Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 125117 times)

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D: new v4 + ScreenShot MOD
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »

Sorry to report: still lot's of flickering in mode B with the version I downloaded above - 3Dv5RC   :(

Spinnetti

« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2011, 04:29:55 PM »

Yeah!
   6DOF - Check
   Widescreen - Check
   No flicker - Check
   Brightness good - Check.

Only things I've noticed is that when changing the separation, it doesn't show the value on the HUD (at least in widescreen)..... Also, my rudder stopped working, but I assume that's unrelated.

Thanks!

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »

Sorry to report: still lot's of flickering in mode B with the version I downloaded above - 3Dv5RC   :(

Stratodog,
                   aren't you mixing up versions or something like that? I perfectly know the code of the v5 and the method I've found doesn't give any chance to possible flickering (in new Mode B, the only possible flicker one is the last: B- which is the first I programmed for v3).

Regards,
                       Pablo

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2011, 08:04:47 PM »

Stratodog,
                   aren't you mixing up versions or something like that? I perfectly know the code of the v5 and the method I've found doesn't give any chance to possible flickering (in new Mode B, the only possible flicker one is the last: B- which is the first I programmed for v3).

Regards,
                       Pablo

Yeah, I must be doing something wrong because I get flickering on Mode A and B.
I'm going to try and figure out what I'm messing up. 

Edit:
You are correct sir!! I had so many different versions of this thing that I extracted the wrong one  :-[
Works great.  No flicker on Mode B.

Now I think I need better 3D glasses.  I get a very noticeable "shadow" image in the cockpit.

panzerkeil

• Woof!
« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »

This is probably as designed but I did not see it anywhere: when I press the right mouse button and scroll the mouse weel the separation between red and cyan changes. Love this mod!!  Many thanks; this is indeed a new era in IL2!   ;D

CoolBreeze

• "Have a good time, all the time"
« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2011, 06:16:47 AM »

Hi,
Sorry to bother everybody again with my technical difficulties.  I spent some more time with the latest update of this mod over the weekend, trying out various settings etc.  I am able to load missions running Mode B- (the original, flickering mode) but not with mode A or the new, non-flickering B.  When I try to load a mission running either A or nonflickering B, my mission load screen freezes at 100% which is followed by CTD.  Is it possible that modes A & B (but not B-) cause a freeze because of something in my graphics card settings? I'm running DBW 1.6 with an Nvidia GTS 250. Thanks again!

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2011, 06:56:19 AM »

Was 6dof enabled in your IL-2?

santobr.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »

Hi,
Sorry to bother everybody again with my technical difficulties.  I spent some more time with the latest update of this mod over the weekend, trying out various settings etc.  I am able to load missions running Mode B- (the original, flickering mode) but not with mode A or the new, non-flickering B.  When I try to load a mission running either A or nonflickering B, my mission load screen freezes at 100% which is followed by CTD.  Is it possible that modes A & B (but not B-) cause a freeze because of something in my graphics card settings? I'm running DBW 1.6 with an Nvidia GTS 250. Thanks again!

Yes CoolBreeze,
                                as Santobr says, the 6DOF can affect this and may be the responsible of that behavior. We have already discussed this. Please be methodic and confirm if you don't have ANY OTHER 6DOF related MOD loading before the Stereo 3D, because if so it will replace vital parts of this MOD and will lead to programs hangs.

Regards,
                       Pablo

CoolBreeze

• "Have a good time, all the time"
« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:41 AM »

Thanks again Santobr and Benitomuso- I appreciate the suggestions.  The spirit of camaraderie is my favorite aspect of this forum.

Using the selector, I enable 6dof. In the #DBW folder I disabled the SAS 6dof and SAS Ecranwide mods as well as the SAS small fxmod and the VTD ai beta mod.  Should I disable the STD and XTD folders in the #DBW folder as well?  In any case, the 3d mod is named such that it loads first in the #DBW folder.

Earlier in the forum, Blumax was reporting different results depending on which monitor they used and there was some discussion on requiring refresh rates greater than 60 hrz. I've got an older LCD with 60 hrz as its only refresh setting- could this hardware limitation prevent mode A and nonflickering B from working?  Because I'm able to get mode B- running, I suspect that my problem is a hardware limitation or configuration issue.

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »

Well, in #DBW I think you need to disable the 6dof mod only. Maybe the Ecranwide too, but because the same files are included in the last version of 3D mod, so it doesn't matter, but you can save a bit of HD space.
You can't disable the STD and XTD folders, because they are not mods, they are part of the DBW pack.

If it still does not work, you need to disable the mods one by one until you discover what mod is in conflict with Pablo's mod.

And last but not least...
Yes, you need to enable 6dof in the selector and don't forget to disable the "mod files cache".

santobr.

gianluca

« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »

Hi Pablo, with the last version full trackir works!
However - cannot switch between version (mousae wheel and left/righ clicking has no effect) and still Vsynch problems so I guess your beauty is a no go for my rig unfortunately...
Best regards,
Gianluca

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »

Hi Pablo, with the last version full trackir works!
However - cannot switch between version (mousae wheel and left/righ clicking has no effect) and still Vsynch problems so I guess your beauty is a no go for my rig unfortunately...
Best regards,
Gianluca

That's very strange Gianluca! Are you positive you have deleted any previous version? Are your 6DOF and EcranWide MODs deactivated or loading only after the PAL Stereo 3D?

There isn't any reason why you could be unable to switch between modes. If the MOD works it should monitor directly the Mouse commands and so respond to it. Just in case I'm re-uploading the v5RC because I found a size difference with the one I have in my desktop.

So if you (Gianluca or any) had any problem, re-download it from here:

Regards,
                        Pablo
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 26 queries.