Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Strike Witches' skins for IL2 !Very Ahistorical & Anime Blood Pressure Warning!  (Read 39984 times)

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.

i was searching for episodes in italian, but english subbed is good enough!

ghost, sir, i owe you a beer!

S!
Andrea

Ay! There is in Italian! Gimmie  5 mins I'll find it ;)

@anyone:

THE Zero/Zeke skins arent working! They'er a mess! :O Can someone please help me fix the, or fix them?!?! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING PLS TRY THE SKIN AND FIX BROS! :)

Ghost
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...

Ghost, the skins are not 'Indexed' into 256 colour 24bit format with no dithering.

You need to convert them in you own art program like GIMP, Photoshop or Draw etc,

If I recall they are in bmp or png format.. and each one just needs to be indexed to 256 colours and then saved as a .bmp - so each imagge/file is 1.0mb in size, then put them in their respective aircraft folders.

Then they will work - they are hosted in/from another site, where .bmp format pictures are not allowed, and also they are hosted on an old site from before image sharing was as it is now...

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.

Ghost, the skins are not 'Indexed' into 256 colour 24bit format with no dithering.

You need to convert them in you own art program like GIMP, Photoshop or Draw etc,

If I recall they are in bmp or png format.. and each one just needs to be indexed to 256 colours and then saved as a .bmp - so each imagge/file is 1.0mb in size, then put them in their respective aircraft folders.

Then they will work - they are hosted in/from another site, where .bmp format pictures are not allowed, and also they are hosted on an old site from before image sharing was as it is now...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm using the HDR (High Definition and Resolution) True color texture mod, so I'm good with that, its just the Zero skins are probably used on an older version and the mapping has changed. Sad. I'm using 4.101 Ultra Pack modded. So I think that's where the zero goof ups are occurring.

Thanks anyways :3

Ghost
But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces.. And that, perhaps, maybe your answer.

dpaige7

Naturally common sense is always ignored... ;)

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

Ah, yep, the zero skins are for stock IL2/Oleg/1C zero's, not Japancats much better versions... I myself do not know what differences there are between the two skinwise - JC's 3d updates are beautiful. Perhaps most of the differences are not to big, just require some time and patience in copy moving,/arranging and pasting to fix...

But I at the moment don't have DBW as I'm currently back to using 4.11.m/4.11.0.1m/or whatever its called plus its 'hotfix'.. so in a ways, they work for me ;)
-----
Ah lol dpaige 8) i wrote it ironicly for myself but non/un-ironic about some of those online peoples we meet/read..
 ...when I was at 1st/primary school (circa 1985) *in an withered old man voice* I'm sure we told to spell it the (old) English way with a French-English slant - hence the 'c' in it to the American 's'...

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.

just require some time and patience in copy moving,/arranging and pasting to fix...

I suck at that...

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

I sort of do too, but without a current working modded game to compare against...
Mind I'm still got an '3D look alike in 2D' jet engine skin for a Heinkel Hirth Hs11 to finish, 3 years after I started it from scratch, although now it just needs the pipework and accessories & the relevant shadows and 3D effect shading created for it....

Ahem, Ghost, they're episodes, not movies, movies are more than a minimum of 45 minutes long, usually more than one hour..

Ghost129er

• EX F.A.C. #65
  • Ghost of the skies.

Ahem, Ghost, they're episodes, not movies, movies are more than a minimum of 45 minutes long, usually more than one hour..

-____________________________________- Are you serious? OK FINE MY BAD.

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

I think I'm gonna get zapped for pedantry; being a pedantic pedant who's an un-taught/trained otaku wannabe

Marsei13(BG)

• Love IK-3 and hate FW-190 :P !

stories in il 2 LOL   ;D ;D

Ass Eagle

This is got to be one of the stupidest f*cking things I've ever seen in my f*cking life. An insult & slap in the
face to those who served. Bloody f*cking insulting.

edit: to answer post #23:

Then your looking to troll or flame with this thread. Against the forum rules I believe. your original title was only 'Re: "Strike Witches" skins for IL2"

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder

I could say in the same way, that the History Channel can be just as insulting on skipping some facts, details, only ever present things aimed towards one nations viewpoint and dumbing down what it presents to the lowest idiot level - tis no better than some of the UK's lesser digital channels.

Tounge n cheek, add some salt with it and watch the blood pressure induced stroke; ignore if you decide too, infact please do, I did give a warning in the title.

Personnaly, its only loosely based on history via names of A/C, weapons and femanised names of aces; I understand that to those who cannot know this or choose not to, that is not there thing, you don't have to watch the series, or view this page after the first time you didn't like it.

I could say that us playing games about killing other virtual pilots is an even bigger slap in the face, glorifiing death etc, especially in the same kill marked historical skinned A/C, even more so than just a cartoon which is ww2 nations united verses aliens, but I won't because I undestand and like both, and take them as they are with understanding about why and where they're coming from.

There are more fans of IL2 than there ever was/is of Strike Witches I think....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 23 queries.