific, ie. long distances.  The main problem is that eg. AttackConvoy at sea is not intercepting after flying long distance (eg. 300km), the ships can be hours away in sailing time.

The question is does DGen_mod use waypoint speeds from the .mis file or default ship speed?

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1349 on: July 26, 2022, 05:16:35 AM »

I confuse myself sometimes too :)   I am doing bomber missions in pacific, ie. long distances.  The main problem is that eg. AttackConvoy at sea is not intercepting after flying long distance (eg. 300km), the ships can be hours away in sailing time.

I understood the problem:) Timing will be quite problematic in this case. In convoy attack missions, the generator builds an attack route along the route of ships for some distance. You can also specify the "waiting" parameter for ships and roughly calculate the waiting time from the average speed of the aircraft.

The question is does DGen_mod use waypoint speeds from the .mis file or default ship speed?

The generator fully stores all the parameters of the object - speed, waiting, rating, etc.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #1350 on: July 26, 2022, 08:29:05 AM »

The generator reads the coordinates as semicolons.

The generator reads the coordinates as decimal numbers. Format - XXX.YY. If the value does not have a decimal, it will still be read as XXX.00

Thanks Asura!

Got it!

taly01

• MY Sim Tech
« Reply #1351 on: July 30, 2022, 12:55:41 AM »

Timing will be quite problematic in this case. In convoy attack missions, the generator builds an attack route along the route of ships for some distance.
I got it now I only use one waypoint of a shorter distance and the AttackConvoy works OK enough.

BTW is there still some hardcodes for H8K1 seaplanes? because they appear in *rescue mission even when not in my .DB!

Also PBN1 seaplane refuses to be Dutch no matter what I do? In Dgen_mod log it shows it always changes it! another hardcode?

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1352 on: August 01, 2022, 12:13:09 AM »

BTW is there still some hardcodes for H8K1 seaplanes? because they appear in *rescue mission even when not in my .DB!

You are triggered by the "replacement aircraft" algorithm, in this case, to prevent an error when creating a mission, an aircraft registered in the code is added. This happens when there is no aircraft in the DB file with the role required for the mission. All roles are in the generator instruction. For example, * rescue missions require an aircraft with the HyPatrol role, and DB does not have a single aircraft with the role. In this case, the generator adds it itself. You need to check the set of aircraft and their compliance with missions.

Also PBN1 seaplane refuses to be Dutch no matter what I do? In Dgen_mod log it shows it always changes it! another hardcode?

More details are needed. What kind of nation does a player have? What nation is the opponent? It would be nice to see more log... In the code, the nation of PBN1 is definitely not strictly indicated and there are no other restrictions. There are rules for the formation of groups for missions, if everything is indicated correctly, then you can get Dutch PBN1

taly01

• MY Sim Tech
« Reply #1353 on: August 02, 2022, 05:13:45 PM »

For example, * rescue missions require an aircraft with the HyPatrol role, and DB does not have a single aircraft with the role.
Tested with removed H8K1 from .DB, and plane/weapon.dat files, and even from PacificPlanes.txt!
Yes E13A1 in .DB and as HyPatrol, but still chooses H8K1 for any *H* in ops file!

"Solved" by using P plane type for E13A1 and defining plane roles in DGen_mod data files!

if everything is indicated correctly, then you can get Dutch PBN1
.log
Doe,John,_,1910
1 18SquadronNEI100 PBN1 None,None   
1 18SquadronNEI101 PBN1 None,None       
PlaneNationCheck: PBN1 before - Holland, after - England         ?????

.mis
[18SquadronNEI10]
  Planes 2
  Skill0 2
  skin0 $PBN_RAF_209-Sqn.bmp
  numberOn0 0
  Skill1 1
  skin1 $PBN_RAF_209-Sqn.bmp
  numberOn1 0
  Class air.PBN1
  Fuel 100
  weapons default

Really wants to remain British!

Anyhow i managed to get the Dutch skin to remain for PBN1 Dutch wAll squadrons using Squadron skins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its OK as is I just put up these solutions for others  :)

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1354 on: August 03, 2022, 07:47:34 AM »

Its OK as is I just put up these solutions for others  :)

The nation of the plane and its skin are defined by squadron.

flightorfight

« Reply #1355 on: September 16, 2022, 06:53:00 AM »

I am back here at SAS recently, had been away a few years. Where is the download for this? Does it work with stock, and older mods like DBW and UP? Can you change a blue plane to red or visa-versa?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.