Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Abbeville Boys" - now for 4.12!  (Read 6666 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
"The Abbeville Boys" - now for 4.12!
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:32:09 PM »

I have now posted a Luftwaffe campaign set in the summer of 1943, where you get to fly the Fw-190A against the RAF and the USAAF - not least against American heavy bombers, doing their daylight raids. It is called "The Abbeville Boys":

It is a fascinationg phase of the air war because it was the last period when the Luftwaffe, the RAF and the USAAF met on reasonably even terms, a period when the outcome of this monumental test of strength was not yet given. And the aerial fighting itself was very varied, where you one day could face massive armadas of B-17's, and the next go out on patrol with just a wing-man, hunting for RAF prowlers. And the odds were by no means suicidal.

The latest version has now been updated to modded 4.12 standards means a number of improvements, for instance a better AI plus of course the very impressive taxi to take-off- feature.

More info can be found HERE: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18216.msg195547.html#new

And it can be downloaded directly HERE: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=945
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

DD_BadAim

Re: Fw-190 1943 campaign for DBW: "The Abbeville Boys"!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »

I've already downloaded it, and will commence to flying as soon as it's installed! Thanks Mr P., your campaigns are a great addition to this community.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »

Finally a Luftwaffe campaign for DBW!
Tired of having to fly those panty waist spitfires!

andrey65

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »

Excellent!
I dreamed about it! Thank you!

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »

I'm having a mod conflict.
Mission number 2, loads only my aircraft and 4 A-20's. Player aircraft spawns with gear up, summersaults over and lands on its top.
The A-20's spawn in the air, no issues.
Also, as one who fly's full switch I have noticed that the waypoint headings seem to be way off, sometimes by as much as 20 degrees.
Will report back.

Ok well it seems the "Charles Lordside" new RAF pilot 3d by wolffighter for the Typhoon was causing the conflict. Edited out the Typhoon folders in the RAF pilot 3d mod and all is well.
Very strange.

Ok, 3 missions in...Damn! This is fun! Great campaign!
Poltava, PLEASE consider doing a defense of the Reich series! :D
Now one question, with all the mentioning of ground control, jafu, and observers is it strange that I haven't heard anything from them? I was kinda expecting to see ground controllers vectoring us to contacts with all that they are mentioned in the briefings.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 04:04:15 AM »

Well, I tried to get to the fact that at this time the Luftwaffe Command & Control system in the west (Jagdführer 1 & 2) was almost honed to perfection. I actually tried using Cy6's C&C MOD but I didn't really like the result. (That mod is perfectly adapted for single interceptions during nighttime.) But perhaps later on I will look at this again.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 04:30:08 AM »

Well, I tried to get to the fact that at this time the Luftwaffe Command & Control system in the west (Jagdführer 1 & 2) was almost honed to perfection. I actually tried using Cy6's C&C MOD but I didn't really like the result. (That mod is perfectly adapted for single inteceptions during nighttime.) But perhaps later on I will look at this again.
Hey you could change nothing and still have a great campaign!
I just finished mission 5, I think, and had no contact, but the post briefing talks about "Those were Typhoons..." ???
I think I may be flying my patrol route too fast!

nzmigman

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »

I too am having a problem in that my planes and those of my flight explode on the ground.

looking into the log file..I see that a couple of chunks are missing being Head1_D1 and AFN2_RED
My install is the full TFM 412 with all the patches applied

I tried using the old campaign version supplied and that worked but still showed AFN2_RED as missing.
I looked into Claymore 190 folder and found the A5 had (Beta) in its folder name

is it possible to fix this ? I found the files I need but can't see where to put them

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »

Strange. Perhaps someone here can answer your question? I honestly don't know where to put these missing files...  :o

nzmigman

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 09:00:35 PM »

Further info

The Fw 190 A5 loads fine in QMB
Explosions happen at the generic spawn points and where the player and his planes spawn.

Tried replacing with Claymores V2 FW 190 pack...did not fix

Peachy9

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 09:49:20 AM »

NZMIGMAN - I have the same install as you - I went into the FMB and moved the generic spawn points for mission 1 out from under the camo netting - all worked fine then.
P9

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 11:37:06 AM »

Strange. This means that HSFX 7 and TFM have some minute differences, well, ... where? There is no collision with the nets in HSFX.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 29 queries.