Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D (Development thread)  (Read 125123 times)

Mick

• Modder
Re: A new era has come! Stereoscopic 3D: new v3b for test
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »

unfortunately it still doesnt work well.

If i want to start the game with 3D enabled, the game stucks at 100% mission loading and the screen becomes red.

If i start the game with 3D disabled and then enable it in flight, i get red and blue bars going up and down the screen without vsync.
with vsync enabled it seems red and blue frames are alternating. however the game is stuck when i try to fly in cockpit view and continues after i go to external view.

... I get exactly the same result as you have HansHansen ...  :'(

[URU]Mustang

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »

just a quick question, do you need a 3D monitor?
Nvidia GT9800 support this mod?
Cheers

Zappatime

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »

no, no 3d monitor needed for this method

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »

To me it's unplayable. There is 3d effect but it flickers so much (with about 10 Hz frequency while framerate is very high, over 50 FPS) that it's compleatly unplayable.

Version 2 of course didn't work to me. I have nVidia GeForce GT 240. Maybe it has sth to do with VideoSetupID value? I use 3, which value do you guys use?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »

To me it's unplayable. There is 3d effect but it flickers so much (with about 10 Hz frequency while framerate is very high, over 50 FPS) that it's compleatly unplayable.

Version 2 of course didn't work to me. I have nVidia GeForce GT 240. Maybe it has sth to do with VideoSetupID value? I use 3, which value do you guys use?

Mati,
            V2 is "pseudo-stereo" and in fact doesn't work for everybody.

Regarding V3b and the soon to be release V3c, while I still work on a better approach to the internal frame synchronization:

-I verified that opposite to the comments made by Blumax (who have a very high fps rate from his CPU/GPU), the most convinient is setting the refresh rate of your monitor to the lowest value (usually 60Hz). Why? Because the flickering comes from the fact that your CPU/GPU cannot feed fast enough one frame that the next must be sent to the monitor. So the lower the refresh rate, the easier the Il-2 can reach it. If you set 75Hz instead of 60Hz, there are 15 extra possible causes of flickering by second.

-For V3c I have implemented settings for 3DStereo separation in Internal and External views, so we can have deeper sempsation of planes when we are out of the cockpit.

Regards,
                      Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »

Hi Pablo, my report with 3D Vers. 3:

ATI X1950XTX card   FPS > 50 with test mission (3xp40 on Smolensk map, I fly the 3rd last one)
Monitor Samsung SyncMaster 245 60 Hz

- I Have 3D effect, and can change intensity of it with mouse weel, but I have 3D ONLY to Cockpit instruments external planes are the same, NO 3D.
- With V-Sync On I have the above descripted , with V-Sync OFF I have the orizontal big red lines on monitor.

Please Pablo If you can write here your ATI CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS as to compare why I have no 3D in external planes but only in-cocpit intrument panel, cloche, frame screen etc..

also I use Ati Tray tool (no Catalyst Control Center) may be this the problem?

Raptor,
               the external views will become "Deep Stereo" just by increasing the Stereo Separation. The new V3c will include independent memory and settings for the two situations.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »

thanks for your hard work Pablo

unfortunately it still doesnt work well.

If i want to start the game with 3D enabled, the game stucks at 100% mission loading and the screen becomes red.

If i start the game with 3D disabled and then enable it in flight, i get red and blue bars going up and down the screen without vsync.
with vsync enabled it seems red and blue frames are alternating. however the game is stuck when i try to fly in cockpit view and continues after i go to external view.

Hans and the others with this problem:

Don't you have your games configured in Direct X? That's exactly the problem I see if I move it from OpenGL.

Confirm that please.

PA_Willy

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »

-I verified that opposite to the comments made by Blumax (who have a very high fps rate from his CPU/GPU), the most convinient is setting the refresh rate of your monitor to the lowest value (usually 60Hz). Why? Because the flickering comes from the fact that your CPU/GPU cannot feed fast enough one frame that the next must be sent to the monitor. So the lower the refresh rate, the easier the Il-2 can reach it. If you set 75Hz instead of 60Hz, there are 15 extra possible causes of flickering by second.

Exactly.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2011, 01:20:30 AM »

I am in OpenGL Pablo, I am certain of that simply because there is no DirectX section in my conf.ini, I deleted it (to avoid mistakes when I applied modifications in it) a long time ago since I don't use it anymore ...  ;)

HansHansen

• Modder
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2011, 01:38:13 AM »

I am also 100% sure to run the game with OpenGL  ;)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2011, 02:46:49 AM »

Just to report on personal experience. Installed the mod, (SAS 410.1 Mod Act 3.6) did not add any lines to my conf.ini, I have carsmaster's mod, refresh rate of my screen set at 60Hz. It works miracles! In external view, I get the feeling the plane is flying outside the screen! In internal, the 3D is more evident in some cockpits (MIg, Bf109) but it works overall. When I press right click on mouse and scrollwheel down, the mod desactivates as prescribed. I experience minor flickering, especially over water. This is truly great, it has even pulled the mrs in the game (first time ever!) Brilliant job, Pablo!  8) 8)
P.S. Should I add the lines in my conf.ini?

LuseKofte

« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2011, 04:20:51 AM »

:( I cant fly without my TrackIr, what a punishment not enjoying this fine mod Pablo. But one thing for sure ,you never stop amaze me with your innovative ideas and Mods. You are Modders yukon goldrush. Great man you are. Many thanks for your work
 :)
Best regards
Finn
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 37   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 27 queries.