Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116   Go Down

Author Topic: Project DGen_mod  (Read 361140 times)

Asura

• Modder
Re: Project DGen_mod
« Reply #1332 on: April 02, 2022, 03:33:13 AM »

Hi!

For Germany (corrected all files to use code DI for Army and DM for Navy in game): I have added at the stock germans all the WWI aces (more than 300 names) and actually the file list about 1000 names....I have to work on the length of each 1 to 9 section names to have in each the same number of names....do you think that is possible to point the game engine to use them also for navy?

Yes, you can use a single name file. So done for Japan and USA.

A question about pilots images: how many I can add? I'm asking because atm I have the images for 185 WWI german aces and I'm wondering how many can be used from the game....I need to know: no less than X no more than Y.....

You need 32 images (photos) of the pilots.

00.bmp - 31.bmp

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #1333 on: April 03, 2022, 03:01:11 AM »

Thanks Asura for your reply!

I'll start to edit pictures today!

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1334 on: May 23, 2022, 01:45:11 PM »

Just to notice....I'm still at work!

I'm building the new nations units....atm I have done all usable French , RNAS , RFC and RAF units....

The building of the relative files is going on....

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1335 on: May 23, 2022, 01:55:37 PM »

I'm also building a template for a DGen Westfront campaign....now I'm building artillery positions (blue and red , medium on frontline and heavy in the rear) and I'm placing the artillery clusters at no less than 2km distance each....

Just need to know if the 2km is a distance for each specific cluster or for all clusters....

In the end my question is:

I have placed artillery clusters at 2 km each and I need now to put the other clusters (ballons , dumps , barracks and so on) , can I place different clusters nearer than 2km from a different one or I must keep eack cluster at 2km from each other regardless of their type?

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1336 on: May 24, 2022, 04:56:12 AM »

The distances between clusters and the radii of defining clusters are the same for all types. Cluster discovery can be controlled by log-files.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1337 on: May 24, 2022, 10:19:01 AM »

I'll look at the gap between clusters to find free spots for ballons....otherwise I'll look at the log distance settings to free up a bit of places....

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1338 on: June 17, 2022, 01:39:55 PM »

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1339 on: June 17, 2022, 01:44:38 PM »

I'll look at the gap between clusters to find free spots for ballons....otherwise I'll look at the log distance settings to free up a bit of places....

Actually I have set a radius of 75 km from the main airfield in the Somme map* and I'm biulding the template for the campaign....I have placed field artillery batteries in the frontline with about 2/3 km of gap between clusters....

Now I'll place the ballons line a little behind them....and after a series of heavy artillery sites....

I have read about the range of the guns of the times and I plan to update a bit the technics parameters towards more WWI historical values....

* I have choosed that distance because the stock distance for targets of 150 km is too wide for a WWI planes due reduced spees if compared with WWI aircrafts....please note that a 75 km range anyway have mission duration if against the near the border targets of about 90 minutes....

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1340 on: June 28, 2022, 02:57:57 PM »

Hi Asura!

I have finished all the new units for the WW1 era I can add from myself....or at least all the main because I still need information about some countries air units....

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,64867.msg753160.html#msg753160

I'm also building the template for a DGen campaign over the Somme....

About that specific....can you please help me with some doubts about?

1) The airfield takeoff/landing coordinates could coincide? I'm asking because I have some airfields on that map that have only one airfield icon and all planes takeoff and land over the same point....

2) About cluster for field artillery position....the number of object (10) is for active object like <artillery> or I can place 36 trenches (static) objects for the site and only 8 <artillery> to simulate a double battery?

3) In the cluster definition process you have indicated:

cPort – cRailroad – cTroops – cFieldHQ – cBattery – cDepot – cTroops

But about cTroops you wrote:

"If there are more than 4 stationary «Tank» objects in the cluster, the cluster is set to cTroops."

"All other clusters are of type cTroops."

This mean that:

a) "more than 4 tank" in a cluster is the condition recognized first from DGen if in the cluster there isn't neither a <ship> (PORT) nor a <wagon> (RAILROAD) it is set to TROOPS even if there is a <radio> because the cfieldHQ condition is the next to be check only if the <tank> are less than 4?

b) the cTroops clusters could have:

- MORE than 4 tank and all next condition objects ( <radio> <artillery> <stationary> )
- LESS than 4 tank but none of all next condition objects (1 x <radio> , 3 x <artillery> , 4 x <stationary> )

Am I right?

Asura

• Modder
« Reply #1341 on: June 29, 2022, 12:38:13 AM »

Hi!

1) The airfield takeoff/landing coordinates could coincide? I'm asking because I have some airfields on that map that have only one airfield icon and all planes takeoff and land over the same point....

I think this is possible, but we need to check how the route will be built. In any case, BOTs should take off and land normally.

2) About cluster for field artillery position....the number of object (10) is for active object like <artillery> or I can place 36 trenches (static) objects for the site and only 8 <artillery> to simulate a double battery?

Trenches will not be considered, if you make a smaller amount of artillery, the cluster will be determined as Troops.

3) In the cluster definition process you have indicated:

cPort – cRailroad – cTroops – cFieldHQ – cBattery – cDepot – cTroops

a) "more than 4 tank" in a cluster is the condition recognized first from DGen if in the cluster there isn't neither a <ship> (PORT) nor a <wagon> (RAILROAD) it is set to TROOPS even if there is a <radio> because the cfieldHQ condition is the next to be check only if the <tank> are less than 4?

b) the cTroops clusters could have:

- MORE than 4 tank and all next condition objects ( <radio> <artillery> <stationary> )
- LESS than 4 tank but none of all next condition objects (1 x <radio> , 3 x <artillery> , 4 x <stationary> )

Am I right?

That's right - that's how it works.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #1342 on: June 29, 2022, 12:56:16 PM »

Thanks Asura for your reply and you unvaluable support!

taly01

• MY Sim Tech
« Reply #1343 on: July 24, 2022, 01:26:21 AM »

Hi Asura,  I like your DGen_mod alot :)  I have been happy enough with 2.0.5.0 but am finally moving to 2.1.0.0   I saw many definition fixes have already been done :)

One more Do217K-1 32xsc50 should be 28, 8xsc250 should be 4, 2xSC1800 should be 1.    These were wrong in 1C weapon.txt and assumed matching .air code but were not.

I am building missions in pacific Solomon islands and have several ship waypoints, the generator sets intercept ships to midway final waypoint, however the actual ships can be waypoints back (like an hour back).  Very occasionally an AI flights waypoints will intercept convoy at correct time point, which is not final waypoint leg.   I guess I work around by just one looonngg waypoint.

Just some old questions that still occur with 2.1.0.0 ops AttackCarrier etc seems to only put 1 ship from carriers.dat into mission, and ignores other fleet group?   If I may also suggest new operation AttackWarships of a convoy mostly of Capitalships.dat.    Convoy is moving ships, Ships is static ships away from Port(truck cluster)?

Anyway there are always workarounds to make it OK 
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.