Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: for DBW 1916 users - Backgrounds  (Read 1484 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
for DBW 1916 users - Backgrounds
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:24:20 AM »

hi all
been tinkering about with backgrounds a bit recently, and i thought i'd share this little technique specifically for DBW 1916.
it seems to have already been incorporated in the campaigns section, but you might find in some single mission screens that the backgrounds are 'shared' with the root game, and you get one of your WW2 or such, backgrounds displayed instead of a WW1 pic, for instance.
to get around this, and still keep your original backgrounds intact, you just need to create a folder in your #DBW 1916 folder, named whatever you like.
inside this folder, you now reproduce the folder structure from your main folder, ie: Missions/Single/GB, DE...etc, other countries.
then you just add the background.tga you'd like, WW1 themed maybe, in this case, inside each country folder.
the game will still pick up all the missions from different versions, but you can at least have a 'themed' background, if you're into that sort of thing.. :D
using this same method, you can have background pics of your choice for each specific version of the game you are running, UP/DBW/1916.... 8)
just for anyone who might be interested.
i'm not near my gaming pc right now, otherwise i'd post a sample mod, but i'm sure it's simple enough.. 8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

LuseKofte

Re: for DBW 1916 users - Backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:51 AM »

Great stuff  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.