Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Strike Witches' skins for IL2 !Very Ahistorical & Anime Blood Pressure Warning!  (Read 39957 times)

Darkwind

Ice Eagle I could'nt have put it clearer.....is there nothing sacred????....cartoons all over 109's..190's...ZERO's??...I guess I've gotten too old..I just can't see it!

Herra Tohtori

• Modder

What's with all the negativity?

This is got to be one of the stupidest f*cking things I've ever seen in my f*cking life. An insult & slap in the
face to those who served. Bloody f*cking insulting.

edit: to answer post #23:

Then your looking to troll or flame with this thread. Against the forum rules I believe. your original title was only 'Re: "Strike Witches" skins for IL2"

Ice Eagle I could'nt have put it clearer.....is there nothing sacred????....cartoons all over 109's..190's...ZERO's??...I guess I've gotten too old..I just can't see it!

That which is sacred cannot by definition be sullied by mundane things. Therefore it's really of no use to get all worked up about something that supposedly insults your sensibilities, and is also the reason why I think blasphemy is by definition impossible. Personally I am of the opinion that there is no division between sacred and mundane, and all that exists just forms one category of existence, but that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.

What you're actually saying is, should some aspects of history be respected enough not to be used as source material for <insert media here>? And, apparently in your opinion they can be used as source material for certain types of media but not for another types of media, which is in my view somewhat hypocritical. It's not about insulting "those who served" as you say, or "historical integrity", but rather insulting your personal opinions about whether something is insulting to source material or not.

And, while you may see <insert media here> as insulting, I doubt the makers intended it to be so. If you don't care for it, feel free to ignore it; what harm is there in it? I might actually agree with you in that this particular animated series is, quite frankly, rather dull and doesn't make justice to the awesomeness of the supposed background material (read: The source material could be adapted to animated series with much higher level of awesomeness, see: The Cockpit), but really, the connection between the actual show and the source material is so thin to be virtually nonexistant. I only watched few episodes because there were supposed to be airplanes (according to my sources) but it soon became apparent this was not the case, and dropped it because otherwise it wasn't exactly what I would call a good series.

But it doesn't insult me, and whether it insults your opinions is your problem, not the problem of those who like it. I'm not an admin or moderator here, but if you were saying stuff like this on another board where I have such powers, I would ask you to formulate your opinions in a less inflammatory way or, better yet, if you don't have any constructive feedback, stay silent altogether.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else... you're the one getting burned.

Regarding Zeroes: The problem can be fixed (sort of) by installing a mod that reverts Zeroes to the old model. This has the advantage of being compatible with all the mass quantities of skins made for the old one, but obvious disadvantage of reverting to a slightly lower-quality 3D model of the Zero.

Converting skins to the new format may not be very easy or simple, but re-making the skins for new zero is certainly within plausible scenarios. All you would need to do is find the original source images, and insert them into the new skin. Depending on how adept you are at using graphics editors such as GIMP or Photoshop, this may be easy or less than easy to do.

Katyusha454

• Fishbed Fangirl

Il-2 is for accurate simulation of historical scenarios only.  Fun and imagination are not allowed.  Flight simming is SRS BZNSS YO.

(sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell :P )

Ass Eagle

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...

I've been away from an plink for a few days, things seem to be settling...
when it comes to this anime, it is quite full of visual 'fanservice', ignore them and see past them if you can or choose to.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Nude Deer (whoops) ...New Year!  muhahaha

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

Happy Nude Flug Year !! my fellow witchey fans :D

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!

Well this is... different...  :P

But hey, they put almost anything on planes now-a-days ;)

I could say in the same way, that the History Channel can be just as insulting on skipping some facts, details, only ever present things aimed towards one nations viewpoint and dumbing down what it presents to the lowest idiot level - tis no better than some of the UK's lesser digital channels.

Tounge n cheek, add some salt with it and watch the blood pressure induced stroke; ignore if you decide too, infact please do, I did give a warning in the title.

Personnaly, its only loosely based on history via names of A/C, weapons and femanised names of aces; I understand that to those who cannot know this or choose not to, that is not there thing, you don't have to watch the series, or view this page after the first time you didn't like it.

I could say that us playing games about killing other virtual pilots is an even bigger slap in the face, glorifiing death etc, especially in the same kill marked historical skinned A/C, even more so than just a cartoon which is ww2 nations united verses aliens, but I won't because I undestand and like both, and take them as they are with understanding about why and where they're coming from.

There are more fans of IL2 than there ever was/is of Strike Witches I think....

Nobody actually watches the History Channel anymore because there is no such thing as the History Channel. It is now just "History" that air's reality shows for men all the time now.

And if you say IL-2 is glorifying death, then you should go play Call of Duty. which 80% of the population play's.

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

I personally play BF2 too, so yeah, I said if I said.. but I won't, I understand (some, of) the differences and histories, and other events/stories/etc. so, I don't think that it glorifies aerial murder to me.
But I used that as an anolgy to decrying something different with a similar manner behind it, thats all. I fly in IL2 offline myself, in historical campaigns or fictional QMB missions.
Sometimes in historic/realistic skins, sometimes in fictional versions, sometimes in completely 'un' or 'a' historical skins too, hell, I can even land a Lerche fairly quickly if needs be, I admit to being as gulitly from anothers point of view to sacrilidge as the next 'virtual combat' afficanardo.

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.

Another recent Strike Witches skin to add to the collection:
Adolfine Galland's Me-262 A1, based on ace Adolf Galland.

This skin is 2048 x 2048, my only and probably last strike witches skin, it was a pain making this. I'll be finishing my P-51 4096 x 4096 void mustang after exams! :D

Link to skin: http://i.imgur.com/jBRkRra.jpg

It's a png, 2048, RGB. Do your own conversions and stuff

PLZ DON'T FLAME.
Ghost129er
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site

my only complaint, these anime girls are just way over-dressed. :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.

I see what you did there!  ;)
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

Cool skin KAFI-Ghost, will dl and fly-n'-try :D
It is notoriusly difficult to find lesser dressed colour pics of the witches, even when surfing the search engines - me thinks so of the orignal 'art's used in the orignal skins were from an artist or fan group, as most of them aren't online, well not in english filenamed netland...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 26 queries.